Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Insomnia
Weed during the day makes me sleepy at night.

Weed before bedtime just gets my mind racing and keeps me awake.

And no crack after 6:00 PM.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 07:05 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Anybody else have this problem?  It's 5:00 am and I haven't slept a wink.  And I'm wide awake.  This sucks!  Surely I'm not the only one with this problem?

I've had it for 50 years it stopped in one day but it is very specific to me. 

Insomnia because of overthinking but I was lacking a part of my identity which I didn't know I had lost ( being a lefty and used to  my right hand since childhood because of an  accident ) . They day I had it back, I didn't experiment insomnia over again.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 08:12 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I used to have it often but not anymore. A couple melatonin at night before bed helps.

Does melatonin **** with your dreams at all? I don’t typically remember my dreams, but it seems that when I take melatonin, they are vivid, and often frightening.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2021, 11:14 PM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: Does melatonin **** with your dreams at all? I don’t typically remember my dreams, but it seems that when I take melatonin, they are vivid, and often frightening.

I hallucinated on Melatonin and, like you wrote, the experience was horrifying.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2021, 11:14 PM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: Does melatonin **** with your dreams at all? I don’t typically remember my dreams, but it seems that when I take melatonin, they are vivid, and often frightening.

(11-28-2021, 11:41 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I hallucinated on Melatonin and, like you wrote, the experience was horrifying.

Well I can safely rule that out as something I had considered trying. Thanks for the info boys.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 12:08 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Well I can safely rule that out as something I had considered trying. Thanks for the info boys.

This has actually only come up with me in the last few weeks. I bought some for my kids (since those little ***** lay in bed awake until midnight), and it worked so well for them that I tried it.

…and it made me feel…like a PIECE OF SHIT!

So, I just didn’t take it anymore, but let them keep doing it because it seemed to work. Then I was just now looking up the side effects, and it very commonly causes vivid dreams and nightmares as well as anxiety. Hallucinations are less likely, but still a known side effect.

Now I feel bad for giving it to my kids.
LFG  

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 12:45 AM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: This has actually only come up with me in the last few weeks. I bought some for my kids (since those little ***** lay in bed awake until midnight), and it worked so well for them that I tried it.

…and it made me feel…like a PIECE OF SHIT!

So, I just didn’t take it anymore, but let them keep doing it because it seemed to work. Then I was just now looking up the side effects, and it very commonly causes vivid dreams and nightmares as well as anxiety. Hallucinations are less likely, but still a known side effect.

Now I feel bad for giving it to my kids.

Kids?  Dude, I didn't know you had 2.  What ages man?
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 01:38 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Kids?  Dude, I didn't know you had 2.  What ages man?

I don’t have 2. I have 3.

7, 5, and 1. All boys. The two older ones simultaneously perfect gentlemen and little assholes. I’ve engineered it that way, and it’s great.
LFG  

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 02:29 AM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: I don’t have 2. I have 3.

7, 5, and 1. All boys. The two older ones simultaneously perfect gentlemen and little assholes. I’ve engineered it that way, and it’s great.

Damn man.  It's been a long time.  I'm really happy things sure have seemed to turn out good for you bro.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2021, 11:14 PM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: Does melatonin **** with your dreams at all? I don’t typically remember my dreams, but it seems that when I take melatonin, they are vivid, and often frightening.

Geez, I don’t know? I switch off from time to time and I don’t think there is a difference for me. To be clear, I mentioned earlier I switch to zquil. I’m talking about the tablets and not the liquid.

Reply/Quote
Something that might help..Learn relaxation techniques. The military teaches basically the same technique used in yoga. Lie completely still and concentrate on each muscle group of letting them completely relax one at a time until you've gotten all the muscles in your body relaxed. Repeat as needed as you may tense back up..
Works for me usually..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 01:02 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: You guys got me thinking gummies are the way to go.  I just enjoy my bong rips.  But kudos to all of you for being honest about it.  Weed helps a lot of conditions.  I have high blood pressure, but I've checked (My wife is a retired RN) it and without a doubt, it brings my BP down, considerably I might add.  

I'm also diabetic.  And after a lot of testing, smoking also lowers my blood glucose levels.  And helps it stay nice and regulated.

But still with this insomnia.

It has REALLY brought down my A1C since I started smoking regularly again. I was shocked.

Anyhow, I have found that vaping the oil can cause me to stay awake at night, but the flower always helps me sleep.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 04:30 PM)Wyche Wrote: It has REALLY brought down my A1C since I started smoking regularly again. I was shocked.

Anyhow, I have found that vaping the oil can cause me to stay awake at night, but the flower always helps me sleep.

could never stand vaping....  I tried vaping to quit cigs too and just couldnt do it.

Smoking should help you sleep. if not smoke some more

Also i stop doing things like playing games or watching something new at least 20-30 minutes before i want to go to bed.   And put on a movie ive seen (or at least started) 100s of times...  something with a nice slow intro you can fall alseep too.    Close your eyes and play the movie in your head and boom.... your asleep on the couch.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 04:30 PM)Wyche Wrote: It has REALLY brought down my A1C since I started smoking regularly again. I was shocked.

I hear ya' brother.  Sometimes I have to be careful, it drops too far sometimes.  Not dangerous, low 70's.  And btw man.  How have I known you all these years and not known you smoked?  

They will find a ton of legit uses for cannabis.  And the economic boost would benefit this country tremendously.  Sales, reasonably taxed, combined with less waste of tax money to prosecute people for silly Draconian laws.

Damn.  Maybe I better head out to the garage.
Hilarious
Reply/Quote
I used to openly talk about smoking weed on the old board, and was treated like a child criminal.

Oh, how times have changed…lol.
LFG  

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 11:28 PM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: I used to openly talk about smoking weed on the old board, and was treated like a child criminal.

Oh, how times have changed…lol.

You do know you're a big reason I started smoking?
j/k
[Image: laughing-rofl.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2021, 12:24 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: You do know you're a big reason I started smoking?
j/k
[Image: laughing-rofl.gif]

I don’t even smoke weed anymore. Multiple young children and a blossoming career has it all on hold. BUT…someday…I will return.
LFG  

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2021, 12:36 AM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: I don’t even smoke weed anymore. Multiple young children and a blossoming career has it all on hold. BUT…someday…I will return.

Well John.  When that time comes, and I'm still kickin.  We have to get together and celebrate your return my brother.  You got me through some of the hardest times of my life.
Reply/Quote
I have two things to say. First, thanks to all that have so far participated in this thread. We have shifted a little to a topic that is somewhat touchy. But I feel this discussion is very informative, and related to insomnia for many of us.

Second. Kudos to the Admin team, who I'm sure are watching, for allowing this to continue.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2021, 12:40 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Well John.  When that time comes, and I'm still kickin.  We have to get together and celebrate your return my brother.  You got me through some of the hardest times of my life.

Haha…I will call you up to Cincinnati when this eventually happens.

You got yourself through those bad times, my friend. I’m glad I could help during the process though.

Side note: can you believe that was like 10 years ago? It’s super shocking when I think about it….it really doesn’t seem that far away.
LFG  

Reply/Quote