Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Injuries week 5
(10-02-2023, 06:56 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Zac continues to show what an absolute moron he is. Joe could very easily get a much more serious injury with his inability to escape and defenses bringing the house.

When you call someone a moron you should be able to back it up. How do you know it's Zac call to continue to start JB? 

He's the head coach; he cooks with the groceries provided. Does Mike Brown strike you as the type that would spend $275 Mil to watch a player sit?

We've seen it before: 

AJ Green was a shell of himself due to injury yet he was trotted out there

Carson Palmer's elbow was hanging on by a thread, yet they trotted him out there

I get we like to call folks names when we lose...
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
None of your opinions really matter. After the Powerball drawing I will buy Joe out of his contract and put me in as QB. I am already eating Quinoa and doing jumping jacks to get ready for the Cardinals game. Put me in coach!
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 08:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: When you call someone a moron you should be able to back it up. How do you know it's Zac call to continue to start JB? 

He's the head coach; he cooks with the groceries provided. Does Mike Brown strike you as the type that would spend $275 Mil to watch a player sit?

We've seen it before: 

Carson Palmer's elbow was hanging on by a thread, yet they trotted him out there

If Zac was able to get Mike Brown to fundamentally change the way the team operates (big money FA’s, RoH, etc) I’m pretty sure he could convince him who should play and not play.

This seems like a reach to absolve a bad HC decision.

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 08:19 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If Zac was able to get Mike Brown to fundamentally change the way the team operates (big money FA’s, RoH, etc) I’m pretty sure he could convince him who should play and not play.

This seems like a reach to absolve a bad HC decision.
Perhaps you're right, perhaps you're not. I'm not as "sure" as most around here, So consider a "reach" if you want. Zac probably has more say in the organization than the owner.

Do we remember the Cart ride with JB and Mikey? Most of the "sure" folks asserted JB got out of that cart unhappy because MB told JB he was gonna sit him when JB really wanted to play.  Such a warrior that JB.

Is it at all possible that MB told him: I just spent $275 Mil on you, I want something for my money?

It's hilarious that when one gives an alternate option to Zac "being a moron"' they're "absolving him". 

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 08:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Perhaps you're right, perhaps you're not. I'm not as "sure" as most around here, So consider a "reach" if you want. Zac probably has more say in the organization than the owner.

Do we remember the Cart ride with JB and Mikey? Most of the "sure" folks asserted JB got out of that cart unhappy because MB told JB he was gonna sit him when JB really wanted to play.  Such a warrior that JB.

Is it at all possible that MB told him: I just spent $275 Mil on you, I want something for my money?

It's hilarious that when one gives an alternate option to Zac "being a moron"' they're "absolving him". 

Ofc it’s possible. But if we’re going to give Zac all the credit for “changing the culture” and getting Mike Brown to finally open up the checkbook when it comes to signing outside FA’s and giving out big guarantees, etc then he’s also going to be held accountable wrt personnel decisions. Because he obviously has a level of control within the organization we’ve never seen before under any other HC. Again, if Zac is seeing Burrow literally not be able to accurately throw over 15 yards in practice it really shouldn’t be that tough to convince old Ebenzer Scrooge that 9 isn’t good enough to go right now.

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 06:00 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: It reminds me of the Monty Python Black knight sketch where the knight refuses to give up even though everyone knows he should.

LOLOL. From an old fart who loved the MP series - thanks for the laughs. Haven’t seen those in decades. Hysterical back in the day.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 06:56 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Zac continues to show what an absolute moron he is. Joe could very easily get a much more serious injury with his inability to escape and defenses bringing the house.

Both are starting to look like morons, Burrow could actually be honest with his own self assessment and sit  and ZT should bench him but wont.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 08:56 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Both are starting to look like morons, Burrow could actually be honest with his own self assessment and sit  and ZT should bench him but wont.

Oh please. Then you’d just dog him for not toughing it out like your boy Herbert does when he plays injured.

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 08:56 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Both are starting to look like morons, Burrow could actually be honest with his own self assessment and sit  and ZT should bench him but wont.

At the end of the 1st game of the season, Zac pulled JB. Since then he hasn't missed a snap. 2 Reasons:

Zac thought it was a mistake to pull JB

Zac was overruled.

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 04:12 PM)pally Wrote: per Zac...Joe will start on Sunday

Zac Taylor:

[Image: 378400948_10227777759183393_110520427059...e=651FF944]

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 08:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: When you call someone a moron you should be able to back it up. How do you know it's Zac call to continue to start JB? 

We've seen it before: 

Jesus fine. If Mike Brown is not forcing him, Zac is a moron etc etc.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote

We've seen it before: 

Palmer tried to play one game after he injured his elbow in 2008 before missing the rest of the season.

AJ Green didn’t play at all during 2019 after injuring his ankle during the preseason.

Your two examples disprove your point.
Reply/Quote
1. The season is inarguably over.

2. The Stains or Rat Turds are winning the division.
They are significantly better than us and far-better coached.
Just the facts.

3. We spent 275M on a QB, thus significantly investing in this team’s future and pretty much putting a large amount of eggs in one basket.

Given all of the above — we need to suck it off and accept sitting Joe, potentially the rest of the season, makes the most sense.

Hard pill to swallow as a fan but just accept that we will go 1-16 or maybe win a few games - who knows, who cares, as it’s irrelevant - we will not make the playoffs.

This season is over. We need to rebuild for next year and coaches need to get canned b/c JB is not even close to the only problem.

We are flat out AWFUL in so many areas.

Use the remainder of the season as our 2024 pre-Pre-Season to assess who starts next season and learn to scheme and play-call like a legit NFL team. Since we all know Zac isn’t getting canned, force that inept imbecile to watch tape of Harbaugh and Reid to study / learn what a real coach looks like and I’m dead serious. He is LOST.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 07:58 AM)Whacked Wrote: 1. The season is inarguably over.

This season is over. 

False. It's not looking good, sure, but the season is not over and certainly isn't "inarguably" over.

God, so many of you make me ashamed to be a Bengal fan sometimes. Take your weak ass loser mentality out of here. If you think the season is over, then LEAVE. 

And yes, it's fine to criticize the team. There's plenty of criticisms to choose from. Help yourself. But, stop with the season over bullshit. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 08:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Ofc it’s possible. But if we’re going to give Zac all the credit for “changing the culture” and getting Mike Brown to finally open up the checkbook when it comes to signing outside FA’s and giving out big guarantees, etc then he’s also going to be held accountable wrt personnel decisions. Because he obviously has a level of control within the organization we’ve never seen before under any other HC. Again, if Zac is seeing Burrow literally not be able to accurately throw over 15 yards in practice it really shouldn’t be that tough to convince old Ebenzer Scrooge that 9 isn’t good enough to go right now.

I'm repping both sides of this argument and I can see it going either way.

I'll propose that it's a three-way issue where MB wants Burrow out there because he's a cheapo who just spent a buttload of money on him, plus MB seems to just have that zeal for ignoring issues and not changing things including who is playing QB.

ZT needs Burrow magic to win games, so he wants Burrow out there magically getting more magical and saving his W/L record again.

Burrow wants to play because he's a young cocky this and that who thinks he's invincible.  

If MB is the one leading the charge on this, the other guys are at least complacent for their own self serving reasons.  With that being said, if ZT and Burrow decided it was best to start Browning what could Mike Brown do?  The idea of an owner insisting his QB who can't throw the ball more than 10 yards needs to be on the field would really reignite those "Should Burrow demand a trade?" assertions the media would just love to trot back out there.

I've never had a high opinion on Mike Brown, but him retaliating against ZT and Burrow for making a logical football move would be low, even for him.  It'd be interesting though, I'll admit.  Would the players union get involved if an owner is legimately forcing a player to play hurt when most other teams would have him on IR?

I can already hear the media dusting off the Greg Cook and Carson Palmer narratives and rubber banding them together to talk about how Burrow is the can't miss kid the Bengals ruined with the double whammy of bad ownership and injury mismanagement. 
Reply/Quote
Charlie Jones had surgery on his broken thumb a couple of days ago and is hopeful he'll be ready to go by week 9

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Did I miss Joey B. on the Wednesday injury report? Did he worsen the calf injury last week?

I guess I am confused on why after 3 games the Bengals should put him on the shelf and play to lose.

The team wins next 2 games they are at most 2 games back in the AFC North and in the wild card conversations.

I don't want any player to get injured for any reason, but this is the NFL where guys get season ending injuries each week. It is the nature of the beast. I believe it was Karras who said the OL needs to play mistake free football and he is correct. It is their job to protect the franchise and his job to throw the ball away when big hits are coming.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2023, 06:40 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Did I miss Joey B. on the Wednesday injury report? Did he worsen the calf injury last week?

I guess I am confused on why after 3 games the Bengals should put him on the shelf and play to lose.

The team wins next 2 games they are at most 2 games back in the AFC North and in the wild card conversations.

I don't want any player to get injured for any reason, but this is the NFL where guys get season ending injuries each week. It is the nature of the beast. I believe it was Karras who said the OL needs to play mistake free football and he is correct. It is their job to protect the franchise and his job to throw the ball away when big hits are coming.

Joe was a full participant and practice and is apparently healthy enough that he did not appear on the injury report

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 07:58 AM)Whacked Wrote: 1. The season is inarguably over.

2. The Stains or Rat Turds are winning the division.
They are significantly better than us and far-better coached.
Just the facts.

3. We spent 275M on a QB, thus significantly investing in this team’s future and pretty much putting a large amount of eggs in one basket.

Given all of the above — we need to suck it off and accept sitting Joe, potentially the rest of the season, makes the most sense.

Hard pill to swallow as a fan but just accept that we will go 1-16 or maybe win a few games - who knows, who cares, as it’s irrelevant - we will not make the playoffs.

This season is over. We need to rebuild for next year and coaches need to get canned b/c JB is not even close to the only problem.

We are flat out AWFUL in so many areas.

Use the remainder of the season as our 2024 pre-Pre-Season to assess who starts next season and learn to scheme and play-call like a legit NFL team. Since we all know Zac isn’t getting canned, force that inept imbecile to watch tape of Harbaugh and Reid to study / learn what a real coach looks like and I’m dead serious. He is LOST.

Do what now? 

On a more serious note, the season isn't over with 14 teams making the playoffs. Teams can make the playoffs without winning the division or having all that great of a record. Would I sit JB if he continues to look like a shell of his former self? Yeah. Should this roster be able to win with a backup QB and a change of philosophy? They should be able to. Why are they near the bottom of the league in run defense all of a sudden? Why can't they operate with a mentality of either running the ball or losing? Why can't the defense transition from "bend don't break" to "no easy yards"? Why not let Browning try to use his legs and play balls to the wall? I don't really get why they should lay down for the year with so many good players on the roster. They can put Joe on IR designated to return while going for broke in other ways. What do they have to lose?
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2023, 05:52 PM)pally Wrote: Charlie Jones had surgery on his broken thumb a couple of days ago and is hopeful he'll be ready to go by week 9

When did the team confirm he had a broken thumb?
Reply/Quote