Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Injuries week 8
no Orland Brown at practice today. He aggravated a groin injury against the Seahawks

Akeem Davis-Gaither remains out with a knee injury that should have put him on IR a month ago

Charlies Jones on rehab field

Tee and Chido both practicing

No official injury report until Wednesday

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2023, 02:14 PM)pally Wrote: no Orland Brown at practice today.  He aggravated a groin injury against the Seahawks

Akeem Davis-Gaither remains out with a knee injury that should have put him on IR a month ago

Please let's not see Cody Ford at LT again....
If not Brown, play Carman.
Even though Carman isn't at the same level as Brown, he's light years better than Ford at LT.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2023, 02:32 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Please let's not see Cody Ford at LT again....
Even though Carman isn't at the same level as Brown, he's light years better than Ford at LT.

I'd think if he had to START the game, Carman would be in.

My guess is because he would come in cold, so that's why they didn't put him in (a stupid reason, I know, just hypothesising).
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2023, 03:34 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I'd think if he had to START the game, Carman would be in.

My guess is because he would come in cold, so that's why they didn't put him in (a stupid reason, I know, just hypothesising).

Maybe.

When I look at ST snaps, I see...
Ford - 22
Jonah - 22
Volson - 22
Scharping - 22
Brown - 21
Karras - 16
Carman - 1

They might have felt Ford was the one more ready to come off the bench due to ST reps.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2023, 02:14 PM)pally Wrote: no Orland Brown at practice today.  He aggravated a groin injury against the Seahawks

Can you retroactively do IR if they haven't played?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2023, 03:47 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Can you retroactively do IR if they haven't played?

I don't see how it would matter. He's already missed the weeks; we'd gain nothing by doing it. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2023, 04:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I don't see how it would matter. He's already missed the weeks; we'd gain nothing by doing it. 

Oh duh.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2023, 02:32 PM)ochocincos Wrote:
Please let's not see Cody Ford at LT again....

Why, because he played so bad when he came in against Seattle??? He's gonna have to do better than zero pressures allowed. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2023, 08:24 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Why, because he played so bad when he came in against Seattle??? He's gonna have to do better than zero pressures allowed. Ninja

He didn't look good out there from what I remember seeing, but apparently he didn't allow a pressure.
Still, he's never been a good pass blocker in the past, so I don't have much confidence he's all of a sudden become a good one now that he's playing LT on the Bengals.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Deebo definetly out against us - not sure how big of a loss that really is.

Trent Williams was out today, wonder if he will be back or not.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2023, 09:51 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Deebo definetly out against us - not sure how big of a loss that really is.

Not having Deebo to throw short to and let him work his YAC magic was definitely a hindrance to their offense. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2023, 09:51 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Deebo definetly out against us - not sure how big of a loss that really is.

the 49ers are 8-8 in games Deebo hasn't played.  And of course 0-2 this season with Purdy having 2 of the worst games of his short career

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2023, 09:28 AM)ochocincos Wrote: He didn't look good out there from what I remember seeing, but apparently he didn't allow a pressure.
Still, he's never been a good pass blocker in the past, so I don't have much confidence he's all of a sudden become a good one now that he's playing LT on the Bengals.

I focused on him from the time he went in. Nobody got past him. It is what it is, he played a good game in the limited amount of snaps he played. Sometimes I think players are knocked simply due to their reputation. Personally, I don't care if it's Ford or Carman, as long as they keep Joe clean. But evidently, Ford won the 3rd tackle job.
Reply/Quote
Everyone is practicing except ADG who has progressed to the rehab field finally

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2023, 01:52 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I focused on him from the time he went in. Nobody got past him. It is what it is, he played a good game in the limited amount of snaps he played. Sometimes I think players are knocked simply due to their reputation. Personally, I don't care if it's Ford or Carman, as long as they keep Joe clean. But evidently, Ford won the 3rd tackle job.

I watched him as well.  When he lands his initial punch, he controls the rep, in strong fashion.  Where he is at a disadvantage is when they use speed and take that wide angle around him.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2023, 02:56 PM)pally Wrote: Everyone is practicing except ADG who has progressed to the rehab field finally

Charlie Jones? Great news. We are just about at 100%. 
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2023, 03:00 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Charlie Jones? Great news. We are just about at 100%. 

Jones could be practicing but I dont think he is eligible to play vs the 49ers.

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2023, 03:00 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Charlie Jones? Great news. We are just about at 100%. 

He's on IR still so I don't think they were including him as part of the 53 players practicing. He is eligible to come off IR after this week

Reply/Quote
Chuck Sizzle is practicing but off to the side. Probably trying to get back into game speed as he is eligible to return next week.
Reply/Quote