Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Injuries week 18
(01-07-2022, 08:37 PM)Big Boss Wrote: I can't even begin to describe to you all the level of anxiety I am about to experience the next eight days concerning Burrow's health.  It's not good.

Relax man. We've lost before. So much so you should be addicted to losing. But I get it. It feels different. Like hope is on the horizon. I remember when JB went down with the knee injury last year. My heart sank (but my heart also felt the way our line was, it was a possibility too). But still, when it happened, I was depressed for a few weeks. When we won our first game against Zim and then lost to the Bears and AD? I was deflated into thinking, "Here we go again." 

Then we beat the Steelers. I was on fire on that one. I hate those asshats. Then we beat the Jags ( a little too close to my liking), and then went OT with the Pack. Now I'm thinking. Dude, we got something strong going on and that pack loss sucked, but it gave me a good direction of where this team is going. Then we crushed the Lions and had to face division foe Baltimore. Dude, we manhandled those meth heads.

Then come the Jets. OMG, I was broken after that loss. Seriously, the friggen Jets? We ain't done shit and we just been lucky. We were not as good as I thought we were (almost Dennis Green, but reversed). Then we played the Browns who gave us an ass whipping in our own house. I'm thinking, "WTF did I just see?" Not the damn Browns? Dang. So, at this point, my hope is dwindling (although the media hyped the Browns, I'm so used to us owning them).

Then we went to "Da Raaaiiiida's and beat them handily (used handily cause Phildo's loves handi's). Then we killed the Steelers again. OMG, we are finally getting our shit together. Also, we swept the Steelers. "I LOVE IT!" Next we had Chargers and 49'ers. This is going to show us how freaken good we are. I'm STOKED! Well, as you know, we lose to the damn Chargers and also to the 49'ers in OT. So, inside, my fandom is raging, "We're gonna win out, we're gonna win out!" No, not really, reality struck and I'm all screwed up again with those losses. So now I'm thinking, Man, I really got to do something with my dang life.

Then we went to Denver. Mile high. We didn't kick their asses, but we won. Then back home to play the Ravens. We score 41pts and win again like the first meeting and I'm yelling, "Second verse, same as the first" (Herman's Hermits "Henry the VIII, I am song. Yeah, I was pretty drunk that night). Then, here comes the Chiefs. 

Didn't the first part of the week feel weird to you? Seemed like Vegas gave the Chiefs a 7pt favor. Then midweek, reduced it to 5.5 I think. Then some people were coming out in the media predicting a win for the Bengals. Now, let me pause for a moment. My personal feelings were that we could win this game if "THE" Bengals showed up. But I was reserved because we hadn't won more than 2 games straight all year and we had our 2. Also, THIS WAS THE CHIEFS! I was skeptical AF but in my heart knew we could beat them. Then we went down 14. I kept telling the crowd in the mancave this ain't over (but I did fear the game running away from us). Then we scored, then they scored and we were down 14 again. That didn't shake me as much because being a fan, until your down 25pts with 4 minutes left, there's a chance.

Then the magic happened. That beautiful magic we all know is there sometimes. It was so beautiful to watch us win that game. It showed our resolve and strength.

I'm not that concerned about tomorrow but I hope for the best. Yet, I'll tell you this. In a week (maybe two with a football blessing) this team is going to get rolling and take us to the promised land. As I said before, they entered playoff mode before the Chiefs game. If the talent, execution and same heart is there we saw in that game? Yeah, we hittin this dude!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote