Interesting Snap Count Stats from Dallas Game
At LB:
Pratt - 40 snaps
Bynes - 36 snaps
Bailey - 8 snaps
Wilson - 8 snaps
Evans - 5 snaps
ADG - 5 snaps

Wilson is CLEARLY the future at LB. Yet he plays 8 snaps...which is 16% of the snaps.

AT O-Line:
Adeniji played 10 snaps. He got benched after 10 snaps.

At RB:
Perrine - 28 snaps
Williams - 27 snaps
Bernard - 17

Defensive Line:
Atkins - 7 snaps

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
Hard to win DROY like that lol
Reply/Quote
With 2.5 wins, why not develop the rookies? Zac is playing to win.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 12:36 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: With 2.5 wins, why not develop the rookies? Zac is playing to win.

That’s funny, Zac “trying to win” resulted in the most embarrassing loss of his head coaching career
Reply/Quote
Taylor keeps playing same guys as we lose all our games. . .

"WTF is Taylor doing? These guys are not winning. He needs to paly different guys!!"

Taylor benches guys as we lose all our games. . .

"WTF is Taylor doing? He needs to keep playing the same guys so they can get better!!"
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 12:36 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: With 2.5 wins, why not develop the rookies? Zac is playing to win.

Because he probably feels his seat warming up and it does him zero good to develop young players for the next HC.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 11:48 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: At LB:
Pratt - 40 snaps
Bynes - 36 snaps
Bailey - 8 snaps
Wilson - 8 snaps
Evans - 5 snaps
ADG - 5 snaps

Wilson is CLEARLY the future at LB. Yet he plays 8 snaps...which is 16% of the snaps.

AT O-Line:
Adeniji played 10 snaps. He got benched after 10 snaps.

At RB:
Perrine - 28 snaps
Williams - 27 snaps
Bernard - 17

Defensive Line:
Atkins - 7 snaps

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I didn't even see Bailey out there?  Was he only on ST?  Did anyone notice?  Didn't make the stat sheet.  I would much rather see him over Bynes at this point and Rose over Sims.  And why was Kareem only out there 8 snaps?  Geez.  
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 01:25 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I didn't even see Bailey out there?  Was he only on ST?  Did anyone notice?  Didn't make the stat sheet.  I would much rather see him over Bynes at this point and Rose over Sims.  And why was Kareem only out there 8 snaps?  Geez.  

Yeah. I think Wilson is our best LB.

Bynes is slow and meh. I'd play Pratt and Wilson.

But, 8 snaps for Wilson! 8!
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 01:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Taylor keeps playing same guys as we lose all our games.  .  .  

"WTF is Taylor doing?  These guys are not winning.  He needs to paly different guys!!"

Taylor benches guys as we lose all our games.  .  .  

"WTF is Taylor doing?  He needs to keep playing the same guys so they can get better!!"

Guess why that is.

Probably because he hasn't been successful doing it either way. 

Its hard to have a pity party for him when pretty much nothing he does works.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 01:35 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah. I think Wilson is our best LB.

Bynes is slow and meh. I'd play Pratt and Wilson.

But, 8 snaps for Wilson! 8!

Stupid as 8 snaps for Kareem.  I don't get it.  I thought they would be moving Hubbard inside more, and lining up with Lawson and Kareem outside.  
Reply/Quote
Interesting thread counts from jungle noise:

I can see a total of 19 threads on page 1. 9 of them created by PISTONS. I say go for 19 of 19 at this point.
Reply/Quote
I'll just keep saying it - the stupid hybrid defense is both not stopping anyone and holding back the development of our young LBers. We should be using either a 4-3 or 3-4 and sticking to it so our LBers have realistic amounts of ground to cover. If 4-3 flank Bynes with Wilson and Pratt. If 3-4 Bynes and Pratt inside and Wilson and ADG outside.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 02:53 PM)Joelist Wrote: I'll just keep saying it - the stupid hybrid defense is both not stopping anyone and holding back the development of our young LBers. We should be using either a 4-3 or 3-4 and sticking to it so our LBers have realistic amounts of ground to cover. If 4-3 flank Bynes with Wilson and Pratt. If 3-4 Bynes and Pratt inside and Wilson and ADG outside.

The defensive scheme is not the problem every team in the NFL does the same thing.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Based on this snap count, and I started wondering it as the game played out anyways, but you have to wonder if the goal isn’t to lose out. Or perhaps now that we have the 1.5 game lead, we win one but ensure we don’t win any more. Perhaps Zac is intentionally doing this since burrow went down. I don’t know that previous snap counts indicated this “suck for Sewell” narrative but this is getting close enough to where even a zac supporter like me starts to tilt my head at the numbers. Atkins, I haven’t really balked at but only because we all know he needs surgery and don’t want him to have that injury turn from bad to worse.

If the above is true, I honestly think I’d join the “sack zac” bandwagon only because it would be counter to what he’s been preaching. I hope that’s not the case. Us as fans wanting to suck for Sewell I can palate. Especially since I’m in that crowd at this point. We obviously need to pick high based on record, but I also see it as somewhat of a gift because like last year, if our team were healthy with the expected starters I don’t honestly see top five picks either year.

Who knows, perhaps this is the real way to build a dynasty? Seems dirty to me if it’s true, and not something I’d be proud to stand behind if I were a coach, which clearly I’m not :)
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 03:03 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: Based on this snap count, and I started wondering it as the game played out anyways, but you have to wonder if the goal isn’t to lose out. Or perhaps now that we have the 1.5 game lead, we win one but ensure we don’t win any more. Perhaps Zac is intentionally doing this since burrow went down. I don’t know that previous snap counts indicated this “suck for Sewell” narrative but this is getting close enough to where even a zac supporter like me starts to tilt my head at the numbers. Atkins, I haven’t really balked at but only because we all know he needs surgery and don’t want him to have that injury turn from bad to worse.

If the above is true, I honestly think I’d join the “sack zac” bandwagon only because it would be counter to what he’s been preaching. I hope that’s not the case. Us as fans wanting to suck for Sewell I can palate. Especially since I’m in that crowd at this point. We obviously need to pick high based on record, but I also see it as somewhat of a gift because like last year, if our team were healthy with the expected starters I don’t honestly see top five picks either year.

Who knows, perhaps this is the real way to build a dynasty? Seems dirty to me if it’s true, and not something I’d be proud to stand behind if I were a coach, which clearly I’m not :)

I'm no longer a Zac supporter (and haven't been since the first few games of this season), so I guess I'm biased.  But I just don't see him as being an evil genius.  I suspect he's genuinely trying to win and simply cannot.  He's about to close this season out with the most abysmal record.  To think he'd lose on purpose for two years in a row to try and move up a few spots in the draft doesn't compute for me.  Last year you could make the argument of tanking to get Burrow.  But I just can't wrap my head around him actually trying to do that a second year in a row.  I think he's just a downright awful coach and that's all their is to it.  
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 01:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Taylor keeps playing same guys as we lose all our games.  .  .  

"WTF is Taylor doing?  These guys are not winning.  He needs to paly different guys!!"

Taylor benches guys as we lose all our games.  .  .  

"WTF is Taylor doing?  He needs to keep playing the same guys so they can get better!!"

Because it is wrong how he does everything. 

"You need to pour something on that fire"
"Ok, here is some gasoline."
"No, Not that!!!"
"But I'm doing something."

Be successful and people wouldn't question you as much. Several coaches in the league have more playoff wins than regular games Taylor has won, period. Who was worst than the Bengals last year, but how many replaced their coach? How many of those first year coaches have a worst record this year? Who in the past two years has been worse? 
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 03:03 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: Based on this snap count, and I started wondering it as the game played out anyways, but you have to wonder if the goal isn’t to lose out. Or perhaps now that we have the 1.5 game lead, we win one but ensure we don’t win any more. Perhaps Zac is intentionally doing this since burrow went down. I don’t know that previous snap counts indicated this “suck for Sewell” narrative but this is getting close enough to where even a zac supporter like me starts to tilt my head at the numbers. Atkins, I haven’t really balked at but only because we all know he needs surgery and don’t want him to have that injury turn from bad to worse.

I think it's the opposite. Coaches play veterans to try to win. He's feeling the heat from the press about his job.

I think the staff has their favorites and play them. And I think the staff is bad at evaluating talent.

Once, you're down by 2-3 scores against Dallas, IF you were trying to lose...wouldn't you play the Logan Wilson's of the world then?

On Sewell, he has potential off the charts, but he's going to take a ton of development. He's not going to come in and be the best LT in the NFL day 1. He's a 20 year old kid that hasn't played in an entire season.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 02:51 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Interesting thread counts from jungle noise:

I can see a total of 19 threads on page 1. 9 of them created by PISTONS. I say go for 19 of 19 at this point.

My goal was to put up more threads than Zac put up points against Dallas! I EASILY exceeded that!
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 03:10 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: I'm no longer a Zac supporter (and haven't been since the first few games of this season), so I guess I'm biased.  But I just don't see him as being an evil genius.  I suspect he's genuinely trying to win and simply cannot.  He's about to close this season out with the most abysmal record.  To think he'd lose on purpose for two years in a row to try and move up a few spots in the draft doesn't compute for me.  Last year you could make the argument of tanking to get Burrow.  But I just can't wrap my head around him actually trying to do that a second year in a row.  I think he's just a downright awful coach and that's all their is to it.  

Yep. He's inept. Couldn't win with Burrow. He's sure not going to win with Allen putting up 7 points a game.

We legit haven't scored a single 3rd quarter point since Week 7! If that doesn't show we're getting outcoached, I don't know what does.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 03:30 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: My goal was to put up more threads than Zac put up points against Dallas! I EASILY exceeded that!

Gotta shoot higher than that... try to match his loss total, tall order!
Reply/Quote