Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Irv Smith a Bengal
(03-29-2023, 11:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: DaWand Jones should be there. I have seen him go in the 2nd round many times.

Yeah, would love Bijan, but just like Darnell Wright I don't see him falling to us dang it all.

Kincaid is a terrible blocker, doesn't even try sometimes, he is a WR playing TE. Good Receiver, but that is not all we need in a TE.

Darnell Washington or Michael Mayer if we go TE that early for me. Musgrave has the tools but not the production.

Disagree on Bijan, agree on Tyjae.

Bijan is better in blitz pickup than Tyjae from the vids by far, I like what the Senior Bowl staff said about Tyjae though which makes him 
my go to RB in the 2nd to 3rd round with all his skills. Great balance and as you say good hands and his other gear, dude is tough.

Eh, that is a lot of OT's to go in the first. Have seen DaWand Jones falling to the mid to late 2nd with his lack of athleticism and the
fact a lot of giants just don't make it in the NFL. I would take DaWand at 28 and even better trade back if Darnell Wright is gone, but 
hey, just take the guy you like is all I want us to do.
Thanks Nate, that answered a couple of my questions. 
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2023, 09:35 PM)Nepa Wrote: I hope you prove correct. I'd love for some highly regarded OT prospects to fall to the Bengals.

As long as it's not Dawand Jones.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2023, 10:30 PM)Synric Wrote: He has to be talking about Jahmyr Gibbs and he's wrong either way Gibbs is an excellent between the tackles running he just isn't a thumper which is fine. He's closer to Kamara, Ekeler, Aaron Jones skillsets. As for Spears I like Spears but he has alot of Jets Michael Carter to him. 

I will drool all over myself if the Bengals can get Gibbs somewhere in the 2nd.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2023, 05:39 PM)wanga Wrote: Thanks Nate, that answered a couple of my questions. 

You are welcome Wanga, they are just my opinions though, so take them for what that is worth... Rock On
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2023, 05:45 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: As long as it's not Dawand Jones.

What don't you like about DaWand Jones Rfaulk, not athletic enough for yah?

(03-30-2023, 05:47 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I will drool all over myself if the Bengals can get Gibbs somewhere in the 2nd.

Yeah, Gibbs would be that explosive RB/playmaker that could take our Offense to complete other level.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2023, 06:05 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: What don't you like about DaWand Jones Rfaulk, not athletic enough for yah?

Bad feet. Bad technique. Can't change direction in under 60 seconds. Plays Oline for OSU...

There's nothing about him that i like. 

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2023, 06:14 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Bad feet. Bad technique. Can't change direction in under 60 seconds. Plays Oline for OSU...

Cool, definitely can understand those things. His size and strength sure cannot be taught though and he would fit a Power Gap scheme.

Would rather trade back and pick him up or hope he falls to us in the 2nd, but your concerns about him are valid.

I actually like McClendon RT Georgia in the 2nd round for us just as much. Or Bergeron who is a mauler at RT.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2023, 06:14 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Bad feet. Bad technique. Can't change direction in under 60 seconds. Plays Oline for OSU...

Sorry but this is completely ridiculous. The film below completely invalidates your statements without argument.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwncvB3L8cs
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2023, 07:35 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Sorry but this is completely ridiculous. The film below completely invalidates your statements without argument.

that name of yours means you're a bit biased

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2023, 07:50 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: that name of yours means you're a bit biased

I am actually more critical of Ohio State players than I am those from other universities because my expectation is higher for them. There is not really any bias in the tape it shows what it shows.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2023, 07:55 PM)OSUfan Wrote: I am actually more critical of Ohio State players than I am those from other universities because my expectation is higher for them. There is not really any bias in the tape it shows what it shows.

mhmm riiiight

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2023, 10:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Are you sure you're talking about Bijan Robinson? 

No I was thinking of Gibbs my bad thank you for pointing that out.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2023, 11:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: DaWand Jones should be there. I have seen him go in the 2nd round many times.

Yeah, would love Bijan, but just like Darnell Wright I don't see him falling to us dang it all.

Kincaid is a terrible blocker, doesn't even try sometimes, he is a WR playing TE. Good Receiver, but that is not all we need in a TE.

Darnell Washington or Michael Mayer if we go TE that early for me. Musgrave has the tools but not the production.

Disagree on Bijan, agree on Tyjae.

Bijan is better in blitz pickup than Tyjae from the vids by far, I like what the Senior Bowl staff said about Tyjae though which makes him 
my go to RB in the 2nd to 3rd round with all his skills. Great balance and as you say good hands and his other gear, dude is tough.

Eh, that is a lot of OT's to go in the first. Have seen DaWand Jones falling to the mid to late 2nd with his lack of athleticism and the
fact a lot of giants just don't make it in the NFL. I would take DaWand at 28 and even better trade back if Darnell Wright is gone, but 
hey, just take the guy you like is all I want us to do.

You are correct about Bijan I was thinking about Gibbs.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2023, 07:35 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Sorry but this is completely ridiculous. The film below completely invalidates your statements without argument.

Right. When he starts playing real downs in the NFL, then we'll see how completely ridiculous it is. 

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2023, 03:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Everyone who is worried about all the best TEs getting taken in the 1st round should consider that in last year's draft the 1st TE wasn't taken until the 55th pick of the second round, and only a total of 4 TEs selected in the first 3 rounds.

That TE at #55 is the guy the Bengals were targeting #63. Last year's draft definitely didn't go the way the Bengals wanted.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2023, 05:47 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I will drool all over myself if the Bengals can get Gibbs somewhere in the 2nd.

Highly doubtful. Jamaal Charles 2.0.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2023, 01:03 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: [Image: 592fec15128f6cff4e761bf37690d98e.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Son of NFL player Irv Smith Sr.   Irv Smith Jr played at Alabama, but came into NFL Draft very young.  He was a 2nd Round Pick in 2019, but in 2023 is still only 24 years old, about the age of a draft pick in 2023. This means he can be Coached Up.  He has had injuries early on, but Vikings coaches say if he gets the ball, the first tackler will not bring him down.  He had an offer from Miami, but decided Joe Burrow throwing was his best place to go. 

A down side is his size for a TE.  He is 6'2" and 240, not a big 6'5" or more target.  

Getting a 2nd round draft pick still only 24 years old is a steal.  He does have perfect Fullback size or WR size, since Vikings were trying to find ways to get him the ball on screen passes.  I always thought throwing that outside pass to the Fullback was like stealing yards, it was so wide open for a quick 3 or 4 yards.  At least Ken Anderson to Pete Johnson or Boomer to Ickey Woods was. 

Also Sample and Wilcox are still not signed by anybody.  Sample has good blocking TE size and Wilcox and Sample both can catch the ball. I would not be surprised to see Bengals resign one or both. 

Irv Smith Jr still only 24 is like an extra round 2 draft pick in 2023, since he was drafted in round 2 and is still very young to Coach Up.  This is a steal, a great addition that probably doesn't cost Bengals a bunch of money to give him a try. 

Also he played for Bama, but was born in LSU Country, and add him to the LSU combo of Burrow to Chase. One Viking coach said Smith may be the missing piece needed to get Bengals a Super Bowl WIN. They say they worked on screens and many ways to get him the ball, because once he has the ball, one tackler is not going to bring him down.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Hopefully he can stay healthy and he should be a great compliment to our offense.
Reply/Quote
I would be more excited about this pick up if he was taller.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2023, 09:24 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Right. When he starts playing real downs in the NFL, then we'll see how completely ridiculous it is. 

So you are implying that the snaps in the Michigan game were not real downs? Or is it that you just know more than those who get paid to evaluate NFL talent for a living, because they seem to disagree with you as well?
Reply/Quote