Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Interesting Stats - Post Stats in this Thread that you think are interesting
(02-23-2022, 11:44 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: On the Rushing side, for regular season:

Our Yards Before Contact was 2.2 ypc...which only 5 teams were worse.

Yards After Contact was 1.8 ypc...which was middle of the pack.

Broken Tackles was 36 which was towards the top third of the league.

Rush attempts per broken tackle was 12.1 which was also towards the third of the league.

My Analysis: While everyone focuses on pass blocking, our line may be worse at run blocking...atleast during the regular season.

Fix the rushing attack and this offense is a nightmare to defend. Mixon is being underutilized because they can’t run it like they need to
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2022, 02:53 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Fix the rushing attack and this offense is a nightmare to defend. Mixon is being underutilized because they can’t run it like they need to

The stats bear that out.
Reply/Quote
Dalton's 4 playoff games:

88/158 (55.7%)
873 yards
1 TD
6 INT
57.8 rating
12 sacks

Palmer/Kitna/McCarron's 3 playoff games:

66/118 (55.9%)
621 yards
3 TD
4 INT
65.0 rating
10 sacks

Burrow's 4 playoff games:

97/142 (68.3%)
1105 yards
5 TD
2 INT
97.3 rating
19 sacks
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2022, 01:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't think people are paying enough attention to this.

It is true that other than "sacks" many of the pass rush stats are "middle of the pack", but the fact that opponents are able to get that much pressure without blitzing makes it a lot worse. Burrow is one of the best QBs in the league against the blitz. It is a shame we can't force opponents to blitz in order to get pressure.

Don’t worry

This will change next year.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
I have a 0% win rate on getting back in time for the second half after going to take a piss at PBS.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
Joe Burrow was sacked 32 times in 12 games at LSU his senior year. When you think about the games against inferior opponents where he may not have played the whole game, that's pretty eye opening.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2022, 11:44 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: On the Rushing side, for regular season:

Our Yards Before Contact was 2.2 ypc...which only 5 teams were worse.

Yards After Contact was 1.8 ypc...which was middle of the pack.

Broken Tackles was 36 which was towards the top third of the league.

Rush attempts per broken tackle was 12.1 which was also towards the third of the league.

My Analysis: While everyone focuses on pass blocking, our line may be worse at run blocking...atleast during the regular season.

There is no doubt the run blocking is worse. It's been an issue for quite some time, actually. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
We scored 15 + points in a team record 22 games in a row all last season.
Reply/Quote
We are the youngest team in the NFL
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-23-2022, 11:41 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: These are regular season numbers.

So we had 555 pass attempts. Opponents only blitzed us 132 times. Only 3 teams were blitzed less (Chiefs, Lions, and 49ers.)

Times hurried was 48 which was on the low end. Probably low quartile.
Times hit was 50 which was right in the middle. The high was 85. The low 23. I'd say most teams were in the 40 to 50 range.
Pressures were 153 which is right in the middle.
Pressure % was 24.2% - 11 teams were worse. (The worst team was pressured 28.3% of the time.) The Bills with Josh Allen were pressured 25.5% of the time. Eagles 26.1%. Titans 23.6%. I will say though, that generally the good teams have a lower percent with these outliers.
Sacks - 55 which is 3rd worst.

Average pocket time which is defined as the average amt of time a QB has in the pocket before throwing the ball or collapsing the pocked was 2.3 seconds. Which is the same as a bunch of teams. Some were worse, some better.

My Analysis - We need to improve the offensive line. No doubt. But the narrative that Burrow will be the next Andrew Luck is a bit overblown. He's not really getting hit far more than other QB's. Although, our sack numbers are really high.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2021/advanced.htm

Bengals are the 4th least blitzed team yet gave up the 3rd most sacks, Wow that's worse than I thought 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2022, 02:53 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Fix the rushing attack and this offense is a nightmare to defend. Mixon is being underutilized because they can’t run it like they need to

This ^^^^^^^^^^

if Bengals can run the ball and force more defenders in the box, then Burrow will kill teams with this WR group. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2022, 10:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We are the youngest team in the NFL

Thats exciting 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
[Image: FMVEvxMXsAYJjeM?format=jpg&name=medium]

Reply/Quote
(02-23-2022, 01:56 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: This one goes out to the people that re like 'Trade Tyler Boyd...we don't need him!':

YAC:
Higgins: 290 yards (3.8 per catch yac)
Boyd: 389 yards (5.8 per catch yac)
Chase: 651 yards (8.0 per catch yac)

Higgins yards before catch was 801. Chase's was 804. That's the distance the ball was in the air before caught.

I am now people?  I kinda like that... 

Here's the on scene reporter's take, April 29th, 2022....

"BENGALS OFFENSE EVEN MORE POTENT IN 2022?"
"Along with 3 key free agent linemen signings, the 2nd Round is a treasure trove for Burrow."
"With the 50th pick acquired via trade from the Miami Dolphins for WR3 Tyler Boyd, the Cincinnati Bengals selected Trey McBride, the #1 TE in the nation establishing the new Gronk-Brady combo for the next decade. The Bengals continued to shower Joe Burrow with the electric slot receiver Wan'Dale Robinson and his 4.3 speed to replace Tyler Boyd's 4.6 and for $9M LESS per year.  It seems the Bengals are finally understanding what it takes to build an annual contender...back to SportsCenter..."
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2022, 11:31 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Bengals are the 4th least blitzed team yet gave up the 3rd most sacks, Wow that's worse than I thought 

This right here shows how bad the line is. All those sacks with very little blitzing.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote