Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Injuries week 15
(12-16-2022, 04:27 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Me, too. I liked the Hill pick much more than the CTB pick/trade up. CTB is making me a believer, though.  Still wished we'd have picked Woolen at some point. I was ready in Rd2 and he did not go until Rd5. Cannot complain about Volson in Rd4, though. That pick looking better by the week. 

I guess going S, CB, CB the first three rounds might have been too DB heavy. Though we traded up to take Anderson in Rd5. 

EDIT: Also, if Hill can play effectively in 2 spots (FS/slot) that is a huge plus. I seem to recall that CTB had some time at safety, or maybe some draft folk projected him as a safety?

Looking back I wouldn't of done anything differently in the Draft even though Woolen is playing like a stud too, I still think Carter
was a good pick and he flashes some good stuff here and there and is actually a better run stopper than I thought he would be at
this point. We will see with Tycen in the future if he was a good pick, traded up for him, better be.

Volson was a fantastic pick. Major steal.

Watching CTB, he definitely looks like he could play either Safety spot. The versatility of Dax and CTB is insane. Really helps out 
the entire Defense. Wouldn't surprise me if both could play an outside LB spot too if needed, they are THAT good of tacklers. I 
didn't think CTB would make it to our 2nd pick, so I didn't have him in the picture. The FO must of just seen him dropping and 
wanted him so bad they had to trade up. They saw something special same as me before the Draft.

The only concern I had with CTB was him being overly aggressive and getting beat on double moves and going for interceptions
too often. Other than that, he is a great Secondary player and has about as high of a ceiling as you can get.

(12-16-2022, 04:49 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Hill played a lot of slot in college, so it's probably his best spot to play if he's playing CB.

Agree, should be way more comfortable there than out on the edge. He has the speed to play on the outside though.
Reply/Quote
With VV out maybe we run the ball. Protect Burrow and the WRs. Also with TOP you protect the defense by reducing the number of snaps. I know that Burrow could cut this defense up but if it isn't needed that'd be even better.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I liked last week's report much better.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2022, 05:44 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: With VV out maybe we run the ball. Protect Burrow and the WRs. Also with TOP you protect the defense by reducing the number of snaps. I know that Burrow could cut this defense up but if it isn't needed that'd be even better.

Yeah, in all of the Bucs losses the other team ran the ball extremely well against them. We need to run it down their throat all game 
with Vita Vea out. This should be the gameplan for sure. Taking into account how banged up we are at WR even more so.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2022, 06:18 PM)pally Wrote: I liked last week's report much better.  

That's a lot of key players questionable or out.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2022, 06:50 PM)Nepa Wrote: That's a lot of key players questionable or out.

With both Tee and Tyler full today, I think they play. If you remember, Tee was full last Wednesday then limited on Thursday and Friday. It’s reversed this week, so hopefully trending to feeling better .
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2022, 01:00 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Man the Bucs are beat up.

No Vita Vea, Jamal Dean and no Whirfs would be huge. Looks like they may have to start a practice squad guy at linebacker as well.

The only thing I worry about this game is our pass rush without Hendrickson. If we let Brady sit on the pocket all game with no rush it's going to be a problem.

But the same can be said about Burrow with them with their main sack leader- Vea- being out and then Nassib and Avery, who have 3.5 and 1 sacks, also being out.

They're also missing the corner tied for their interceptions lead in Jimmy Dean.
Reply/Quote
I hope they use TB like Tee last week just a guy on the sideline to bring in if Tee hammy acts up, but not getting any reps. Burrow fires that ball sometimes and we need TB for the playoffs no reason to take a chance if we can beat Tampa Bay without him.

By the next game the stiches should be out, and the cut healed.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2022, 02:31 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: I hope they use TB like Tee last week just a guy on the sideline to bring in if Tee hammy acts up, but not getting any reps. Burrow fires that ball sometimes and we need TB for the playoffs no reason to take a chance if we can beat Tampa Bay without him.

By the next game the stiches should be out, and the cut healed.

There were probably no stitches used at all. The skin tear was likely glued closed.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
At this point I just want to make the playoffs and get everyone healthy. Seeding is not important right now.
Reply/Quote
I don't love Brady going against our banged up secondary without Trey in the lineup to get pressure. Someone will have to step up to fill that role. Best case scenario is Reader and Hill pushing the interior into Brady's lap, which is absolutely doable.

I think the injury to watch for the Bucs (with Vea already ruled out) is Whirfs. Smith sucks, and if Whirfs can't go that's a legit bad o-line. Tampa can't run the ball for shit, but they have to try in order to keep their 45 year old qb from taking shots. This plays to our strength, obviously. If Lou can find a way to get any pressure at all on the Goat, then I think this game heavily favors the Bengals.

If either Tee or Tyler can be full go, I feel really good. Doesn't need to be both. Tampa's secondary is banged up badly and as much as we hate to see our depleted group run out there vs Brady, I think they are in a worse position. They are dealing with a newly potent two-headed run monster plus an elite qb playing the best ball of his young career. Oh, and also the best receiver in the game who just proved that he can be every bit as elite without his running mates to draw attention from opposing defenses.

Bengals win with long drives and a couple deep shots when the Bucs secondary tries to load up and stop the run. If Jodean and Samaje get going, it will get ugly for them quickly.

Bengals 34, Bucs 23.
Reply/Quote
Too many times, I've thought "they're so banged up, the Bengals will annihilate them," only to have it turn out the other way. Yes, Brady is finally showing signs of aging, but I'm nervous about this game.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2022, 06:18 PM)pally Wrote: I liked last week's report much better.  

Have to keep an eye out for players elevated from the PS this week. All those WRs being out would single at least a guy moved up for depth if those guys are not dressed Sunday. Kwamie Lassiter might have to be moved up to return punts anyway.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2022, 03:22 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:  

Time to step up and show that you belong, son. I believe.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote