Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Interesting Article on Cuts/Trades by teams to 53
https://www.nfl.com/news/2021-nfl-roster-bubble-notable-players-who-could-be-traded-or-cut

This is a very strange year having 2 weeks to prepare (all but 2 teams and they have 10 days) for week #1. I personally have always liked Smith, the former ND middle LB. I would love it if he made his way onto our roster.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I did see that Andre Smith was cut by the Ravens......lol
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2021, 07:08 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: https://www.nfl.com/news/2021-nfl-roster-bubble-notable-players-who-could-be-traded-or-cut

This is a very strange year having 2 weeks to prepare (all but 2 teams and they have 10 days) for week #1. I personally have always liked Smith, the former ND middle LB. I would love it if he made his way onto our roster.
Reports are he's not the same player, doesn't diagnose well and lost his burst. 
Reply/Quote
I'm happy with our young linebackers. The only person on that list I like is Gilmore, but that's not happening.

I'm sure there will be a player or two that could be worth a look at cuts. I'd lean more towards corner, oline, and edge positions. Injuries to Ossai and Waynes increase the need for depth there. Tight end and linebacker are in the mix if the right player is available.
Reply/Quote
Id kick the tires on Shaq Lawson. Passing rushing
Depth has taken.a severe hit with Ossai and the kid
From K State both out for the year.
Cam Sample is nicked up. Noah Spence doesnt move
The needle. Hodge has looked good so far, but
So did Jordan Willis in preseason.
Reply/Quote
I would give a 7th for OJ Howard. Or even give them a 6th in return for a 7th and OJ Howard. The TE group right now for the Bengals is pretty weak. Ertz would still be an ideal add.

Jaylon Smith you'd have to imagine would be an instant upgrade for the defense. Might be just what they need to try to stop the Browns and Ravens from running all over the D.

Shaw Lawson if he's cut would be a solid add to rebuild the DE depth that is currently perilous due to injuries.

JJ Arcega-Whiteside might be a solid add off the waive wire for a #5 WR. I'm not on the Trent Taylor/Mike Thomas/Stanley Morgan fanwagon.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2021, 11:59 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I would give a 7th for OJ Howard. Or even give them a 6th in return for a 7th and OJ Howard. The TE group right now for the Bengals is pretty weak. Ertz would still be an ideal add.

Jaylon Smith you'd have to imagine would be an instant upgrade for the defense. Might be just what they need to try to stop the Browns and Ravens from running all over the D.

Shaw Lawson if he's cut would be a solid add to rebuild the DE depth that is currently perilous due to injuries.

JJ Arcega-Whiteside might be a solid add off the waive wire for a #5 WR. I'm not on the Trent Taylor/Mike Thomas/Stanley Morgan fanwagon.

Bucs would want a whole lot more for Oj Howard than a 7th or 6th

We’re talking 3 or 4 realistically
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2021, 12:03 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Bucs would want a whole lot more for Oj Howard than a 7th or 6th

Nah.. What's he done? I'd say a 6th sounds right..Esp if they are gonna cut him..
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2021, 07:08 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: https://www.nfl.com/news/2021-nfl-roster-bubble-notable-players-who-could-be-traded-or-cut

Smith could definitely upgrade our LB core. Murray could be a great pick up if he's cut. Gilmore would upgrade our CB room. Rashaad Penny is a former first rounder who could be worth a flier. Lawson could be a good rotational DE to add to our pass rush. Same with Butler. Ertz or Howard could also be good gets considering our TEs aren't fantastic, just depends on health/what the teams want in return. 

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2021, 12:03 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Bucs would want a whole lot more for Oj Howard than a 7th or 6th

Doubt it. 

He is due $6m fully guaranteed, he is coming back from a torn Achilles, isn't a starter for them, and he going to be a FA in 2022. None of that says 3rd-4th.

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2021, 11:59 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I would give a 7th for OJ Howard. Or even give them a 6th in return for a 7th and OJ Howard. The TE group right now for the Bengals is pretty weak. Ertz would still be an ideal add.

JJ Arcega-Whiteside might be a solid add off the waive wire for a #5 WR. I'm not on the Trent Taylor/Mike Thomas/Standor Morgan fanwagon.

Very solid list. Howard and Smith are already proven, just not heavily in the plans of their teams at the moment. Expected much more out of JJAW , but would be an interesting flyer on a former 2nd rounder (whom also was taken over Metcalf lol) who could be had for next to nothing.
Reply/Quote
I really liked Andy Isabella coming out of college. I can't help but wonder if having the shortest QB in the league isn't the best mix when you aren't the tallest slot WR in the league, either.

I am not sure if Isabella has taken any work in punt and kick returns, but I would be interested in him to back up Boyd in the slot. Thus far, Taylor hasn't shown much of anything...Not that Isabella has produced a ton, either.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2021, 05:52 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Doubt it. 

He is due $6m fully guaranteed, he is coming back from a torn Achilles, isn't a starter for them, and he going to be a FA in 2022. None of that says 3rd-4th.

I remember people pounding the draft threads to get him here. He really hasn't done much.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2021, 08:26 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I remember people pounding the draft threads to get him here. He really hasn't done much.

I was one of those people. He was still better than John Ross, though, so I will still give myself at least a partial success on that table pounding. Lol

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2021, 09:24 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I was one of those people. He was still better than John Ross, though, so I will still give myself at least a partial success on that table pounding. Lol

I was too. No way of knowing if he has those injuries here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote

I agree with all of this. Of course Bengals would not do all of these moves, but I hope they are willing to be creative and not just sit on their hands if good solid NFL starters become available via trade or FA after cuts.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2021, 10:40 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I agree with all of this. Of course Bengals would not do all of these moves, but I hope they are willing to be creative and not just sit on their hands if good solid NFL starters become available via trade or FA after cuts.

Always been a big fan of Jaylon Smith....but that aint happening
now a better TE option in Ertz would be something. I havent heard anything on D Sample all of camp. 
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2021, 10:42 AM)kalibengal Wrote: Always been a big fan of Jaylon Smith....but that aint happening
now a better TE option in Ertz would be something. I havent heard anything on D Sample all of camp. 

I have sang the praises of Ertz for months once I heard he may be trade bait. He is a complete TE, very good blocker and pass catcher. He would help us in both run and pass game.

He would be my #1 pick if I had a vote.

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2021, 10:42 AM)kalibengal Wrote: Always been a big fan of Jaylon Smith....but that aint happening

I've always liked him too.   It's strange, as he did sign a new contract with them and proceeded to look significantly worse last year; almost like he was lost, which could be attributed to the new scheme.   Right now, he's behind the newly acquired and converted safety Keanu Neal on the depth chart, so they currently have 2 high round picks at lb losing playing time (Vander Esche being the other).  You would think they would be open to trading Jaylon considering the current make-up of the roster, but who knows.    

Like LL and BZ above, I too wanted OJ Howard in that year's draft, and I believe he still might have unlocked upside.  Not to take away from what Ertz has accomplished with the volume he's gotten in their offense, but from a value perspective, I might prefer OJ over him.  
Reply/Quote
I'm waiting to see which receivers get cut. The WR depth for the Bengals is questionable at best. Maybe a guy like Miles Boykin in a crowded Ravens receiver room.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote