Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interview with Joe Burrows Dad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR4LPe_NgXc&feature=emb_err_woyt

Most interesting comment from the interview:

Host: "it was a brutal injury - ACL, MCL, partial tears to the PCL, meniscus...how tough is this rehab?"

Burrow's Dad: "its a 9 month process ...some of the things that were reported in the press, some of the things that you just said weren't exactly how it went...I won't get into details."
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2020, 01:01 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR4LPe_NgXc&feature=emb_err_woyt

Most interesting comment from the interview:

Host: "it was a brutal injury - ACL, MCL, partial tears to the PCL, meniscus...how tough is this rehab?"

Burrow's Dad: "its a 9 month process ...some of the things that were reported in the press, some of the things that you just said weren't exactly how it went...I won't get into details."

So as usual, the press overblew the injury.....
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2020, 01:08 PM)Sled21 Wrote: So as usual, the press overblew the injury.....

How would the press even know? Isn't it illegal to disclose medical information unless the patient is OK with it? You know, that whole HIPPA thing? Maybe its different for NFL injuries. Sounds like the press was purely speculating. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2020, 01:08 PM)Sled21 Wrote: So as usual, the press overblew the injury.....

Did you see where he said it was a brutal injury? I think it was actually worse.
Reply/Quote
Good interview with Joe's dad.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2020, 01:13 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Did you see where he said it was a brutal injury? I think it was actually worse.

Um....that was the *host* that said that.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
The press is ridiculous as usual. I trust the dad more than I do ZT in him saying 9 months.

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2020, 01:12 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: How would the press even know? Isn't it illegal to disclose medical information unless the patient is OK with it? You know, that whole HIPPA thing? Maybe its different for NFL injuries. Sounds like the press was purely speculating. 

Exactly. Something like this happens, and the sportswriters either go to a "doctor", who knows nothing about the case other than watching the film and guessing, and reports what that doctor "thinks" happened, or they just make crap up and people run with it like it's gospel. HIPPA applies to NFL players just like everyone else. Until Joe tells us what happened, or releases his doctor to tell us, no one really knows.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2020, 02:44 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: The press is ridiculous as usual. I trust the dad more than I do ZT in him saying 9 months.

It's a 9-12 month recovery timeframe. If all goes well, which it should...should be 9 months. I don't think anyone can give definite measures until he starts the rehab and goes through it and they see how he responds.

With the way science and rehab is, I too tend to feel optimistic on the lower end of time estimates. Also, being a QB and not a RB helps a lot too. QB's have lesser demands on the knee obviously.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2020, 03:25 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's a 9-12 month recovery timeframe. If all goes well, which it should...should be 9 months. I don't think anyone can give definite measures until he starts the rehab and goes through it and they see how he responds.

With the way science and rehab is, I too tend to feel optimistic on the lower end of time estimates. Also, being a QB and not a RB helps a lot too. QB's have lesser demands on the knee obviously.

Plus it being his lead leg and not his plant leg, he won't be putting as much pressure on it in rehab. 
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2020, 03:30 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Plus it being his lead leg and not his plant leg, he won't be putting as much pressure on it in rehab. 

Yep. I feel pretty optimistic about it overall.

I think the real 'cost' of this injury isn't if he can play or not next season. It's how much can he work on his throwing power and chemistry with receivers this offseason. That's the real cost.

While I was happy overall with his play this year, he definately has things he needs to improve on and he'd be the 1st to tell us that.
Reply/Quote
Didn’t a similar thing happen with Palmer and his surgeon? The surgeon overblew the severity to the media?
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2020, 03:40 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Didn’t a similar thing happen with Palmer and his surgeon? The surgeon overblew the severity to the media?

My guess, is he's referring to some of the people on ESPN who said Burrow should sit out next year to heal correctly. There were atleast a couple who said that.

Which is ridiculous. He'll play next year. Maybe game 1. Maybe not. But, he'll play.
Reply/Quote
It's "HIPAA" people!
Reply/Quote

We really aren't going to know that for another 8+ months or so, are we?  I think you might be overblowing how overblown this is.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2020, 04:15 PM)Nately120 Wrote: We really aren't going to know that for another 8+ months or so, are we?  I think you might be overblowing how overblown this is.

I feel like your post is in proportion.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2020, 04:15 PM)Nately120 Wrote: We really aren't going to know that for another 8+ months or so, are we?  I think you might be overblowing how overblown this is.

His father just basically said the injury reports were wrong....
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2020, 06:23 PM)Sled21 Wrote: His father just basically said the injury reports were wrong....

What did the injury reports even say?  Because according to his father they're in a 9-month process which takes us into mid September all the entire pre-season and some regular season games lost.  That seems like a pretty rough timeline and would indicate that this injury is worse than the Palmer one, which seems to be our plumb line since we aren't doctors and even doctors and the rehab folks can only toss out educated timelines.

I have to admit I got a little burned out on the "screw the media" narrative after we complained about them blowing out of proportion how much this franchise stunk and how Burrow should fear it and now we are wondering if we are going to go into 2021 with the worst HC to coach at the helm yet again.  Oy.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2020, 01:13 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Did you see where he said it was a brutal injury? I think it was actually worse.

Yup! I still say you wont see him next year...

That is just my opinion, but I know how things go here.. Hell, AJ and Geno never healed.  How anyone can have total faith that he will be back at the earliest is beyond me.. Shit, Mixons another 1...
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2020, 06:46 PM)Nately120 Wrote: What did the injury reports even say?  Because according to his father they're in a 9-month process which takes us into mid September all the entire pre-season and some regular season games lost.  That seems like a pretty rough timeline and would indicate that this injury is worse than the Palmer one, which seems to be our plumb line since we aren't doctors and even doctors and the rehab folks can only toss out educated timelines.

I have to admit I got a little burned out on the "screw the media" narrative after we complained about them blowing out of proportion how much this franchise stunk and how Burrow should fear it and now we are wondering if we are going to go into 2021 with the worst HC to coach at the helm yet again.  Oy.

That's why I think they keep Zac...or the excuse for it atleast. New coach equals new system. They wont want to switch syatems.
Reply/Quote