Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Iowa’s Excellent Center
(11-04-2021, 12:53 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: There’s already a thread for him on the 1st page…

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Iowa%E2%80%99s-Excellent-Center

Tiger
So now you've read them both. Thanks for your time
Reply/Quote
Sure, but hear me out... how about WR Treylon Burks or WR Chris Olave?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2021, 10:03 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Sure, but hear me out... how about WR Treylon Burks or WR Chris Olave?

Don't need another WR unless it's a role guy, like a speedster or big possession guy (like Tate; not sure if he'll continue to stick around next year), IMO.

For that reason, I'd be good with Alex Pierce in the 2nd/3rd.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2021, 12:15 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Don't need another WR unless it's a role guy, like a speedster or big possession guy (like Tate; not sure if he'll continue to stick around next year), IMO.

For that reason, I'd be good with Alex Pierce in the 2nd/3rd.

I didn't think I needed a ninja there, sorry. Lol... I had been a pretty vocal part of the "go OL, go OL, go OL" group.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2021, 12:18 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I didn't think I needed a ninja there, sorry. Lol... I had been a pretty vocal part of the "go OL, go OL, go OL" group.

lol after I posted it, the thought had crossed my mind that you were joking (Olave being from OSU and your post being directly under the faux Smart Guy, made me think that), but it actually wouldn't be a bad pick, if we got a role WR in the 3rd round.

2nd may be a bit too early (as we can still get a good OL or CB or another weaker position), but I'd be cool with the 3rd :)
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 10:51 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm not sure we can just get any early-round pick C that would be an upgrade over Hopkins.
We saw what happened with Billy Price, who was projected to be one of the Top 3 C's in the draft.
He turned out to be worse than Hopkins.

To be fair the Bengals didnt really want Price, they wanted Frank Ragnow but Detroit had to mess everything up by taking Ragnow right before the Bengals pick.  That one hurt.  Could you imagine how much better this O Line would be with Ragnow at Center?  Of course he is out for the season right now so he is not helping Detroit at this point in time either.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 12:28 AM)007BengalsFan Wrote: To be fair the Bengals didnt really want Price, they wanted Frank Ragnow but Detroit had to mess everything up by taking Ragnow right before the Bengals pick.  That one hurt.  Could you imagine how much better this O Line would be with Ragnow at Center?  Of course he is out for the season right now so he is not helping Detroit at this point in time either.

Yea I definitely know they wanted Ragnow. I wanted him too.
With that said, the Bengals shouldn't have reached for Price right at 21.
I had him as a 2nd round talent.
He had some good traits but was limited physically.

They should/could have traded back at least back into the late 20's if they wanted to take Price.
Obviously it takes another team to agree to a trade though, but there was some good talent on the board that I'm sure some team would have been willing to trade up some for.
Isaiah Wynn (one of my favorites), DJ Moore, Calvin Ridley, Sony Michel, Lamar Jackson.

Looking back at that draft, I really wish the Bengals would have taken Mark Andrews where they took Malik Jefferson, but Marvin probably thought they had TE set with Eifert, Kroft, and Uzomah.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I don't see much of a chance Linderbaum gets past Philly.
They have 3 first round picks - their own, MIA, and IND.
Currently, that gives them the 12th, 13th, and 17th pick.
I've seen Linderbaum mocked to PHI in multiple mock drafts this week, some taking him with PHI's first pick (12), some not taking him until the last one (17th).
If the Bengals aren't picking in the Top 15, they might not have a chance to get him.

If they don't have a chance to get Linderbaum, I want a CB (Waynes replacement) or RT (heir/replacement to Reiff).
I'm not seeing another C worth taking in Rd 1 right now.
If I had to guess, the pick will be a CB if not Linderbaum. So many good ones should be available.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2021, 12:55 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I don't see much of a chance Linderbaum gets past Philly.
They have 3 first round picks - their own, MIA, and IND.
Currently, that gives them the 12th, 13th, and 17th pick.
I've seen Linderbaum mocked to PHI in multiple mock drafts this week, some taking him with PHI's first pick (12), some not taking him until the last one (17th).
If the Bengals aren't picking in the Top 15, they might not have a chance to get him.

If they don't have a chance to get Linderbaum, I want a CB (Waynes replacement) or RT (heir/replacement to Reiff).
I'm not seeing another C worth taking in Rd 1 right now.
If I had to guess, the pick will be a CB if not Linderbaum. So many good ones should be available.

It will be an interesting offseason to say the least.  We finally seem to have some decent CB depth as Apple has started playing better and we have some vet guys (Flowers and Hargraves) behind them.  I think a lot depends on if Waynes gets on the field and how plays if he does.  If he has a strong end of the season, I could see him coming back.  If he can't get healthy, you'll almost certainly see a 1st round CB.

I wouldn't get too fixated on those 3 first rounders for Philly, I'd bet at least two of them are gone when they make a trade for a vet QB.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2021, 01:42 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: It will be an interesting offseason to say the least.  We finally seem to have some decent CB depth as Apple has started playing better and we have some vet guys (Flowers and Hargraves) behind them.  I think a lot depends on if Waynes gets on the field and how plays if he does.  If he has a strong end of the season, I could see him coming back.  If he can't get healthy, you'll almost certainly see a 1st round CB.

I wouldn't get too fixated on those 3 first rounders for Philly, I'd bet at least two of them are gone when they make a trade for a vet QB.

Worth noting that all of Apple, Phillips, Flowers, and Hargreaves are ALL set to hit FA this coming offseason.
That's additional cost to keep any of them, as they likely will all want higher money than what they currently are making this year.

As for Philly, I don't know that they'll go after another QB. They may decide by the end of this year that Hurts is the QB they want to roll with.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2021, 02:27 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Worth noting that all of Apple, Phillips, Flowers, and Hargreaves are ALL set to hit FA this coming offseason.
That's additional cost to keep any of them, as they likely will all want higher money than what they currently are making this year.

As for Philly, I don't know that they'll go after another QB. They may decide by the end of this year that Hurts is the QB they want to roll with.

It will be interesting to see what Apple, Phillips and Flowers get.  They weren't exactly sought after free agents when they got cut.

As for Philly, I will be absolutely shocked if Hurts is their starter next year.
Reply/Quote