Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting Early Season Comparison
Burrow is Brady

Herbert is Palmer.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2021, 09:09 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Also, those Burrow stats in the OP are not up to date. After the JAX game he’s at;

988 yards
9 TD’s 4 INT’s
72.9 cmp%
113.8 passer rating

Like I said earlier, the OP is apples to apples BOTH QBs with 3 game stats.  Cool
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2021, 09:18 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Oh boy these kinds of threads are always such fun. Dalton/Kaep 2.0!

Ugh.

Cry Just drive on by then BPK!  Cool

This thread was wasn't STARTED as 'my dad can beat up your dad' post!

I simply made a point that I don't believe either pick would be a BAD choice! 

It's the couch coaches who weighed in that turned it into that.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2021, 09:39 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Cry Just drive on by then BPK!  Cool

This thread was wasn't STARTED as 'my dad can beat up your dad' post!

I simply made a point that I don't believe either pick would be a BAD choice! 

It's the couch coaches who weighed in that turned it into that.

They never start that way. But soon Herbert will be getting all the attention because LA and soon everyone will be BuT tHaT qB gEtS aTtEnTiOn or HeRbErT hAs ThE bEtTeR whatever and then it'll turn into Dalton/Kaep 2.0 while ignoring everything that made the Dalton/Kaep debate idiotic (i.e: coaching and scheme differences, consistency versus flash in the pan, difference in skill sets and on and on and on).

I'm just getting everyone ready for the fanbase turning on Burrow because of a different toy on the West Coast gets more attention than the QB in the Midwest.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2021, 12:01 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: They never start that way. But soon Herbert will be getting all the attention because LA and soon everyone will be BuT tHaT qB gEtS aTtEnTiOn or HeRbErT hAs ThE bEtTeR whatever and then it'll turn into Dalton/Kaep 2.0 while ignoring everything that made the Dalton/Kaep debate idiotic (i.e: coaching and scheme differences, consistency versus flash in the pan, difference in skill sets and on and on and on).

I'm just getting everyone ready for the fanbase turning on Burrow because of a different toy on the West Coast gets more attention than the QB in the Midwest.

Oh child pleeeeaaaase! 

The only way Bengals fan base turns on Burrow is if he becomes a Tyler Eifert injury mess, OR the team keeps repeating it's 30 year history in the 'outhouse'.

After 4 games:

Burrow - 72.9% - 988yds- 9TDs - 4 picks - 113.8 QBR

Herbert - 68.9% - 1178yds - 9TDs - 3 picks - 100.4 QBR
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2021, 10:53 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Oh child pleeeeaaaase! 

The only way Bengals fan base turns on Burrow is if he becomes a Tyler Eifert injury mess, OR the team keeps repeating it's 30 year history in the 'outhouse'.

After 4 games:

Or if Herbert wins a playoff game before Burrow, which is exactly what happened with Dalton and Kaep.

You can throw the stats at me all day long bud - lord knows we tried to use them to calm the Kaep Crowd down.

Doesn't matter. Some fans just want a different toy even if it isn't better in the long run.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2021, 05:09 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Or if Herbert wins a playoff game before Burrow, which is exactly what happened with Dalton and Kaep.

You can throw the stats at me all day long bud - lord knows we tried to use them to calm the Kaep Crowd down.

Doesn't matter. Some fans just want a different toy even if it isn't better in the long run.

So what?  First of all why are you concerned about 'some' fans, and beside that, if this fan base hasn't figured out the reason behind this franchise's 30 year run without a playoff win, then they are more naive than I assume they are.

The fact that Kap (I can't even get signed as a 3rd string QB in the NFL) happened to be the QB when the 49ers won in the playoffs, made absolutely no difference to me, because the 49ers were the ones who won and went to the SB again because that's what franchise does, and the Bengals don't.  Wink
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2021, 10:03 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: So what?  First of all why are you concerned about 'some' fans, and beside that, if this fan base hasn't figured out the reason behind this franchise's 30 year run without a playoff win, then they are more naive than I assume they are.

The fact that Kap (I can't even get signed as a 3rd string QB in the NFL) happened to be the QB when the 49ers won in the playoffs, made absolutely no difference to me, because the 49ers were the ones who won and went to the SB again because that's what franchise does, and the Bengals don't.  Wink

I'm not concerned with what they think. I'm annoyed at the prospect of another few years of a meaningless and pointless argument about it taking up the front page of this here board because some fans are idiots and easily distracted.

This thread is just a precursor to it, so it's getting the sum of my aggravation for the time being.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2021, 05:09 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Or if Herbert wins a playoff game before Burrow, which is exactly what happened with Dalton and Kaep.

The Chargers look really, really good.  My money is on them winning a playoff game before we do.  
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2021, 10:53 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Oh child pleeeeaaaase! 

After 4 games:

Both are playing well  lets look at who they played

VS
Minnesota   1-3
Chicago       2-2
Pittsburgh     1-3
Jacksonville  0-4

Washington   2-2
Cowboys       3-1
Chiefs           2-2
Raiders         3-1
Reply/Quote
That damned Bears game.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2021, 11:40 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Both are playing well  lets look at who they played

Burrow - 72.9% - 988yds- 9TDs - 4 picks - 113.8 QBR*
VS
Minnesota   1-3
Chicago       2-2
Pittsburgh     1-3
Jacksonville  0-4

Herbert - 68.9% - 1178yds - 9TDs - 3 picks - 100.4 QBR*
Washington   2-2
Cowboys       3-1
Chiefs           2-2
Raiders         3-1

*passer rating

QBR is a entirely different thing.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2021, 12:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: *passer rating

QBR is a entirely different thing.

Here is the ESPN QBR breakdown per QBR with all the other stats added after 4 games.

Herbert 5th
Burrow 19th

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32071373/nfl-quarterback-rankings-2021-how-all-32-teams-qbs-stack-weekly-big-takeaways
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2021, 02:09 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Here is the ESPN QBR breakdown per QBR with all the other stats added after 4 games.

Herbert 5th
Burrow 19th

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32071373/nfl-quarterback-rankings-2021-how-all-32-teams-qbs-stack-weekly-big-takeaways

That's the fun thing about these subjective "stats/grades". QBR has him 19th. PFF grade has him #5.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2021, 02:16 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That's the fun thing about these subjective "stats/grades". QBR has him 19th. PFF grade has him #5.

Link?
Reply/Quote
Burrow's yardage isn't great (20th in league), but that's because he has only the 29th most pass attempts in the league at 107.
Herbert has 164.
That's basically two extra games compared to Burrow.

If Burrow had as many attempts as Herbert has, he'd probably be around 1500 yards passing and 12+ TDs.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2021, 02:43 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Link?

My mistake. PFF has him at #6.

[Image: burrow-grades.jpg]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2021, 03:48 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Burrow's yardage isn't great (20th in league), but that's because he has only the 29th most pass attempts in the league at 107.
Herbert has 164.
That's basically two extra games compared to Burrow.

If Burrow had as many attempts as Herbert has, he'd probably be around 1500 yards passing and 12+ TDs.

If 'ifs' and 'ands' were pots and pans the world would be a kitchen!  Hilarious

My whole point to the OP was to make the concession, after hindsight, that I don't think either pick would have been a mistake, as Zac was looking hard at Herbert, because they are close and similar in many ways and seem to be probable leaders and franchise QBs.

But, just like Big Papa says, too many in here turn it in to a 'my dad is better than your dad', it just so happens BPK gets quite stressed and irritated by it!Shocked

Sorry BPK, just keeping it real!
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2021, 04:17 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: My mistake. PFF has him at #6.

[Image: burrow-grades.jpg]

. . . and Herbert at #4.  WAIT!!!  Does that mean I think Herbert is BETTER than Burrow?  No.  It just seals my OP that NEITHER QB would have been a mistake first draft pick in 2020 for this franchise!!  THAT'S IT!!
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2021, 04:21 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: . . . and Herbert at #4.  WAIT!!!  Does that mean I think Herbert is BETTER than Burrow?  No.  It just seals my OP that NEITHER QB would have been a mistake first draft pick in 2020 for this franchise!!  THAT'S IT!!

Yep. They're both good. I was just pointing out how funny it is that ESPN has him 19th, when passer rating and PFF have him top 10. Plus, passer rating and PFF have Burrow and Herbert being similar while QBR has them pretty far apart.

Reply/Quote