Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting Article Comparing 2016 Draft With 2012
(04-23-2016, 09:35 PM)Okeana Wrote: If you skip on doctson, pick up shepard in 2nd and listenbee in the 4th or 5th.  how much fall off do you really get ? compared to the fall off of DT's or DE's.  

Shepard is better suited in the slot and Docston is better suited outside. They're both very different players.

Also, Listenbee hasn't shown the best of hands. Caught 12 of 22 contested catches and had 5 drops compared to 30 receptions.
Docston also had 5 drops, but also had 79 receptions. Listenbee is a burner, he's not that great with routes. Docston is much better in routes.

DT is actually very deep. You got Billings, Reed, Robinson, Washington, Day, Jones, Nkemdiche, Butler, Clark, Johnson, Ridgeway, Collins, I could go on. And they're all players that are rated anywhere between a 1st round to a 3rd round prospect.

DE, on the other hand, is pretty shallow and I agree.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2016, 08:16 AM)EatonFan Wrote: According to most pundits this WR class is pretty shallow.  I'm guessing we'll grab a WR in the 2nd round.  Don't be shocked if it's Braxton Miller.  Most are pegging him to the Bengals to replace Sanu and that's where he is projected to go.

I wouldn't mind Miller in the 2nd at all. I'd rather have the Oklahoma WR Sterling Shepard i think if he is still available. I wouldn't mind moving up a little in the 2nd if he is still available just to nag him. He is going to be a beast, and for a great price.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2016, 12:13 AM)milksheikh Wrote: It's hard to determine what the Bengals will do..

They'll pull a fast one on you ...

Who saw Cedric Ogbuehi and Jake Fisher being our first 2 picks last year? No one.

My God, when they announced the Jake Fisher pick, I was like "Who did the Bengals trade with for this pick"? I stood there in stunned silence wishing what I saw wasn't true. That said, the more I think about it, the more I see them targeting Ryan Kelly at Center. Just a hunch.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2016, 05:36 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Just curious who you guys would take in the first if Doctson, Floyd and Billings are there. Oh and Treadwell and Coleman are off the board.

Billings. I'm starting to cement my feelings that WR can be fixed in the latter rounds.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2016, 08:07 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Thought this was interesting. Is a 2nd or in the Bengals case 3rd or 4th WR worth a 1st Rd pick. The Bengals are notorious for not starting draft picks their 1st year. So the question is, at what position of need do you guys see a 1st Rd player starting? DT, nope, DE, nope C, nope, S, nope, CB, no again. What about LB? I know we have alot of bodies at that position but most are just that. But again I dont see the Bengals starting a rookie LB so what does it matter, is there really a position OF NEED if they wont even start, why not just take BPA. On a side note I do think Treadwell could be a day 1 starter but we know that A. he will be off the board or B. Lafell or Tate will be the #2 regardless. Thoughts.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2016/4/15/11424090/2012-vs-2016-bengals-should-pass-on-a-wide-receiver-in-the-first-round

they wont start as the starter on the depth chart but that doesnt mean they wont be a start by time the season starts.... Like Rey M knocked out the LBer in front of him for the sam spot his rookie year. Dalton and AJ were more out of need to start.

But generally we havent needed the 1st rounders to come in and start right away thats a sign of good depth. But if the player is outshining the incumbent start im sure they will work their way into the starting lineup...

WR is a need but do we have to have a 1st rounder no.

Bengals do pretty well every year making sure there are no glaring needs going into the draft. definate spots that can be upgraded but there is usually something servicable in place.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2016, 05:36 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Just curious who you guys would take in the first if Doctson, Floyd and Billings are there. Oh and Treadwell and Coleman are off the board.

Tough, cause all 3 would help us as rookies but i would go with Billings. Games are won in the trenches
and he reminds me of a young Geno Atkins but better against the run. Our DL would be wicked especially
if we added another End later for our rotation.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 05:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Tough, cause all 3 would help us as rookies but i would go with Billings. Games are won in the trenches
and he reminds me of a young Geno Atkins but better against the run. Our DL would be wicked especially
if we added another End later for our rotation.

would love a stud DT or C in the first
im trying the weight the pros cons of a myles jack even if he only gets to play 3 years before needing surgery. we know that surgery isnt the death sentance to a career it used to be.. or at least have an example of someone who has had it and came out okay.
Reply/Quote