Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Injuries week 15
(12-14-2022, 07:16 PM)Nepa Wrote: Burrow took a real shot when he ran one time and didn't give himself up. The defender took the opportunity to hit him hard on his throwing arm. I would not be surprised if that was the incident. I winced when I saw that. 

He needs to start sliding and avoiding the big hits, someone will red dot him if he keeps it up. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2022, 06:59 PM)pally Wrote: Full Practice

Joe Burrow-right elbow

Barf.  First his ACL, then his elbow.  Following CPs footsteps.  
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2022, 06:59 PM)pally Wrote: Lengthy report today.  Tomorrow will be more telling

DNP

Hayden Hurst-calf,  Zac said Hayden is likely out again this week
La'el Collins-rest
Trey Hendrickson-wrist
Jalen Davis-Thumb....and his arm is in a sling...that indicates another potential hand surgery and the sling is keeping it elevated to prevent swelling
Mike Hilton-knee
DJ Reader-rest

Limited

Tee Higgins-hamstring
Tyler Boyd-finger
Dax Hill-hamstring
Joe Ossai-shoulder
Trent Taylor-hamstring

Full Practice

Joe Burrow-right elbow

Too many GD hamstring injuries. These come from not properly working the legs both front and back equally, and by not stretching enough in the warm-ups. Zac needs to be on the training staff's butts, who need to be in the players ears...... 
Reply/Quote
Hendrickson
Hilton
Davis

are all missing from practice

Hurst is on the rehab field

Right now, against Tom Brady we are looking at Eli Apple, CTB, and Trey Flowers as our CBs with the liklihood of Allen George and/or Marvell Tell being activated from the practice squad

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2022, 04:40 PM)pally Wrote: Hendrickson
Hilton
Davis

Right now, against Tom Brady we are looking at Eli Apple, CTB, and Trey Flowers as our CBs  with the liklihood of Allen George and/or Marvell Tell being activated from the practice squad

Hope Hilton can go, damn that is thin, I do like Allen George though. Sucks having both our Slot Corners hurt.

Hoping Dax Hill can show something for us, have been disappointed in him when he has played. Hasn't shown up like CTB.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2022, 05:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hope Hilton can go, damn that is thin, I do like Allen George though. Sucks having both our Slot Corners hurt.

Hoping Dax Hill can show something for us, have been disappointed in him when he has played. Hasn't shown up like CTB.

Aside from a ST penalty or two, Hill has been pretty good in very limited snaps, to my eyes, at oeast.. PFF agrees with me. They have him at 68.0. 

Though if Hilton & Davis are no-gos, he could be in the slot with Bates & Bell at S. And nearly all his snaps have been at S.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2022, 06:41 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Aside from a ST penalty or two, Hill has been pretty good in very limited snaps, to my eyes, at oeast.. PFF agrees with me. They have him at 68.0. 

Though if Hilton & Davis are no-gos, he could be in the slot with Bates & Bell at S. And nearly all his snaps have been at S.

Good to know, haven't seen much of Dax to judge, just heard Sunset saying how he wasn't impressed and usually he knows his stuff.

Would like to see some of Dax even if Mike does go which I think he will. He played the entire game after the injury.

I think he just needs rest and will be a game time decision and he will go. Jalen Davis is out if he is in a sling most likely.
Reply/Quote
RE: TB list
I know Julio is not the threat he used to be but I’m not gonna complain if he lets his knee heal up. lol
Reply/Quote
Hilton
Davis

Right now, against Tom Brady we are looking at Eli Apple, CTB, and Trey Flowers as our CBs  with the liklihood of Allen George and/or Marvell Tell being activated from the practice squad

Who is Marvell Tell? Never heard of him.
Reply/Quote
Hilton
Davis

Shouldn't matter to some in this thread as Brady can't even throw the ball far enough to reach his receivers.
Reply/Quote
Sounds like Dax would get the nod at slot CB. Saw a stat on Twitter where he actually had tons more slot snaps in college than any other position.

When Dax looked lost at outside corner after the Awuzie injury….

Hill’s snap counts by alignment at Michigan:
Box: 308
FS: 311
Slot: 906
Boundary: 35 (!!)
Reply/Quote
And from Jay Morrison - if Dax and CTB get the start- Brady’s numbers when two rookies are on the field ….

“Yes, I’m fully aware that 2022 Brady is not 2009 Brady, so save your “But Jay …” replies. We all get it.

Still, in 5 games in which he’s faced two starting rookie CBs, Brady is 116 of 164 (70.7 percent) for 1,570 yards, 12 TDs, 3 INTs, 9.6 YPA and a 117.7 passer rating.”
Reply/Quote
Man the Bucs are beat up.

No Vita Vea, Jamal Dean and no Whirfs would be huge. Looks like they may have to start a practice squad guy at linebacker as well.

The only thing I worry about this game is our pass rush without Hendrickson. If we let Brady sit on the pocket all game with no rush it's going to be a problem.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2022, 09:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Good to know, haven't seen much of Dax to judge, just heard Sunset saying how he wasn't impressed and usually he knows his stuff.

Would like to see some of Dax even if Mike does go which I think he will. He played the entire game after the injury.

I think he just needs rest and will be a game time decision and he will go. Jalen Davis is out if he is in a sling most likely.

He only has 59 or so snaps on defense. The vast majority have been at S, where I think he has been pretty good.  There are a limited number at boundary corner after Chido got hurt that did not go as well. And then some at slot corner.  Extemely small sample size. 59 snaps total in 13 games is 4-5 per game, most of them in obvious passing downs. So we will see. There will almost always be bumps with rookie DBs, which is why Lou doesn't like playing them if he can avoid it. But Hill's versatility, speed, and range are why we drafted him. And he is gonna take over for Bates next year (more than likely), so him getting his feet wet may be a good thing in the longer term. 

If he stinks it up, at oeast we will know he may be more of a straight safety rather than a S/slot CB like he was in college. 
Reply/Quote
Hendrickson and Hilton are out on Sunday. 20/20 hindsight, Hilton may have been better off not playing the entirety of the Cleveland game on that knee. Davis has not been ruled out yet. Both Tee and Tyler are expected to play

For Tampa
Vita Vea, Jamel Dean, Carl Nassib, and Genard Avery are out. Wirfs, Winfield, and Edwards all expected to play

Reply/Quote
Bowles says Vita Vea, Jamel Dean, Carl Nassib and Genard Avery are all out for Sunday. Extremely thin at outside linebacker. Wirfs, Winfield, Edwards all game time decisions.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2022, 12:56 PM)LebanonFan Wrote: Sounds like Dax would get the nod at slot CB.  Saw a stat on Twitter where he actually had tons more slot snaps in college than any other position.

When Dax looked lost at outside corner after the Awuzie injury….

Hill’s snap counts by alignment at Michigan:
Box: 308
FS: 311
Slot: 906
Boundary: 35 (!!)

Good stuff, I thought Dax played a lot of Slot at Michigan...

(12-16-2022, 12:57 PM)LebanonFan Wrote: And from Jay Morrison - if Dax and CTB get the start- Brady’s numbers when two rookies are on the field ….

“Yes, I’m fully aware that 2022 Brady is not 2009 Brady, so save your “But Jay …” replies. We all get it.

Still, in 5 games in which he’s faced two starting rookie CBs, Brady is 116 of 164 (70.7 percent) for 1,570 yards, 12 TDs, 3 INTs, 9.6 YPA and a 117.7 passer rating.”

CTB hasn't been playing like a rookie and Brady hasn't been playing like Brady. If he is missing guys like he was against the 49ers
we will be just fine on Sunday with Dax and CTB starting, pretty damn sure.

(12-16-2022, 02:23 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: He only has 59 or so snaps on defense. The vast majority have been at S, where I think he has been pretty good.  There are a limited number at boundary corner after Chido got hurt that did not go as well. And then some at slot corner.  Extremely small sample size. 59 snaps total in 13 games is 4-5 per game, most of them in obvious passing downs. So we will see. There will almost always be bumps with rookie DBs, which is why Lou doesn't like playing them if he can avoid it. But Hill's versatility, speed, and range are why we drafted him. And he is gonna take over for Bates next year (more than likely), so him getting his feet wet may be a good thing in the longer term. 

If he stinks it up, at least we will know he may be more of a straight safety rather than a S/slot CB like he was in college. 

Nice post. Needed to get Dax more snaps to know what we have in him for sure. Now is the time with Hilton out Sunday.

We will see how he does, will be watching him closely. Love what I have been seeing from CTB this year, so I think we got a 
special one here. Dax in my opinion was a better secondary player than Jessie Bates coming out of college simply because he
is a better tackler. So, I have high hopes for the guy.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2022, 04:05 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Good stuff, I thought Dax played a lot of Slot at Michigan...

CTB hasn't been playing like a rookie and Brady hasn't been playing like Brady. If he is missing guys like he was against the 49ers
we will be just fine on Sunday with Dax and CTB starting, pretty damn sure.

Nice post. Needed to get Dax more snaps to know what we have in him for sure. Now is the time with Hilton out Sunday.

We will see how he does, will be watching him closely. Love what I have been seeing from CTB this year, so I think we got a 
special one here. Dax in my opinion was a better secondary player than Jessie Bates coming out of college simply because he
is a better tackler. So, I have high hopes for the guy.

Me, too. I liked the Hill pick much more than the CTB pick/trade up. CTB is making me a believer, though.  Still wished we'd have picked Woolen at some point. I was ready in Rd2 and he did not go until Rd5. Cannot complain about Volson in Rd4, though. That pick looking better by the week. 

I guess going S, CB, CB the first three rounds might have been too DB heavy. Though we traded up to take Anderson in Rd5. 

EDIT: Also, if Hill can play effectively in 2 spots (FS/slot) that is a huge plus. I seem to recall that CTB had some time at safety, or maybe some draft folk projected him as a safety?
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2022, 06:41 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Aside from a ST penalty or two, Hill has been pretty good in very limited snaps, to my eyes, at oeast.. PFF agrees with me. They have him at 68.0. 

Hill played a lot of slot in college, so it's probably his best spot to play if he's playing CB.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote