Elijah Molden CB Hamstring
Peter Skoronski G Abdomen
Teair Tart DT Knee

LP
Treylon Burks WR Knee
Harold Landry LB Hamstring

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Irv Smith again with the injuries. But last week Hudson looked okay after his Sample impression when he tripped and fell down. Hopefully Hudson will build on this opportunity.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2023, 06:09 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Irv Smith again with the injuries.  But last week Hudson looked okay after his Sample impression when he tripped and fell down.  Hopefully Hudson will build on this opportunity.

All 3 TEs had catches on Monday.  I can't remember the last time that happened

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2023, 06:17 PM)pally Wrote: All 3 TEs had catches on Monday.  I can't remember the last time that happened

Looks like last year sort of in week 2.   Sample had one catch for -4 yards.   Wilcox had 1 catch for 3 yards.  Then Hurst 5 for 24 yards.   I say sort of because I don't know if we should count Sample's -4 yard catch.  :)

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Read on another forum about Jones. Any truth on Charlie Jones broke a thumb?
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2023, 07:16 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: Read on another forum about Jones. Any truth on Charlie Jones broke a thumb?

That supposedly is from a fan whi talked to his dad. Hopefully hairline, but that is not gonna go away without rest/time off. 

If it was a severe break, he'd be on IR. So I have to believe he has some chance to play through it. Assuming there is a break.
Reply/Quote
I looked but outside of this forum nothing about his thumb being broken so far.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2023, 12:57 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: That supposedly is from a fan whi talked to his dad. Hopefully hairline, but that is not gonna go away without rest/time off. 

If it was a severe break, he'd be on IR. So I have to believe he has some chance to play through it. Assuming there is a break.

The most common thumb fracture for football players is a Bennett's Fracture which occurs at the base of the thumb.  It happens when the thumb gets bent backwards like when a punted ball hits the hand wrong.  It almost always requires surgery to pin and stabilize.  If this is his injury he will be out at least 8 weeks.  6 weeks for the fracture to heal and then at least several weeks for hand rehab.  

Reply/Quote
I had a question in another thread where I asked:

"If Burrow continues to play on his calf less than 100%, will it continue to heal and eventualy get to 100% even if he plays on it?"

He effectively answered that question yesterday in his press conference. He said each week he doesnt have a setback, it will get stronger and eventually get to 100% even if he plays on it.

I was always team sit him until it heals, but given that information its super encouraging that if he continues to play, it will continue to heal. Always a chance at a set back, though.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2023, 12:57 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: That supposedly is from a fan whi talked to his dad. Hopefully hairline, but that is not gonna go away without rest/time off. 

Isn't he already playing through a major injury, a labrum tear that normally requires surgery? Need him on the field. 
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2023, 01:47 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I had a question in another thread where I asked:

"If Burrow continues to play on his calf less than 100%, will it continue to heal and eventualy get to 100% even if he plays on it?"

He effectively answered that question yesterday in his press conference. He said each week he doesnt have a setback, it will get stronger and eventually get to 100% even if he plays on it.

I was always team sit him until it heals, but given that information its super encouraging that if he continues to play, it will continue to heal. Always a chance at a set back, though.

A number of days ago while browsing the Internet I read a Doctor's opinion about Burrow. (can't find it now)

It was that the Doctor didn't think that full rest would make the injury heal any faster than playing

as long as playing didn't cause a trauma that noticeably reaggravated it.

(sort of a you know you went too far when you feel it type of thing)

*I remember playing softball on a bad hamstring and six weeks almost to the day it was healed

even though I hobbled around and played a lot of games those 6 weeks.

*I know that NFL Football must be way more physical than softball but I kept playing (like Chester on Gun Smoke)

with a limp and it did heal.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2023, 01:56 PM)Nepa Wrote: Isn't he already playing through a major injury, a labrum tear that normally requires surgery? Need him on the field. 

I thought only women could get labrum tears. Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Charlie Jones and Irv Smth are both missing from practice again today.

It was reported that Charlie's right thumb is in a splint

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2023, 02:29 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I thought only women could get labrum tears. Ninja

Huh?

The labrum helps keep your shoulder joint in place. When the labrum tears, you may feel shoulder pain or experience shoulder instability (the feeling that your shoulder is slipping out of place). Labral tears are usually caused by overuse or injury and commonly accompany other injuries to the shoulder.

pennmedicine.org
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2023, 02:00 PM)depthchart Wrote: A number of days ago while browsing the Internet I read a Doctor's opinion about Burrow. (can't find it now)

It was that the Doctor didn't think that full rest would make the injury heal any faster than playing

as long as playing didn't cause a trauma that noticeably reaggravated it.

(sort of a you know you went too far when you feel it type of thing)

*I remember playing softball on a bad hamstring and six weeks almost to the day it was healed

even though I hobbled around and played a lot of games those 6 weeks.

*I know that NFL Football must be way more physical than softball but I kept playing (like Chester on Gun Smoke)

with a limp and it did heal.

Yeah, it seems like soft tissue stuff is just different than bones healing or ligaments, or other types of injuries. 

Human body is pretty wild. I really think if we can get to the bye without him tweaking it again or having a set back we should be good to go the rest of the season. Fingers crossed. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2023, 03:48 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Yeah, it seems like soft tissue stuff is just different than bones healing or ligaments, or other types of injuries. 

Human body is pretty wild. I really think if we can get to the bye without him tweaking it again or having a set back we should be good to go the rest of the season. Fingers crossed. 

Ligaments are soft tissue.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2023, 07:16 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: Read on another forum about Jones. Any truth on Charlie Jones broke a thumb?

A fan spoke to a family member and reported by a 3rd/4th source......sounds legit.
Reply/Quote
I hate seeing anyone join the injury list midweek

the Titans do not seem to be getting healthier

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2023, 03:09 PM)Nepa Wrote: Huh?

The labrum helps keep your shoulder joint in place. When the labrum tears, you may feel shoulder pain or experience shoulder instability (the feeling that your shoulder is slipping out of place). Labral tears are usually caused by overuse or injury and commonly accompany other injuries to the shoulder.

pennmedicine.org

I'm going to see your huh? and raise you a c'mon man.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2023, 06:45 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote:  Then Hurst 5 for 24 yards.   

Only 1 catch for 3 targets this week though. Weird, I would've figured he'd have better chemistry with fellow redhead Andy Dalton. I suppose they'll get there eventually. Incidentally, Dalton put up ~350 yards, 2 TDs and no INTs. Still lost but you love to see that he still has it. 

Reply/Quote