Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Injuries week 15
More will come out with the actual injury report but...

Riley Reiff is doubtful for this week
Trey Hendrickson will be limited and likely a late-week/game-day decision but Zac is optimistic
Logan Wilson is out but they are hopeful he should be back for the Baltimore game
Hopkins, Prince, Hill are all sick (COVID negative) so are not practicing and are out of the facility today
D'Ante Smith is practicing at both tackle positions but no word if he will be activated this week (still have 2 weeks)
Trae Waynes is expected to be activated but we thought that last week too
Joe Burrow is not practicing today-pinky still

with both centers out of practice today Keaton Sutherland is snapping the ball

edit: Chris Evans returns from the rehab field. He's been out since the end of the Steeler game. If he can play on Sunday look for him to replace Phillips as kick returner

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 03:16 PM)pally Wrote: More will come out with the actual injury report but...

Trey Hendrickson will be limited and likely a late-week/game-day decision but Zac is optimistic
Logan Wilson is out but they are hopeful he should be back for the Baltimore game
Hopkins, Prince, Hill are all sick (COVID negative) so are not practicing and are out of the facility today
D'Ante Smith is practicing at both tackle positions but no word if he will be activated this week (still have 2 weeks)

Bengals now dealing with injuries like most other teams are.
How well will the backups step up this week?
The backup OL sure haven't played well.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I really hope Smith comes off the IR and takes RT by storm :)
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 03:22 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Bengals now dealing with injuries like most other teams are.
How well will the backups step up this week?
The backup OL sure haven't played well.

This might be the Best defense they face too.. Not good..
Reply/Quote
Bailey returned to practice

XSF and Tate on the rehab field

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 03:25 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I really hope Smith comes off the IR and takes RT by storm :)

That's my hope.

Reiff is doubtful, so if D'Ante is activated, it would be great to throw him to the wolves (albeit, he'd have a big test against Chubb).
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I guess this list is still shorter than War and Peace

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 03:16 PM)pally Wrote: More will come out with the actual injury report but...

edit: Chris Evans returns from the rehab field.  He's been out since the end of the Steeler game.  If he can play on Sunday look for him to replace Phillips as kick returner

D'Ante Smith is a guy I hope gets the start at RT if he is healthy.  The coaches loved him, and he has length unlike anyone on the team.  He also added the size and strength that were his biggest question marks.  

It would be a long shot to come in and be a solid RT in his rookie season coming off a bunch of injuries, but it would be huge for this team to find their RT of the future before the season ends.  

I can't help but think Carman should be given a shot here as well, unless they are 100% behind him as a future guard.  That guy is such a mystery.  Struggled early, which was understandable given his rookie status and a new position.  Had a game where he was the highest graded lineman.  Then, seemingly regressed and lost his job to Adeniji, who struggled mightily.  

I will say this about Carman:  The one thing I don't question in him is strength.  He has moved some VERY big men back like it was nothing.  I just think he needs confidence and more playing time, but I guess the coaches just aren't as sold on him.  
Reply/Quote
Thus far the Bengals seem to be dodging the COVID outbreak that many teams are experiencing. Let's hope it stays that way so we can field our best roster during the critical stretch of upcoming games.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 03:48 PM)pally Wrote: Bailey returned to practice

XSF and Tate on the rehab field

XSF has been just about as unavailable as Waynes this season, and not much last season either.
Only 2 games played so far this season, just 6 last year.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2021, 02:31 PM)ochocincos Wrote: XSF has been just about as unavailable as Waynes this season, and not much last season either.

it is easier to be mad about the player being paid $15,000,000 than the guy making $3,000,000

Reply/Quote
Add Reiff to IR and Awuzie to COVID list.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2021, 03:47 PM)Au165 Wrote: Add Reiff to IR and Awuzie to COVID list.

Just outright bad news x2.

Means Reiff is probably done for the year if they don't make the playoffs, right? I can't imagine he'd come back for 1 final game if it doesn't mean anything seeing as how he's heading to FA and risk worsening it, getting something else wrong, or putting up some bad semi-injured tape.

Also unless Waynes comes back (for however long it lasts this time) that means Hargreaves, Flowers, or Davis become a starter if Awuzie isn't cleared in time for the game? Oof.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2021, 04:05 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Just outright bad news x2.

Means Reiff is probably done for the year if they don't make the playoffs, right? I can't imagine he'd come back for 1 final game if it doesn't mean anything seeing as how he's heading to FA and risk worsening it, getting something else wrong, or putting up some bad semi-injured tape.

Also unless Waynes comes back (for however long it lasts this time) that means Hargreaves, Flowers, or Davis become a starter if Awuzie isn't cleared in time for the game? Oof.

Taylor might have his excuse for sticking around if he doesn't make playoffs.
Injuries.

Injuries were mentioned as a big reason for failure last year.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Just what we don't need.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2021, 04:05 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Just outright bad news x2.

Yes, I would assume Reiff is done if we get eliminated at any point. 

I am not as down on our depth as most, I still like Flowers more than most people I think. That said I think Waynes will play and probably be on a pitch count,
Reply/Quote
If Awuzie is vaccinated I think all he needs is 2 consecutive negative covid tests to return instead of a set number of quarantine days.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2021, 04:14 PM)treee Wrote: If Awuzie is vaccinated I think all he needs is 2 consecutive negative covid tests to return instead of a set number of quarantine days.

Correct, but getting two is difficult if he actually has COVID you have to hope he has had it for a week and they just caught it as they only test vaccinated players once a week. If he is just starting down the road with it he obviously won't test negative until next week. 
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2021, 02:31 PM)ochocincos Wrote: XSF has been just about as unavailable as Waynes this season, and not much last season either.

Guy has been unable to stay healthy for multiple years, one reason Dallas was willing to let him go was he missed time for them as well. Only started 4 games in in 2019 and suffered a high ankle sprain and a fractured fibula.

As for Reiff, he too has a history of missing games having not played a full season since 2015. 

At some point the lack of OL depth was going to really flare up, and that time is now. Unfortunately it is right in the middle of a playoff race.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
After watching Prince get massacred out there last week on an island I am not optimistic about putting him there again. If XSF can go at this point they might be better with him at RG and Adeniji or Johnson at RT.
Reply/Quote