Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Injury report 9/28
(09-29-2021, 12:14 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Clemson fan must not know where Tee Higgins, Jackson Carman, or DJ Reeder went to school

Poster must have missed my reply to this....

where you know, I can want the Bengals to win but Lawernce to actually look good...

Jesus, ***** sensitve bunch around here. Seriously, when did you suddenly become so sensitive? You weren't always this whiney.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2021, 12:16 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Perhaps I was a bit curt, but your post didn't come off well at all, in my POV.

Eh, that's the issue with putting a personal perspective to text. Not just here, but anywhere, people take things they way the think it is meant without even asking and get all bitchy and butt-hurt and then after the witch-hunt realize they were wrong.

Again, I want the Bengals to win, but this isn't like a steelers games. I love watching Ben get sacked over and over and looking like hot garbage. In this game, I want the Bengals to win, but I'd enjoy a good back and forth match where Lawrence looks solid. I'd laugh since as I stated earlier, people are calling it a "trap game". Dude, Zac Taylor hasn't earned the right to have a "trap game" even if the Bengals played the Jets, it isn't a trap game. 

And you know as well as I do, if Lawernce has a good game, there will be threads here Friday calling for Lou to be fired, and to me, I'd laugh about it.

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2021, 11:05 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Two reasons. 

One I'm a Clemson fan and want Lawrence to succeed long term.

Two, after last week's win the thread about a trap game showing up and suddenly Lou is the man and it is just the entertainment of the roller coaster of emotions here. After Chicago wins, it was time to clean house, now it's playoffs baby. So... there is the side of me that would chuckle watching the board lose its mind over it.

The team isn't going 16 - 1, they are going to lose several more games this season. Probably will win one or two that no one expects and lose one or two no one expects. But the reaction here from some (and you both know who) would be rather amusing.

I went to Clemson and I want him to fail miserably Thursday lol
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2021, 01:51 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I went to Clemson and I want him to fail miserably Thursday lol

[Image: 200w.gif]

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2021, 10:28 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Not going to lie... if he goes off and earns rookie of week against this defense I'm going to chuckle... alot

"Alot" is not a word...... Ninja
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2021, 12:17 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote:  You weren't always this whiney.

When it comes to whining about doom and gloom there are few in your cass.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2021, 09:37 AM)fredtoast Wrote: When it comes to whining about doom and gloom there are few in your cass.

Did you mean:
"few in your class"

or

"few in your ass"?

Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2021, 09:37 AM)fredtoast Wrote:
(09-02-2021, 03:37 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I want to pick the Bengals to win, but this game will be close. Still not 100% sure what we have on offense as we haven't seen it at full speed yet and I think early on in the first game there will be some hiccups of guys getting on the same page with timing and such. It's a different speed in game situation versus practice.

I want to believe the DL is going to be improved and that the running game won't gash us each week like we saw a lot of last season. Cook will be a good test of that. If the line has it together and the Vikings have to count on the passing game, the Bengals have an advantage. With Irv Smith Jr out, there isn't an established TE weapon that they have to exploit what seems to be a common theme in town with not being able to cover TE's. Jefferson and Thielen are going to get their catches, and their yards and put up points but if the running game can be held down, the Bengals should be able to keep pace.

Cook held in check Bengals win say 20 - 17
Cook gets going Vikings win probably 28 - 20

(09-15-2021, 03:05 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Not sure how the Bears win this game unless Taylor just coaches like crap or Lou goes and meltdowns with his defensive play calls. The Bears offense is not good (certainly not better than Dalvin Cook, Justin Jefferson and Thielan), the only thing you have to worry about it Cole Kmet is a pretty good TE. They may have a worse coach then the Bengals and while they have better pass rushers then Minnesota, as the Rams showed their secondary is not good at all.

I'm picking the Bengals by 10.

(09-19-2021, 08:15 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Eh, let's not over-react to a loss in Chicago.

Pitt isn't a good team. They have some star power here and there but over-all it is not a good team.

I predict a 3 point win in this one, a field goal near the end from the rookie to win it. Say 23 - 20.

(09-28-2021, 01:05 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Losing Bates for any length of time would be a huge blow to the defense. Of course with as bad as Jacksonville has looked might be worth giving him the game off with it being on a short week so he has more time to rest up for week 5.

(09-28-2021, 01:11 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I'm going to predict a Bengals win 27 to 17.

It'll be a struggle early, short week, guys out of their routine and coming off a win so I'm guessing a slow start for the Bengals. Later in the game, the Bengals defense takes advantage of Lawernce being a rookie and his turnovers and sets the Bengals up with a short field or two that gives them the edge.

When it comes to whining about doom and gloom

So... the guy who goes above and beyond to defend Mike Brown about "Not being cheap" or "not ignoring the interior OL" will go back multiple years and multiple drafts to try and prove a point, but can't be bothered to go back to even this week's prediction thread to avoid being absolutely 100% wrong?

Predicted a win every week, said not to over-react to the loss at Chicago, but... I'm doom and gloom??? 

Guess you don't stop by the Gameday Threads much.

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2021, 09:49 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Did you mean:
"few in your class"

or

"few in your ass"?

Ninja

Not touching this one  Ninja Ninja

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2021, 02:55 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Not touching this one  Ninja Ninja

That's what fred said about your ass. Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2021, 02:58 PM)PhilHos Wrote: That's what fred said about your ass. Mellow

Say WhatSay WhatSay WhatSay WhatSay WhatSay What

Freakout

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2021, 01:51 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I went to Clemson and I want him to fail miserably Thursday lol

I did not go to Clemson, and want him to fail miserably...and Meyer, too.  (I did go to BGSU, where Meyer got his coaching start...at least head coaching start).
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2021, 12:17 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: You weren't always this whiney.

It all started with Paul Brown's death.. Nervous
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote