Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Injuries playoff week
Because of the Saturday game, the schedule is pushed ahead by a day so the Bengals practice today.

All offensive linemen are healthy enough to practice. Zac was anticipating XSF being activated this week. We will have to see if that happens. If it does it will likely be done on Thur or Fri. Just nice to have that depth available

Josh Tupuo is out with an MCL sprain no IR as this is generally a 2 week injury. Mike Daniels is probably going to be elevated for the game. He still has 2 regular elevations to go since the last 2 weeks were COVID related

Ricardo Allen (I remembered today) is in concussion protocol. Unlikely that he will be active on Saturday as it is virtually impossible to clear through all the steps that quickly

Cam Sample and Jalen Davis are back at practice after being out the last 2 weeks with injuries.A\

Auden Tate cleared to practice from IR

Tupuo and Allen are the only 2 being reported as not practicing

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
About as healthy as you can ask for after 17 games. I really hope Spain is close to 100% we need to keep this DL out of Joe's lap.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 04:13 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: About as healthy as you can ask for after 17 games.  I really hope Spain is close to 100% we need to keep this DL out of Joe's lap.

Dehner reported he looked good in the open part of the practice.  Adeniji wasn't moving as easily so he will probably be listed as limited on the official report

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 04:31 PM)pally Wrote: Dehner reported he looked good in the open part of the practice.  Adeniji wasn't moving as easily so he will probably be listed as limited on the official report

If that's the case roll with Carman at RG.  He may be a bit inconsistent but he's got a lot more natural power than Adeniji.  Just need Pollack in his ear all week telling him to PLAY LOW.  When he plays low and balanced with his frame he looks great, when he gets high he can get off-balance.  

Can't teach this kinda nasty though. 

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 04:42 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: If that's the case roll with Carman at RG.  He may be a bit inconsistent but he's got a lot more natural power than Adeniji.  Just need Pollack in his ear all week telling him to PLAY LOW.  When he plays low and balanced with his frame he looks great, when he gets high he can get off-balance.  

Can't teach this kinda nasty though. 

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

To me I feel they should have ran with Carman all season once he took over. He has some lapses, but I don’t think any of the current RG are significantly more consistent than him, and his ceiling seems to be so much higher than the others right now.
Reply/Quote
Good to hear. Now if we can just avoid the condition that dare not speak its name, we'll be in good shape.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I don't care how much their nose is running, nobody admit nothing.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 04:08 PM)pally Wrote: Josh Tupuo is out with an MCL sprain no IR as this is generally a 2 week injury.  Mike Daniels is probably going to be elevated for the game.  He still has 2 regular elevations to go since the last 2 weeks were COVID related

So is there a limit on how many times they can bring them up and put back on the PS?
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 05:14 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: So is there a limit on how many times they can bring them up and put back on the PS?

Yes, for standard elevations it is 2.  For the third one, you have to sign the player to the 53 man roster.  

For COVID elevations, I do not think there is a limit. 

I have no idea if those limits apply for playoffs, or if they are modified, or what. 
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 05:14 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: So is there a limit on how many times they can bring them up and put back on the PS?

Take 2: According to this, teams have unlimited practice squad elevations for the post-season.  

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-playoff-rule-change-teams-now-have-unlimited-practice-squad-promotions-per-report/
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 06:08 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Take 2: According to this, teams have unlimited practice squad elevations for the post-season.  

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-playoff-rule-change-teams-now-have-unlimited-practice-squad-promotions-per-report/

thanks i knew some things changed for Covid... But not to this extend.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 04:13 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: About as healthy as you can ask for after 17 games. 

We have been exceptionally lucky with injuries this year.  That is one of the big reasons I say we need to win now.  Lot's of people say we won't be true contenders for a year or two, but I believe winning a championship is as much about health and being hot at the right time as it is overall talent.

And we are not only healthy, we are as hot as we have been all year.  I think we have as good of a chance this year as we will in the future.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 06:08 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Take 2: According to this, teams have unlimited practice squad elevations for the post-season.  

that's good that means we can keep elevating Trent Taylor too

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 06:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We have been exceptionally lucky with injuries this year.  That is one of the big reasons I say we need to win now.  Lot's of people say we won't be true contenders for a year or two, but I believe winning a championship is as much about health and being hot at the right time as it is overall talent.

And we are not only healthy, we are as hot as we have been all year.  I think we have as good of a chance this year as we will in the future.

Yep. If you get a chance to get there, you have to go for it all. Marino looked like a guy that would go to the SB many times. Made it in his 2nd year, then never again. Made two other conference championships but lost them both. One of them was in '85, the year they beat the Bears and broke thier undefeated streak. They got blown out in the AFCCG. I wonder how much more interesting the SB would have been that year if Miami had made it over NE. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Add Stanley Morgan, a key special teams player to the current out list. He has a hamstring issue. Other than Morgan no surprises to the list

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 04:08 PM)pally Wrote: Because of the Saturday game, the schedule is pushed ahead by a day so the Bengals practice today.

All offensive linemen are healthy enough to practice.  Zac was anticipating XSF being activated this week.  We will have to see if that happens. If it does it will likely be done on Thur or Fri.  Just nice to have that depth available

Josh Tupuo is out with an MCL sprain no IR as this is generally a 2 week injury.  Mike Daniels is probably going to be elevated for the game.  He still has 2 regular elevations to go since the last 2 weeks were COVID related

Ricardo Allen (I remembered today) is in concussion protocol.  Unlikely that he will be active on Saturday as it is virtually impossible to clear through all the steps that quickly

Cam Sample and Jalen Davis are back at practice after being out the last 2 weeks with injuries.A\

Auden Tate cleared to practice from IR

Tupuo and Allen are the only 2 being reported as not practicing
Thank you for the update.
Reply/Quote
https://twitter.com/kelseylconway/status/1481021352102576131?s=21
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 06:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We have been exceptionally lucky with injuries this year.  That is one of the big reasons I say we need to win now.  Lot's of people say we won't be true contenders for a year or two, but I believe winning a championship is as much about health and being hot at the right time as it is overall talent.

We have been extremely fortunate but we are going to be contenders for quite awhile. After Zac addresses the OL in the draft and with the FO managing the salary cap room ( most room of all the playoff teams) to again participate freely in free agency we should get better and better.
Reply/Quote

Being healthy as a team is HUGE!
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 04:46 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: To me I feel they should have ran with Carman all season once he took over. He has some lapses, but I don’t think any of the current RG are significantly more consistent than him, and his ceiling seems to be so much higher than the others right now.

I agree. I don't focus on the line enough. I know he obviously struggled at times but I saw him have some really good plays in the pass and run game. I think he showed enough to keep playing and if we want him to get better that may be what it takes.
Reply/Quote