Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Is AJ Green milking his injury?
Lance McAlister discussed this yesterday and said he doesn’t think so. Do you all think he’s milking this injury?
Reply/Quote
I've not seen or read anything over AJ's entire career that would suggest any traits like that would exist in his personality.

I am starting to wonder if perhaps the team management is keeping him shelved, in an effort to preserve his heath and value.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Nope.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
no...that is not what we have seen from AJ's personality in the past. There is no reason to think he has changed. In the drill videos shared by media in the last several weeks, you could see he still had a pronounced limp. He would have had to be a really good actor to fake that so well.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
No !

AJ doesn't roll that way at all.
Reply/Quote
Milking? No.

I do think he wants to come back fully healthy. Ankle's are tricky. Sprains can linger for weeks and even months and he had surgery on it.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 09:16 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I've not seen or read anything over AJ's entire career that would suggest any traits like that would exist in his personality.

I am starting to wonder if perhaps the team management is keeping him shelved, in an effort to preserve his heath and value.

This.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 09:16 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I've not seen or read anything over AJ's entire career that would suggest any traits like that would exist in his personality.

That 2nd line has been the speculation. I guess we'll know this week!
Reply/Quote

He would have more value if he could pass a physical, though, so I doubt it's management.  
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 08:59 AM)Trademark Wrote: Lance McAlister discussed this yesterday and said he doesn’t think so. Do you all think he’s milking this injury?

not AJs way...  Im sure hes been ready to back on the field sooner than the team is to risk him
when your 0-7 there is no reason to rush anyone back.... and risk aggravating the injury further..
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 09:53 AM)Whatever Wrote: He would have more value if he could pass a physical, though, so I doubt it's management.  

And ANY TEAM that trades for Green is likely to want to do a thorough physical on his ankle.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 08:59 AM)Trademark Wrote: Lance McAlister discussed this yesterday and said he doesn’t think so. Do you all think he’s milking this injury?

Lance McAlister is the worst. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Don't know if he's milking it, but I am sure he's in no hurry to rush back at less than 100% to an 0-7 team in a contract year.

AJ Green plays the final 8 games at 100% and does well, he'll make many millions of dollars more in the offseason than if he comes back at 80% and is only okay, or gets reinjured.

So probably not milking it, but I am sure he's business decision-ing it. 6-8 week injury and we're on Week 13.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Now we’re debating if one of the highest character players in the history of our franchise is “milking an injury?”

[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
Unlikely but possible. I even suspect his contract stipulations keep him quiet as a giraffe.
Reply/Quote
Depends on what the intended meaning of "milking" is. Does it mean pretending to still be too injured to play when he could? My view of the situation is, if the team were contending for a playoff spot he probably would try to go, with a greater risk of re-injury. Since the season is already a wash, there is no reason to rush back to the field and risk re-injury. The current team situation allows him to take as much time as possible.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 09:57 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: And ANY TEAM that trades for Green is likely to want to do a thorough physical on his ankle.

I would say if management is holding him out, it's because they're tanking the season for a QB.  That would be the only thing that makes sense.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 10:18 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Depends on what the intended meaning of "milking" is. Does it mean pretending to still be too injured to play when he could? My view of the situation is, if the team were contending for a playoff spot he probably would try to go, with a greater risk of re-injury. Since the season is already a wash, there is no reason to rush back to the field and risk re-injury. The current team situation allows him to take as much time as possible.

My thoughts as well. We saw him rush back last season, and look how that went.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
The guy who said he wanted to stay with the team who drafted him and said it's not about money "He has enough" is potentially milking an injury? The guy who we shut down a couple years ago when he could of played with only a couple games left who came out and told the team never to do that again is potentially milking an injury?

The answer is no and the topic itself was just emotional "click bait" by McAlister. I personally think the team has slowed him down so he wouldn't be "cleared" by the trade deadline to build in a reason why they couldn't have traded him aside from them not wanting to trade him.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 10:51 AM)Au165 Wrote: The guy who said he wanted to stay with the team who drafted him and said it's not about money "He has enough" is potentially milking an injury? The guy who we shut down a couple years ago when he could of played with only a couple games left who came out and told the team never to do that again is potentially milking an injury?

The answer is no and the topic itself was just emotional "click bait" by McAlister. I personally think the team has slowed him down so he wouldn't be "cleared" by the trade deadline to build in a reason why they couldn't have traded him aside from them not wanting to trade him.

I'm not sure I agree with that so much that Mike Brown doesn't seem to be the type of guy to do anything tricky in order to justify his actions...he doesn't seem to care what outsiders think about him and his process.  This whole situation is a bit of a no-win because either AJ is taking his time coming back from the injury and that seems like he's being a me-first type OR he's still legitimately unable to play football which, combined with last season, indicates some severe injury issues for the guy.

If he's not back after the bye I'll start to call shenanigans on the whole thing.  So far this just seems like an injury where the Bengals should have IR-ed him over 2 months ago and they just didn't because "we don't know how hurt he is" or "who cares, no one is getting fired over this."
Reply/Quote