Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Insider Info On Marvin And Hue
I'd rather have Hue than either Simmons of Guenther as head coach.

That said, I really would like a good up and coming coach (something like what happened to us with Gruden and Zimmer) who's never been a head coach but has the buzz surrounding them after, say, leading a defense to top 10 finishes with average personnel or developing a QB into something beyond what is expected (or just taking a top QB prospect and converting them into a top QB).

That way we can get a new staff into this building, very little personnel left over from the previous regime and then, maybe (just maybe), we can look at drafting a franchise signal caller that we've neglected since we lost Palmer.

Dalton and McCarron can be carried to a winning record if they have enough talent around them, but neither of them can win in spite of his team which is what you need in the NFL. Either would be a wonderful back up QB, but I just don't see the potential for either of them to be a high end starter in the NFL and I'm tired of rooting for a team that is, what, trying to rely on one receiver to become an elite team? No elite team in the NFL does that....Brady, Rodgers, Newton, Ryan, Wentz, etc. We need a QB who can take over a game.

If we keep someone from inside the organization, then Dalton will be our starting QB until his contract expires (and maybe beyond that) and that'll just be...such a ***** bummer. Especially if we are on the "let 1 to 2 impact free agents leave per off season" plan that we have been on for the last 2 years...

But, alas, I know that all this is for nothing, as we have no control over what Mike Brown does and, as always, we know the only thing directing the decisions for Mikey is his pocketbook. And the idea of paying an up and coming coach? That must make his stomach churn.
Reply/Quote
I actually think Vance Johnson is a possibility too.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 05:17 PM)grampahol Wrote: There is a slim possibility that the team actually plans to do an extensive search for a great coach to replace Merv.. I have a feeling that if he is leaving he's going to wait until the last dog dies so they're left to scramble at the last possible moment to find a replacement..

Nah..I'm in favor of every single female in the greater Cincinnati area of swearing on a stack of Bibles that the entire Brown family molested them.. Even Katie! 

Did you really need to make the molestation "joke" twice??
:andy:
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 05:58 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I actually think Vance Johnson is a possibility too.

Yup...............  Hes getting a lot of blame in Broncos country.  Wouldnt be surprised if he's 1 and out.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 05:03 PM)jj22 Wrote: It's time for Marvin to go, but the Franchise is looking done for the next generation or two. This feels more like 1999 then 2002.

I'm feeling almost certain the Family will blow this moment.

That's Ok. Go Vikes!

With all the talent we have, I think we can at least be competitive with a new head coach, even if it's Hue, because he CAN'T be worse than Marvin in clock management, game management, game planning, etc. 

However, I don't think Hue gets us over the hump like a new coach would.

Regardless, I don't think we'll be done at all.
Reply/Quote
They wants Hue because they know they have an offensive problem. If the offense can play a little they know they have the talent on defense to win now. Hue fixes that and at bat point they would keep marvin as mentor to Hue/talent evaluator to make sure he doesn’t do Hue things and get off track.

If McDaniels would keep Guenther I think they would consider that way...... he just is going to go his way.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 04:41 PM)Wyche Wrote: Hire from within.....do it.....put me out of my misery with this shit show.

(12-18-2017, 05:10 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: So our options are a guy who owns a 9 - 37 record as a HC or the laziest hires imaginable. No wonder why they stuck with Marv for so long, their HC hunting process is a joke and they know it. 

Sadly, I've joined this crowd. 

Who Dey? 
Mike Brown, that's who.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
do you remember ML and Hues succession plan for 2018?
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17834094/marvin-lewis-wanted-hue-jackson-succeed-head-coach-cincinnati-bengals

Now, we want Hue back. How bad is MB kicking himself now? One of his many mistakes. Although I do not think Hue would be a good HC for us
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 06:53 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: They wants Hue because they know they have an offensive problem. If the offense can play a little they know they have the talent on defense to win now. Hue fixes that and at bat point they would keep marvin as mentor to Hue/talent evaluator to make sure he doesn’t do Hue things and get off track.

If McDaniels would keep Guenther I think they would consider that way...... he just is going to go his way.

McDaniels absolutely, unequivocally, 100% wouldn't go his own way with the Bengals because he would never get the amount of control to go his own way. Wouldn't even get a whiff of that amount of control.
Reply/Quote
How is it possible that Bengals fans are still surprised that Mike Brown doesn't give a damn?

EDIT:
Just off the top of my head, let's list some people who have stated via word, action, or both, that Mike Brown is not interested in winning football games

Sam Wyche
Boomer Esiason
Bill Cowher
Corey Dillon
(one of the WRs we had around this time)
Tom Coughlin
Carson Palmer
Chad Johnson
Marvin Lewis (remember, he was threatening to leave after 2010 unless changes were made.  Changes were not made)

and that's all I can think of right now.  It's also quite telling that Mike Brown swears he's completely blindsided every time a coach or player wants out.  Anyways, how many people who actually play/work in the NFL who dedicate their entire lives and careers to this business have to tell us that Mike Brown isn't in the business of winning before we stop being so surprised?

If Mike Brown makes a lazy hire to replace Marvin OR talks Marvin into staying and you are legitimately surprised...damn, I just don't know what to tell you.  Maybe if AJ Green and/or Dalton follow suit and leave this organization in disgust you'll get the memo....or maybe you'll convince yourself that they are just the latest set of quitter loser divas that we had the misfortune of seeing.

Here is a fun video to illustrate the two types of Bengals fans based upon their reactions/expectations:

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 07:08 PM)Nately120 Wrote: How is it possible that Bengals fans are still surprised that Mike Brown doesn't give a damn?

We are like the rebellion in Star Wars.. always holding on to hope.

But really, it's because it's the future. And when things change, you can't tell yet if it will be good or bad. I really would be excited for nearly anyone, even an in-house hire. I'd want to give them a chance at least, especially Simmons since he hasn't ever been a HC. I'm not counting anyone out. These guys want to win too.

My only exceptions would be Hue or Jeff Fisher  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 04:34 PM)Takedown Wrote: F*** it. McDaniels may have failed the Broncos, but he's a better option than everyone else on that list. If only we were looking into giving him a shot...

I hear this all the time. Bellichick  was not as successful his first time around. He rebounded well enough didnt he?

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 05:58 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I actually think Vance Johnson is a possibility too.

The receiver?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Hell I ain't surprised Nate. I'm almost begging them to go status quo...

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I could see Jay Gruden as a strong possibility if he is let go by the Redskins.

I'm not thrilled by it... but it would be better than Hue or God forbid promoting Guenther.

A lazy promotion from within would do me in here. Especially if Alexander is still employed.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
We need whoever it is, even if it's Hue (hope not), just has to have an offensive mind and we might be ok.

We need an offensive-minded head coach who will understand how to game plan and use our strengths to attack our opponents, and an offensive-minded head coach will understand things like clock management (when we need to run, throw, just try to move the chains), as well as when a challenge is worth it, when we'll need our timeouts, and just how to play a game.

We need someone who understands our offensive strengths and what they can do and then our defense has the talent that we should be ok with Guenther just managing them.

I hope it's not Hue or a hire from within, but we might be ok if it is.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 07:14 PM)thillan Wrote: We are like the rebellion in Star Wars.. always holding on to hope.

But really, it's because it's the future. And when things change, you can't tell yet if it will be good or bad. I really would be excited for nearly anyone, even an in-house hire. I'd want to give them a chance at least, especially Simmons since he hasn't ever been a HC. I'm not counting anyone out. These guys want to win too.

My only exceptions would be Hue or Jeff Fisher  Ninja

Or John Fox...

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
If we “go Patriot” I prefer Matt Patricia over Josh McDaniel.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 11:51 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: If we “go Patriot” I prefer Matt Patricia over Josh McDaniel.

Maybe McDaniel has a leg up since he has his failed experience and learning curve out of the way.  And I agree with all the people who say we need an Offensive guy.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 11:56 PM)McC Wrote: Maybe McDaniel has a leg up since he has his failed experience and learning curve out of the way.  And I agree with all the people who say we need an Offensive guy.

I was leaning that way until I saw how horrific the defense plays.
Reply/Quote