Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Injuries week 5
(10-05-2023, 12:11 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: When did the team confirm he had a broken thumb?

Charlie did

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2023, 12:11 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: When did the team confirm he had a broken thumb?

After the X-Ray..
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2023, 10:39 AM)pally Wrote:   .

I don’t see a primary source from the team or from Charlie Jones. When I’ve traced these reports back to their primary source it’s a “thumb injury” that doesn’t specify what the actual injury is.

Reminds of reporters confusing shoulder separations for dislocations and vice versa all the time.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2023, 12:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: After the X-Ray..

Okay. When did the team specify the injury other than “thumb injury” to the public to confirm it is broken bone? And not a gamekeeper’s thumb and the surgery is to repair a torn ligament and restore joint stability and grip strength to hold onto a football?
Reply/Quote
If Burrow is 100%, he got really awful, really fast.
Reply/Quote
I can't believe he is 100%. Not close. Besides if this team relies on JB being THE offense I think it's a huge mistake. Here we are with the entire team struggling because JB, the guy isn't 100% or close to it. Other teams with star players have players that compliment the star. Bengals don't do that or can't for some reason.  We have basically 1 running back. Williams or Brown haven't seen the field much. Our TE are not much part of the O. As has been said so many times our O is much too predictable  and too easy to prepare for. Years 1 and 2 we got away with it cause JB, Chase and Higgins were new. Now, the entire NFL has adjusted to us and our coaches, players don't seem to have an answer.

JB hasn't forgot how to play QB because of an injury. You don't forget how to ride a bike or swim because of an injury.
Hope Monday morning everyone isn't talking about how flat they look.
Reply/Quote
DNP
Akeem Davis-Gaither-knee
Tee Higgins-ribs

LP
CTB-concussion
Chidobe Awuzie-back

FP
Orlando Brown-groin
Irv Smith-hamstring

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2023, 02:57 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: I can't believe he is 100%. Not close. Besides if this team relies on JB being THE offense I think it's a huge mistake. Here we are with the entire team struggling because JB, the guy isn't 100% or close to it. Other teams with star players have players that compliment the star. Bengals don't do that or can't for some reason.  We have basically 1 running back. Williams or Brown haven't seen the field much. Our TE are not much part of the O. As has been said so many times our O is much too predictable  and too easy to prepare for. Years 1 and 2 we got away with it cause JB, Chase and Higgins were new. Now, the entire NFL has adjusted to us and our coaches, players don't seem to have an answer.

JB hasn't forgot how to play QB because of an injury. You don't forget how to ride a bike or swim because of an injury.
Hope Monday morning everyone isn't talking about how flat they look.

Nice post RegularGuy22. No way Burrow is 100%, calf strains affect accuracy and this has clearly been his problem so far this year
besides the lack of mobility. Need to adapt the Offense into more Jumbo packages and different run sets and add a new dimension to
the Offense.

If we can do this while Burrow gets up to 100% while having some success the season isn't over, if not, we are getting close to playing
for a top pick in the draft which is maddening after our expectations being so high going into this season. I thought at the very least we 
would sneak into the playoffs and be a tough out. 
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2023, 05:35 PM)pally Wrote: DNP
Akeem Davis-Gaither-knee
Tee Higgins-ribs

LP
CTB-concussion
Chidobe Awuzie-back

FP
Orlando Brown-groin
Irv Smith-hamstring

Since Burrow isn't on the injury report at all, I fully expect to see the full use of the playbook on Sunday. No more limited, shotgun only plays. 

Don't get me wrong, I won't be surprised if Joe comes out and is a statue again, missing passes, and the playbook is limited. I'm just saying if they're saying Joe is full go, no limitations, then I expect to see that on Sunday as well.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2023, 09:39 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Since Burrow isn't on the injury report at all, I fully expect to see the full use of the playbook on Sunday. No more limited, shotgun only plays. 

Don't get me wrong, I won't be surprised if Joe comes out and is a statue again, missing passes, and the playbook is limited. I'm just saying if they're saying Joe is full go, no limitations, then I expect to see that on Sunday as well.

That's a good point, and seeing how the season is on life support if we lose on sunday I expect a full playbook, because after 4 games of cutting things short they need to treat this game like it's the super bowl.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Chido is out of Friday's practice

Tee Higgins is present and dressed to go
CTB is back after yesterday's full practice like he should clear concussion protocol for Sunday which will be important if Chido can't go

Reply/Quote
What type of crazy man is Tee
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2023, 12:59 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: What type of crazy man is Tee

Im sure its hard to sit out games when you see your QB forcing himself in there injured every week. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2023, 12:59 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: What type of crazy man is Tee

I would not expect to see him play a crazy amount of snaps if he does play

Reply/Quote
per Zac

he feels good about CTB

Game Day decision on Chido and Tee

ADG out

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 04:11 PM)Sled21 Wrote: It's not reality. They will re-sign him, bank on it.

Theres only so much money in the Bank lol....  Hard to pay 2 #1s

But i hope your right. especially if he finds his hands again
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2023, 01:23 PM)pally Wrote: per Zac

he feels good about CTB

Game Day decision on Chido and Tee

ADG out

Trending in a good way, thanks Pally. Rock On
Reply/Quote
another starter added to the injury report today. Time for Myles Murphy to earn that #1 status

Reply/Quote
Hope Trey is alright, damn, we need him. Maybe that is why he didn't feast last week against the Titans LT that looked like an
obvious mismatch in Trey's favor. A bad back would do it. Agreed that Myles Murphy and Joseph Ossai need to really step up if
Trey cannot go.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2023, 01:30 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I don’t see a primary source from the team or from Charlie Jones. When I’ve traced these reports back to their primary source it’s a “thumb injury” that doesn’t specify what the actual injury is.

Reminds of reporters confusing shoulder separations for dislocations and vice versa all the time.

What do you think they meant by thumb injury, a hangnail?
Reply/Quote