Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inside the Koch-Backed Effort to Block the Election-Reform Bill
(04-01-2021, 11:41 AM)hollodero Wrote: Pro-racist, pro-Nazi... this is a bit much, especially when there's moral highground to be held.

He's not "pro-Nazi". Even logically, this makes as much sense as calling liberals "pro-criminal" or "pro uncontrolled immigration". 

I'm going to chill cause it is getting to hostile and we are all fellow Bengals fans.  

I will say texting, forums, social media are difficult because you only see just a small slice of who a person is.

I'm being serious here, I bet I would get along with and have fun with every single one of you on here; even you Fred.  Tongue 

I know I can come off like an ass, but we only see a small slice of each other and usually based on touchy topics.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2021, 11:41 AM)hollodero Wrote: Pro-racist, pro-Nazi... this is a bit much, especially when there's moral highground to be held.

He's not "pro-Nazi". Even logically, this makes as much sense as calling liberals "pro-criminal" or "pro uncontrolled immigration". 

I'm really tired of people using that term.  It's such a heavy allegation to make it really requires a huge amount of proof to justify its use.  To a lesser extent allegations of racism, although for many in the U.S. those two terms have become synonyms. 
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2021, 11:37 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

Now I know you are just trolling!!!!      Pro-Nazi............lmfao!!!!!!!!

I have never posted anything pro any of those things you listed nor am I.  Oh man, this is funny!

You're the one saying Nazis don't need cancelled.

That can either mean your pro or at the very least an apologist.

I'm not even the one highlighting the Nazi aspect. Guilty conscious?

Fwiw - I'm just extrapolating off things you've said in this topic. I'm not accusing you of being anything; merely observing how you're presenting yourself.
Reply/Quote

I'm not saying he is. He's the one saying the things liberals are canceling don't need cancelled, and everyone else is focused on the Nazi aspect.

As far as I care, he can be all of those things or none of them - I'm pointing out the optics of the shit he's spewing.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2021, 01:15 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: I'm not saying he is. He's the one saying the things liberals are canceling don't need cancelled, and everyone else is focused on the Nazi aspect.

As far as I care, he can be all of those things or none of them - I'm pointing out the optics of the shit he's spewing.

I was just responding to the general statement that you made about Liberals canceling things that need to be canceled.  I think businesses with opposing points of view, statues, names, mascots, etc.  I highly doubt anybody here supports nazis, racism, bigotry, police brutality, etc.  

I do not think of those things when someone says "cancel".
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2021, 01:15 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: I'm not saying he is. He's the one saying the things liberals are canceling don't need cancelled, and everyone else is focused on the Nazi aspect.

And since you supposedly have me on ignore you probably did not see me post this........

I'm going to chill cause it is getting to hostile and we are all fellow Bengals fans.  

I will say texting, forums, social media are difficult because you only see just a small slice of who a person is.

I'm being serious here, I bet I would get along with and have fun with every single one of you on here; even you Fred.  [Image: tongue.png] 

I know I can come off like an ass, but we only see a small slice of each other and usually based on touchy topics.
Reply/Quote
The American Family Association has called for the locking of this thread.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

I just reread the entire thread.  Mickey does use some salty language towards people in a general sense.  However, nothing he said could even be remotely construed as pro bigotry, violence or hate.  If you'll forgive me, it appears you're trying to attach those terms to him without overtly stating he is one of them.  I would hope that's not your intention and that, if it is not, that you stop with the comparisons.  There's certainly a long list of things that "the left" has tried to cancel of late that have nothing to do with any of the things you mentioned.  As an enormous Norm MacDonald fan I can use him as an example and it wouldn't be difficult to generate a much longer list.  There's also a list of things "the right" have tried to cancel, but the current atmosphere is not tilted nearly as much in their favor, and I think that's the genesis for the perception of "cancel culture" being a left leaning phenomena.  
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2021, 09:30 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: When "you" are so fragile that your life is consumed with tearing down statues and changing names/mascots and crying about Dr. Seuss books I don't know what to say.  

When you say it is perfectly acceptable to spread racist, offensive material and have statues to honor traitors to our country then I don't know what to say.

Funny thing is that a lot of people who talk like Mickey are the first ones to threaten anyone who insults their own family.  Everyone else are supposed to ignore offensive and insulting comments, but they refuse to apply those rules to themselves.  Instead they get all upset when sonmeone insults their mother, wife, or daughter.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2021, 01:37 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote:  There's also a list of things "the right" have tried to cancel, but the current atmosphere is not tilted nearly as much in their favor, and I think that's the genesis for the perception of "cancel culture" being a left leaning phenomena.  

This is exactly what I have been saying all along.  The right is fine with "cancel culture" until they start to lose.  Then suddenly anyone who wants to cancel anything is just being "too sensitive".
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2021, 01:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: When you say it is perfectly acceptable to spread racist, offensive material and have statues to honor traitors to our country then I don't know what to say.

Funny thing is that a lot of people who talk like Mickey are the first ones to threaten anyone who insults their own family.  Everyone else are supposed to ignore offensive and insulting comments, but they refuse to apply those rules to themselves.  Instead they get all upset when sonmeone insults their mother, wife, or daughter.

I'm against white washing our history.  Not everyone was perfect.  Times were different.  Reflect on those times and how far we have come, not whitewash everything cause it makes people feel squishy.

That is definitely not me and certainly not what I teach my kids.  I literally couldn't care less what you or anyone say about me or my family.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2021, 12:05 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'm really tired of people using that term.  It's such a heavy allegation to make it really requires a huge amount of proof to justify its use.  To a lesser extent allegations of racism, although for many in the U.S. those two terms have become synonyms. 

So am I. I'm all for putting the brakes on all the Hitler/Nazi comparisons. It's why I've decided to not post in the current border crisis thread. I want no part in continuing to bump that to the top of the board. 
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 12:51 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Nah you're right. Nazis, police brutality, bigotry and hate speech are just things people need to get over.

(03-31-2021, 02:07 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Sure buddy.  Me and Fox and the GOP support all those things.   Smirk

(04-01-2021, 01:37 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I just reread the entire thread.  Mickey does use some salty language towards people in a general sense.  However, nothing he said could even be remotely construed as pro bigotry, violence or hate.  If you'll forgive me, it appears you're trying to attach those terms to him without overtly stating he is one of them.  I would hope that's not your intention and that, if it is not, that you stop with the comparisons.  There's certainly a long list of things that "the left" has tried to cancel of late that have nothing to do with any of the things you mentioned.  As an enormous Norm MacDonald fan I can use him as an example and it wouldn't be difficult to generate a much longer list.  There's also a list of things "the right" have tried to cancel, but the current atmosphere is not tilted nearly as much in their favor, and I think that's the genesis for the perception of "cancel culture" being a left leaning phenomena.  

Guess you missed that exchange.

Since nobody ever seems to pick up my sarcasm, I expect the same courtesy be extended to others. And no, you can't say 'well it's really obvious' because I've been attacked multiple times for things that were very clearly tongue in cheek or sarcastic.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2021, 02:05 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Guess you missed that exchange.

Since nobody ever seems to pick up my sarcasm, I expect the same courtesy be extended to others. And no, you can't say 'well it's really obvious' because I've been attacked multiple times for things that were very clearly tongue in cheek or sarcastic.

BPK, I put the smirk there to purposefully indicate sarcasm and even started off with "Sure buddy".  It was dripping with sarcasm.

But did you use the "smirk" or the "sarcasm" emoji?   Ninja
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2021, 02:11 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: It was just a joke bro   Ninja

I said what I said and I meant what I said.

That emoji could've just as easily been condescending as it was a mark of sarcasm. Sorry - you don't get the benefit of the doubt anymore than I do.
Reply/Quote

I don't think anyone is attacking you here.  But your point about missing sarcasm is a valid one.  We, generally, use the  Ninja at the end of a statement that was intended to be sarcastic or tongue in cheek because of this.  Without body language and tone of voice it's very easy to miss attempted sarcasm via text only.
Reply/Quote

How often you were unfairly attacked by whom ever does in no way justify to attack someone else unfairly.

You admittedly took a clearly sarcastic comment literally to badmouth someone else. Whoever did that to you is at fault; when you do it to someone else, you're at fault. Also, either complain about this type or behaviour or display the same behaviour; you can't have it both ways.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2021, 02:12 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: I said what I said and I meant what I said.

That emoji could've just as easily been condescending as it was a mark of sarcasm. Sorry - you don't get the benefit of the doubt anymore than I do.

That is not even from this thread.  And I never ignore someone's sarcasm on purpose, so if I have done that to you in the past I apologize.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2021, 02:03 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I'm against white washing our history.  

Yet you are in favor of preserving statues that honor men who fought against the United States in order to preserve the institution of slavery?

Nothing WHITE washes our history more than insisting that those men deserve statues to honor their memory.
Reply/Quote