Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Injuries week 3
Whoever said the only goal is the Super Bowl is correct. All the other ghosts are gone. If they don’t have a shot at the Super Bowl then it’s time to shit the bed on the way to a top ten (or 5) pick. A decent season means nothing to me.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 05:27 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Looks to me like just about every player walking out there is walking with a limp. They are all sore as crap.

I'm sure they are sore, but the context is different with Joe. He has an injured calf and isn't just sore. That's why he had a DNP today. We don't know how the rest of the week will go just yet, but the reasoning behind Joe's limp isn't the same as the other guys. 
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 07:17 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Whoever said the only goal is the Super Bowl is correct. All the other ghosts are gone. If they don’t have a shot at the Super Bowl then it’s time to shit the bed on the way to a top ten (or 5) pick. A decent season means nothing to me.

Wouldn't our players, including Joe Burrow, possibly not like the idea that our franchise expects everyone to give up and attempt to outstink some truly pathetic 2023 teams?  I get that a top 5 pick is nice, lord knows this franchise has had a buttload of top 5 picks in the Mike Brown era, but retreating back into losing mode makes me uneasy as well.

This year could be another 2008 in the works, I guess.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 07:30 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Wouldn't our players, including Joe Burrow, possibly not like the idea that our franchise expects everyone to give up and attempt to outstink some truly pathetic 2023 teams?  I get that a top 5 pick is nice, lord knows this franchise has had a buttload of top 5 picks in the Mike Brown era, but retreating back into losing mode makes me uneasy as well.

This year could be another 2008 in the works, I guess.

Sit Burrow and most of the rest will take care of itself. That’s if Burrow is not going to be able to bounce back well enough to get them to the Super Bowl.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 07:38 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Sit Burrow and most of the rest will take care of itself. That’s if Burrow is not going to be able to bounce back well enough to get them to the Super Bowl.

I guess.  As a resident ZT and front office skeptic I guess I should be giddy with the prospect of him validating my view of him by going from SB to toilet bowl overnight, eh?

"We've changed the culture!"

*Burrow gets hurt*

"Back to the 90s!"
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 07:38 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Sit Burrow and most of the rest will take care of itself. That’s if Burrow is not going to be able to bounce back well enough to get them to the Super Bowl.

If we sit Burrow then there is only one QB on the squad with the Patriots snatching Will Grier. 
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 07:51 PM)Nepa Wrote: If we sit Burrow then there is only one QB on the squad with the Patriots snatching Will Grier. 

Where’s the dude from Denver? He go anywhere?

They probably maybe should find another one anyway considering the starter has an injury.

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 07:43 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I guess.  As a resident ZT and front office skeptic I guess I should be giddy with the prospect of him validating my view of him by going from SB to toilet bowl overnight, eh?

*Burrow gets hurt*

"Back to the 90s!"

It would prove Burrow's win above replacement to be something like 10. lol.

I guess the news of Bengals trying to find Brandon Allen were real, they either knew Grier was walking and/or Burrow isn't playing.
Reply/Quote
Bring back Drew Plitt
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 06:45 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: The video above shows a defeated Burrow. If you look at his face he is not confident. As he walks past the camera he immediately looks down. That and he wears the helmet walking past the camera to hide.

If you watch his press conference before the week 1 game he did not look confident either.
I was hopeful it didn't mean anything but it's obvious he's not healthy.

I hope he doesn't get injured worse than he is.
I would like to see better leadership and more thorough planning from Zac and those in charge.
If my star was looking like he looked leading up to week one I'd shelve him and pick up a backup to ride with for awhile.
They should have traded for or signed someone that has the ability to win games when he got hurt.
Every step of the way they are digging a deeper hole.
Poor planning and maneagement.

Okay guy. Thanks for your expert body language study on a person you've never met in your life. That PhD in body language studies really coming to use.

You had no posts I could find saying we shouldn't play Burrow or he's more hurt than all sources, including Burrow and coaches, were indicating based on the body language you saw. You didn't say anything about his injury until after he re-injured his calf which was talked about a possibility from the day he hurt it.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 07:43 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I guess.  As a resident ZT and front office skeptic I guess I should be giddy with the prospect of him validating my view of him by going from SB to toilet bowl overnight, eh?

*Burrow gets hurt*

"Back to the 90s!"

There was a whole lot wrong in the 90's other than the win/loss record.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 06:27 PM)pally Wrote:

Alright on Ossai. We need that extra pass rusher. Rock On
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2023, 02:34 PM)pally Wrote:

Dude's limp is so bad he just walked off the sidewalk into the grass! Ninja

I'm just playin'; I still love ya, Goose. ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2023, 02:39 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Dude's limp is so bad he just walked off the sidewalk into the grass! Ninja

Naw, he said "I'm gonna let them see me go up this hill with no problem"
Reply/Quote
I am guessing a lot of you either didn't play sports or were fortunate enough to never have a knee, hammy, calf injury. Sleeves like that will alter your gait. He might have a limp, but it would be tough to get a for sure answer with him wearing that.
Reply/Quote
Joe was throwing during individual drills.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
The more the week goes by, the more it looks like Browning but Bengals won't show their cards till late, what is the rule if they decide IR for Joe, can they do it Monday of game ?
Reply/Quote
I think he’s going to play and hopefully make it through he game. Although it would be interesting to watch them have to direct snap it to Mixon or Boyd on every play.
It is good to see Ossai going full at practice. Last weeks game showed that they need all the pass rush help they can get.

If I am seeing this correctly, then this is my 3,000th post on here.
Is this like 3k hits in the MLB where I’m an automatic HOFer (as long as I didn’t bet on baseball)?
Reply/Quote
make it look like burrow ready and then put browning in at end it will fool everyone until he starts to throw I guess
Reply/Quote