Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interview with Joe Burrows Dad
(12-17-2020, 07:25 PM)Tony Wrote: Yup! I still say you wont see him next year...

That is just my opinion, but I know how things go here.. Hell, AJ and Geno never healed.  How anyone can have total faith that he will be back at the earliest is beyond me.. Shit, Mixons another 1...

What the H are you even talking about. Geno is just now going to have his surgery. Gio was back ahead of schedule with his knee. How can you have total faith he won't be... it's obviously a crapshoot.
Reply/Quote
He’ll be back at some point next year. Worst case scenario he misses like half the season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2020, 08:21 PM)Sled21 Wrote: What the H are you even talking about. Geno is just now going to have his surgery. Gio was back ahead of schedule with his knee. How can you have total faith he won't be... it's obviously a crapshoot.

Not total faith he will miss any games next year,  but this is the Bengals we are talking about here...
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2020, 08:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’ll be back at some point next year. Worst case scenario he misses like half the season.

That would probably be the best bet to make if you were betting on it. Week 8.. 
Reply/Quote
Well I know it’s been said a thousand times- but if you didn’t think Zac couldn’t get any worse- welcome to this season. It’s nearly improbable that this organization could screw things up this bad- yet here we are. Zac should’ve been fired the day Joe got hurt. Idk if this has anything to do with the topic but it needs to be said every opportunity. I mean we’re looking at another two seasons minimum before things turn around with Zac. Just seems like such a waste of time. Such a waste of time!!
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2020, 11:45 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Well I know it’s been said a thousand times- but if you didn’t think Zac couldn’t get any worse- welcome to this season. It’s nearly improbable that this organization could screw things up this bad- yet here we are. Zac should’ve been fired the day Joe got hurt. Idk if this has anything to do with the topic but it needs to be said every opportunity. I mean we’re looking at another two seasons minimum before things turn around with Zac. Just seems like such a waste of time. Such a waste of time!!

The choice between now and 2022 is clear: Either trade Joe or fire Zac. If one stays the other must go. If both men stay Joe Burrow will spend the entire span of his rookie contract with zero playoff appearances. If it were up to me I would keep Joe.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2020, 07:51 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That's why I think they keep Zac...or the excuse for it atleast. New coach equals new system. They wont want to switch syatems.

Ug. That's a depressing thought. Keeping a failed system and the coaches that it came with because not wanting to change to one that's better.

Sounds like the typical Mike Brown thinking process we've all come to know and loath.

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2020, 11:26 PM)Tony Wrote: Not total faith he will miss any games next year,  but this is the Bengals we are talking about here...

Why are you posting on a fan page if you are just tearing down the team for nothing. Carson Palmer was back on schedule with his knee. Gio was back on time with his knee. Plenty of Bengals have come back on time or ahead of schedule. The Bengals have the NFL Trainer of the Year on their staff in Paul Sparling . Nick Cosgray is very well thought of in that world as well. Joe had THE best surgeon possible to do his surgery. He's in a great place and has a great staff to rehab with.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2020, 11:45 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Well I know it’s been said a thousand times- but if you didn’t think Zac couldn’t get any worse- welcome to this season. It’s nearly improbable that this organization could screw things up this bad- yet here we are. Zac should’ve been fired the day Joe got hurt. Idk if this has anything to do with the topic but it needs to be said every opportunity. I mean we’re looking at another two seasons minimum before things turn around with Zac. Just seems like such a waste of time. Such a waste of time!!

Two to three seasons to turn things around with a competent head coach and staff and an excellent general manager.

It is not getting turned around with the current group running this failed organization.
Reply/Quote
I think he's referrring to some of the initial reports that were coming out right after the game. There were definitely some "doom and gloom" scenarios being floated that afternoon, before any of the details were released.

Ever since then, every single report I've seen has given a 9-12 recovery time. Even Joe's doctor just stated "9 months minimum".

The only person I've seen deviate from this projection is one of our members on here, who said it will be "signifcantly quicker" because Joe is basically a super healer.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2020, 11:45 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Well I know it’s been said a thousand times- but if you didn’t think Zac couldn’t get any worse- welcome to this season. It’s nearly improbable that this organization could screw things up this bad- yet here we are. Zac should’ve been fired the day Joe got hurt. Idk if this has anything to do with the topic but it needs to be said every opportunity. I mean we’re looking at another two seasons minimum before things turn around with Zac. Just seems like such a waste of time. Such a waste of time!!

2.5 wins would have been WAY better than 2.5 wins and a QB with a shredded knee.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2020, 09:19 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Why are you posting on a fan page if you are just tearing down the team for nothing. Carson Palmer was back on schedule with his knee. Gio was back on time with his knee. Plenty of Bengals have come back on time or ahead of schedule. The Bengals have the NFL Trainer of the Year on their staff in Paul Sparling . Nick Cosgray is very well thought of in that world as well. Joe had THE best surgeon possible to do his surgery. He's in a great place and has a great staff to rehab with.

Tony is nothing but a straight up troll.

Check out this thread where he tries to claim that the "consensus of 99% of the experts" is that Burrow will not even play in 2021.

Burrow Rehab time / QB options (thebengalsboard.com)

Lots of people called him out for making up that huge lie.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2020, 11:57 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I think he's referrring to some of the initial reports that were coming out right after the game.  There were definitely some "doom and gloom" scenarios being floated that afternoon, before any of the details were released.

Ever since then, every single report I've seen has given a 9-12 recovery time.  Even Joe's doctor just stated "9 months minimum".

The only person I've seen deviate from this projection is one of our members on here, who said it will be "signifcantly quicker" because Joe is basically a super healer.

There has been a flip side to that as well.... saying he won't play at all next year.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2020, 03:46 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: My guess, is he's referring to some of the people on ESPN who said Burrow should sit out next year to heal correctly. There were atleast a couple who said that.

Which is ridiculous. He'll play next year. Maybe game 1. Maybe not. But, he'll play.

i would rather him sit for a year if thats what is needed than bring him back before hes 100% ready and risk losing him premenatly.

Not likely he will wait that long especially if the brillant ZT is still here.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2020, 12:53 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: i would rather him sit for a year if thats what is needed than bring him back before hes 100% ready and risk losing him premenatly.

Not likely he will wait that long especially if the brillant ZT is still here.

My big fear is that he starts working out on mechanics while his knee is still sore and it messes his throwing mechanics up. Part of his rehab will have to be patience.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2020, 02:44 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: The press is ridiculous as usual. I trust the dad more than I do ZT in him saying 9 months.

Very much. Almost unwatchable at this point. I remember when Burrow was going to refuse to play for us. Those were the days. Gotta love an honest media.
Reply/Quote
Did you hear the part of the interview where he was talking about Zac?

"I heard Joe gets along with Zac quite well"

"Oh yes, in fact he has a bunch of Glad bags in the kitchen and whenever he wraps up leftovers he will tell the family "Don't forget to Sack The Zac... I personally cant think the guy can coach himself out of a wet paper bag"
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2020, 11:55 AM)Wyche Wrote: There has been a flip side to that as well.... saying he won't play at all next year.

I doubt that scenario plays out, but IF for some unforeseen reason he hits the 12 month recovery frame...he would be back Dec 2021 which would effectively miss the year. I really doubt that happens. Like I'd say probably doesn't even have a 5% chance of that.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2020, 03:58 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I doubt that scenario plays out, but IF for some unforeseen reason he hits the 12 month recovery frame...he would be back Dec 2021 which would effectively miss the year. I really doubt that happens. Like I'd say probably doesn't even have a 5% chance of that.

Yeah, me too. I'll say that if it gets all the way to December, I'd just leave him on IR at that point. With home being a QB, I think you're looking somewhere around week 3 or 4 as the worst case scenario. Week 1 is best case.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2020, 04:00 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah, me too. I'll say that if it gets all the way to December, I'd just leave him on IR at that point. With home being a QB, I think you're looking somewhere around week 3 or 4 as the worst case scenario. Week 1 is best case.

I do wonder if they keep Zac because of this? Well because they want to, but they use this as a reason.

Switch HC's and Burrow has to learn a new offense and can't really throw or have a preseason. Keep Zac and Burrow can roll out there Week 1 with very little prep. I doubt it plays out that well for us, but man I could see this happening.
Reply/Quote