Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Insider Info On Marvin And Hue
(12-18-2017, 11:57 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I was leaning that way until I saw how horrific the defense plays.

They fell off a cliff, for sure.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 06:53 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: They wants Hue because they know they have an offensive problem.  If the offense can play a little they know they have the talent on defense to win now.   Hue fixes that and at bat point they would keep marvin as mentor to Hue/talent evaluator to make sure he doesn’t do Hue things and get off track.  

If McDaniels would keep Guenther I think they would consider that way......  he just is going to go his way.
What talent on defense are you taking about?;
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 12:09 AM)sandwedge Wrote: What talent on defense are you taking about?;

We have talent up front and at CB.  Our S's could be better but they're at least sufficient.  Better LB's are imperative, which is the single position the LB Whisperer has had the most trouble finding his whole time here.  He has sucked at drafting them.

And, obviously, better schemes, more aggression and better fundamentals, namely tackling.  There is talent.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 05:17 PM)grampahol Wrote: Nah..I'm in favor of every single female in the greater Cincinnati area of swearing on a stack of Bibles that the entire Brown family molested them.. Even Katie! 

Oh I get it, then Mike Brown will be too busy running for Alabama senate to run the Bengals.  Clever move!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't get all of the criticism of Hue's record at Cleveland. Do you guys not understand the turnover of players theyve had? They had 20 something rookies on the 53 man roster last year. Do you not realize that was a team that consisted almost half of which were rookies. Unheard of. Rookie qb most of the year. Even more purging of players this past offseason and another rookie qb. Not too mention they let all of their best players go. What matters to me is what he did with the Raiders. That was impressive to me. How the Bengals players continuously talked about how much they missed Hue last year. Hue has been a defensive and offensive coach. Players play hard for him. I would personally love to have him as our head man. The only problem I would have with this hire is I feel like they may try to force him to keep a few position coaches like PA. I would love an outside hire but also wouldn't mind Hue if he was given his fullchoice of staff.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 09:10 AM)whodey4life84 Wrote: I don't get all of the criticism of Hue's record at Cleveland. Do you guys not understand the turnover of players theyve had? They had 20 something rookies on the 53 man roster last year. Do you not realize that was a team that consisted almost half of which were rookies. Unheard of. Rookie qb most of the year. Even more purging of players this past offseason and another rookie qb. Not too mention they let all of their best players go. What matters to me is what he did with the Raiders. That was impressive to me. How the Bengals players continuously talked about how much they missed Hue last year. Hue has been a defensive and offensive coach. Players play hard for him. I would personally love to have him as our head man. The only problem I would have with this hire is I feel like they may try to force him to keep a few position coaches like PA. I would love an outside hire but also wouldn't mind Hue if he was given his fullchoice of staff.

Part of me excuses Hues record for those reasons.  The other part of me says wow 1-29 is just super bad. 
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 10:16 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Part of me excuses Hues record for those reasons.  The other part of me says wow 1-29 is just super bad. 

Agreed. Its not easy to ignore that's for sure, but I honestly think Hue would have a better chance at success here than in Cleveland.
Reply/Quote
Hue would def be more successful here than Cleveland, however he is not a disciplinarian. He's a young Marvin. Players coach. We need championship poise. His bad challenges and clock management in Cleveland can't be blamed on the players.

McDaniels at least can beat the Steelers consistently. With NE and with Tebow in Denver. That should be the deciding factor in trying to get him here.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 10:27 AM)Takedown Wrote: Agreed. Its not easy to ignore that's for sure, but I honestly think Hue would have a better chance at success here than in Cleveland.

People act like his stint in Oakland was a disaster, but he barely missed the playoffs and he was working with Jason Campell, rusty Carson Palmer, a backup RB, a 29th (or so) ranked Chuck Breshnehan defense, and so on.  He shouldn't a GM, clearly, but he's clearly been better than 1-29 when he has something to work with.
Reply/Quote
Hue wouldn't be as bad as people make it out to be. There is something to be said for his working relationship with Brown.

But he's about to go 1-31. I don't care how bad your roster is. That's really tough to do.
Reply/Quote
Was it Hue, on his own, that was pulling QBs out of the games or was it his higher ups? I am not a Hue fan. There were alot of games the Browns were in and somehow they just blew it? The one thing I see that makes Hue better than Merv, Hue doesn't seem as conservative.
Reply/Quote
A few years agon Cower stated he would coach the Bengals with all the talent they had then. Now if he was telling truth or just making conversation who knows. Since we are all in fantasy land just imagine the Bengals-Steelers rivalry then....
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 12:15 AM)McC Wrote: We have talent up front and at CB.  Our S's could be better but they're at least sufficient.  Better LB's are imperative, which is the single position the LB Whisperer has had the most trouble finding his whole time here.  He has sucked at drafting them.

And, obviously, better schemes, more aggression and better fundamentals, namely tackling.  There is talent.

We do have the high end talent...unfortunately we start about 8-10 guys graded Poor.

IF we could upgrade 4-5 of those positions from Poor to Average...we'd be so much better.

You can hide 2-3 Poor starters. You can't hide 8-10.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 10:16 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Part of me excuses Hues record for those reasons.  The other part of me says wow 1-29 is just super bad. 

Yeah I'd say I'm similar.

That all said...the Bengals are a trainwreck of a franchise too and Cleveland has botched a bunch of draft picks. Could Hue handle that side of things?

And for the Raiders, they started off really good and then tanked to finish 8-8. It's not like he led them to a 12-4 record.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 01:17 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Hue wouldn't be as bad as people make it out to be. There is something to be said for his working relationship with Brown.

But he's about to go 1-31. I don't care how bad your roster is. That's really tough to do.

Yeah, if he loses his last 2 this season, he'll have gone 2-35 in his last 37 games, going back to the Raiders. Even given all of the excuses that be made - and many of them very legit - at some point, winning only twice in a 37 game stretch has to say something about the coach as well...at least in my opinion.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 04:04 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yeah, if he loses his last 2 this season, he'll have gone 2-35 in his last 37 games, going back to the Raiders. Even given all of the excuses that be made - and many of them very legit - at some point, winning only twice in a 37 game stretch has to say something about the coach as well...at least in my opinion.

Pretty much.

I still don't get how people on the one hand can be critical of Mike for considering re-upping Merv or hiring from within, but then turn around and say they want Hue as the head coach. We need to move on from Merv COMPLETELY. I don't want ANY of the coaching staff to come back. I don't care if some of them are good coaches. The best thing, IMO, is to completely re-do the entire coaching staff. From top to bottom. We don't want any "this is how we always do things". We need coaches to go, "Why the F** are we doing it THIS way?" Maybe then, Mike might actually change. 

I said, "maybe".
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 04:11 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Pretty much.

I still don't get how people on the one hand can be critical of Mike for considering re-upping Merv or hiring from within, but then turn around and say they want Hue as the head coach. We need to move on from Merv COMPLETELY. I don't want ANY of the coaching staff to come back. I don't care if some of them are good coaches. The best thing, IMO, is to completely re-do the entire coaching staff. From top to bottom. We don't want any "this is how we always do things". We need coaches to go, "Why the F** are we doing it THIS way?" Maybe then, Mike might actually change. 

I said, "maybe".

Agree with a lot of this. However, Mike will never change.

Reply/Quote
The Brown family have to divest themselves from ALL day to day operations of this team to make this work!!! THAT'S THE ONLY WAY! Otherwise it's just different coloured s**t!

There will be no use getting excited about a new coaching staff if there isn't a true GM in place and even a president above him that doesn't have to answer to Mike or family on day to day operations. Also the GM has to hire and put together a scouting department from the ground up!
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 04:04 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yeah, if he loses his last 2 this season, he'll have gone 2-35 in his last 37 games, going back to the Raiders. Even given all of the excuses that be made - and many of them very legit - at some point, winning only twice in a 37 game stretch has to say something about the coach as well...at least in my opinion.

So...not having won a playoff game in 27+ years...and desperately needing to change the culture here to a winning one.

I don't see how we can hire a coach that goes 0-16 and also 2-35.

Maybe IF we were the Patriots or Steelers and usually win a lot of games could we bring that coach in...but not here.

We need a coach who wills the players to believe they can win.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 04:11 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Pretty much.

I said, "maybe".

It is indeed our best chance to improve. We need a total change or all routines and habits.

Had we say won 3 or so playoff games over the past 5 years, then I'd say make minor changes. But, that's not the case.

From a playoff win perspective...our present is intertwined with the 90's.
Reply/Quote