Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting read from Albert Hainsworth
Thanks Nati for the link to the site..
Albert Hainsworth became a pariah among D linemen and the Washington faithful, but his take is a bit different from the usual nonsense we typically read about players who "wash out". It seems Shanahan washed Albert out..
http://www.theplayerstribune.com/albert-haynesworth-letter-to-my-younger-self/
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2016, 12:04 AM)grampahol Wrote: Thanks Nati for the link to the site..
Albert Hainsworth became a pariah among D linemen and the Washington faithful, but his take is a bit different from the usual nonsense we typically read about players who "wash out". It seems Shanahan washed Albert out..
http://www.theplayerstribune.com/albert-haynesworth-letter-to-my-younger-self/

Well that is his take on himself.. here is a link that spins it a bit different

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000271480/article/chris-cooley-albert-haynesworth-an-awful-human 
Reply/Quote
either way he was lazy. your making that type of $ you get your ass in shape and perform on game days.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
The biggest take away I got from the article was he lost interest in the game when Shanahan only wanted him to occupy the center. I probably would too. It's easy to spin it anyway you want, lazy, blah blah blah, but once it's just no longer fun and your financial advisor has lost all your money..well..time to find something that makes you happy.
It's not always about the money. I don't have much money at all and I'm the happiest I've ever been in my life. Great woman, nice house on the lake, my own wood shop to make stuff.. Sure beats getting clobbered every week for a living and having people criticize you non-stop..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2016, 04:31 PM)grampahol Wrote: The biggest take away I got from the article was he lost interest in the game when Shanahan only wanted him to occupy the center. I probably would too. It's easy to spin it anyway you want,  lazy, blah blah blah, but once it's just no longer fun and your financial advisor has lost all your money..well..time to find something that makes you happy.
It's not always about the money. I don't have much money at all and I'm the happiest I've ever been in my life. Great woman,  nice house on the lake, my own wood shop to make stuff.. Sure beats getting clobbered every week for a living and having people criticize you non-stop..

his track record was not good even before the Redskins.. you look back at articles and he had issues throughout his career,, I just don;t think he is accepting much blame and shifting his lack of success on Shanahan which I just don;t buy that much of it.
Reply/Quote
Mike Shannan didn't know how to deal with divas and it cost him in Washington.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2016, 09:39 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: his track record was not good even before the Redskins.. you look back at articles and he had issues throughout his career,, I just don;t think he is accepting much blame and shifting his lack of success on Shanahan which I just don;t buy that much of it.

Agreed. Haynesworth was notorious for not giving it all when he was with the Titans. Teammates noted they didn't see him give 100% until 2007 when he was approaching free agency. Suddenly he stepped it up. He kept it up in 2008 while under the tag nd then got that deal. He was okay in his first year with Washington, but then the wheels came off.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2016, 04:19 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Agreed. Haynesworth was notorious for not giving it all when he was with the Titans. Teammates noted they didn't see him give 100% until 2007 when he was approaching free agency. Suddenly he stepped it up. He kept it up in 2008 while under the tag nd then got that deal. He was okay in his first year with Washington, but then the wheels came off.

This exactly.  He was a lazy head case even in college at UT.

In the NFL he had 14.5 sacks in his two contract years ('07-'08), and a total of 16 in his other 8 seasons.

He also kept getting in trouble off the field as well.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2016, 11:56 AM)J24 Wrote: Mike Shannan didn't know how to deal with divas and it cost him in Washington.

He knew how to handle divas.  The problem was that the owner pulled rank on him.  A coach can not control a player when the owner supports the player over the coach.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2016, 11:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He knew how to handle divas.  The problem was that the owner pulled rank on him.  A coach can not control a player when the owner supports the player over the coach.

Exactly.

I don't know if he ever even lost any game time in Washington (except when he just felt like sitting out for a while).
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2016, 04:57 AM)magikod Wrote: either way he was lazy. your making that type of $ you get your ass in shape and perform on game days.

Signed a 100 mil dollar contract to be a 4-3 DT...

Year 2 they switch it to a 3-4    

Team was dumb with that one.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2016, 10:13 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Signed a 100 mil dollar contract to be a 4-3 DT...

they probably realised after one year, he was a head case and switched... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2016, 10:13 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Signed a 100 mil dollar contract to be a 4-3 DT...

Switch to 3-4 had nothing to do with his decline in play.  He didn't do anything even when they were still in 4-3.
Reply/Quote

Or he could've manned up and learned to play NT in a 3-4. He decided to act like a baby.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote