Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is All this Mixon News a Smokescreen?
I'm really starting to wonder if it's all just a big smokescreen to take away from a team jumping in front of them to take Fournette.

Why on earth would you put out that you are really in love with a 2nd round guy? There are way too many picks ahead of you for teams to jump up.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 02:59 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I'm really starting to wonder if it's all just a big smokescreen to take away from a team jumping in front of them to take Fournette.

Why on earth would you put out that you are really in love with a 2nd round guy?  There are way too many picks ahead of you for teams to jump up.

We put out we were in love with Gio before we drafted him.
Reply/Quote
I don't think it's a smokescreen, but I don't see the Bengals putting all their eggs in one basket for Mixon. More than likely, if he's there in the 2nd round and we didn't take a RB in the 1st, then I think it's likely we take him. However, I remember back in 2010 when we were linked to every TE except Gresham. Everyone knew that we needed a TE and mocked him to us a lot. We tried to downplay it, but it obviously failed.

I feel like the Bengals are higher on Fournette in the RB market and are trying to dismay people from jumping them.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 04:26 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I don't think it's a smokescreen, but I don't see the Bengals putting all their eggs in one basket for Mixon. More than likely, if he's there in the 2nd round and we didn't take a RB in the 1st, then I think it's likely we take him. However, I remember back in 2010 when we were linked to every TE except Gresham. Everyone knew that we needed a TE and mocked him to us a lot. We tried to downplay it, but it obviously failed.

I feel like the Bengals are higher on Fournette in the RB market and are trying to dismay people from jumping them.

That's my impression as well.  I think the guy they really want in this draft is Fournette.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 02:59 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I'm really starting to wonder if it's all just a big smokescreen to take away from a team jumping in front of them to take Fournette.

Why on earth would you put out that you are really in love with a 2nd round guy?  There are way too many picks ahead of you for teams to jump up.

After Mixon visited Cincy he followed Pacman on twitter.

Pacman is known as being a liaison, especially for troubled young guys. Maybe it's just a coincidence, maybe he just passed him in the weight room, but i'm thinking the Bengals purposely introduced him to Pacman to see if he is a guy Pacman can take under his wing.
Reply/Quote
I remember thinking the reports before the 2015 draft that the Bengals were going to draft either Fisher or Ogbuehi in the first round was a stupid smoke screen because no one would actually buy the idea that we'd draft either.

Oops.
Reply/Quote
I think the Cincinnati Bengals are going to trade AJ McCarron and get a high second-rounder.

They're going to have one pick in round one, two picks in round two.

One of those three draft picks is going to be a running back. I think they want an edge, as one of their first two picks.

But I think Taco or Foster is their guy if they do not have the opportunity for LF. Mixon is a real possibility in round two.

Mike Brown simply does not care about the public image of the Cincinnati Bengals nor does he genuinely care about what the fans think.

It makes me wonder if he is really related to Paul Brown because Paul Brown would have nothing to do with some of these players on this team.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2017, 09:41 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think the Cincinnati Bengals are going to trade AJ McCarron and get a high second-rounder.

They're going to have one pick in round one, two picks in round two.

One of those three draft picks is going to be a running back.  I think they want an edge, as one of their first two picks.

But I think Taco or Foster is their guy if they do not have the opportunity for LF.  Mixon is a real possibility in round two.  

Mike Brown simply does not care about the public image of the Cincinnati Bengals nor does he genuinely care about what the fans think.  

It makes me wonder if he is really related to Paul Brown because Paul Brown would have nothing to do with some of these players on this team.

Both are sliding right now and are overrated IMO.  When I watched more tape on Foster he strikes me as just an average level talent.  My feeling is if they draft anything it will be an OLB like Reddick or a round 2-4 guy like Duke Riley.  Taco has the size, but he's not a good fit and I don't even view him as a first round pick.  Taco is a LDE not a RDE and will struggle at the NFL level if they try to force him into that role.  Solomon Thomas / Derek Barnette are probably the two guys they have an eye on, but there is also reports of them really liking bashem in the 2nd.  

I could see us trading back to get another 2nd round pick and possibly moving AJ McCarron to Browns for the first pick of the 2nd round and maybe a 4th.  The reason I think the McCarron trade is viable is because they had a private workout with Patrick Mahomes yesterday.  the draft is so good this year that 3 picks in the top 15 of the 2nd round would be like having 4 first rounders in another draft.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Between Jacksonville, Carolina, and any other team that could potentially trade up, I'd say the Bengals' chances of landing Fournette are slim to none.  
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Bengals don't typically do smokescreens....I think if Mixon is available in the 2nd round they will take him. Only way it doesn't happen is if Fournette falls (don't think he will) and they want him. I haven't seen much talk about the Bengals and Fournette though so maybe they like Mixon more. There are some draft guys that say Mixon is the most talented RB in the class and that may be how the Bengals see it and they also feel that they don't have to spend a first round pick to get him because of the character issues. Good or bad that is a Mike Brown type of move.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2017, 09:57 AM)Okeana Wrote: Both are sliding right now and are overrated IMO.  When I watched more tape on Foster he strikes me as just an average level talent.  My feeling is if they draft anything it will be an OLB like Reddick or a round 2-4 guy like Duke Riley.  Taco has the size, but he's not a good fit and I don't even view him as a first round pick.  Taco is a LDE not a RDE and will struggle at the NFL level if they try to force him into that role.  Solomon Thomas / Derek Barnette are probably the two guys they have an eye on, but there is also reports of them really liking bashem in the 2nd.  

I could see us trading back to get another 2nd round pick and possibly moving AJ McCarron to Browns for the first pick of the 2nd round and maybe a 4th.  The reason I think the McCarron trade is viable is because they had a private workout with Patrick Mahomes yesterday.  the draft is so good this year that 3 picks in the top 15 of the 2nd round would be like having 4 first rounders in another draft.
I like Reddick.  I do think Taco is the Bengals type of edge player, long, good push.  Foster has rare talent but his combine interview could have turned off some teams.  I think Bengals secretly like Cook and will select Cook over Mixon but Mixon has more talent some would say.  It is close.  Thomas would be great but I think he is Raw.  I would freak if the team picked OJ Howard.  I could live with that pick though because TEs in the NFL seem to get injured.  I would love to see Howard and Eifert I the read zone along  with Green.  But I also see a strong need for RB because Hill simply isn't the answer.  If the team selects Mixon, I will not judge him.  I will be a fan.  But if the dude does something like Adam Jones and has pattern of unlawful behavior, then I will be his biggest hater on these boards. 

I do think character matters.  That is Why the Patriots win and the Bengals are just...competitive.  Character matters folks.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2017, 12:52 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I like Reddick.  I do think Taco is the Bengals type of edge player, long, good push.  Foster has rare talent but his combine interview could have turned off some teams.  I think Bengals secretly like Cook and will select Cook over Mixon but Mixon has more talent some would say.  It is close.  Thomas would be great but I think he is Raw.  I would freak if the team picked OJ Howard.  I could live with that pick though because TEs in the NFL seem to get injured.  I would love to see Howard and Eifert I the read zone along  with Green.  But I also see a strong need for RB because Hill simply isn't the answer.  If the team selects Mixon, I will not judge him.  I will be a fan.  But if the dude does something like Adam Jones and has pattern of unlawful behavior, then I will be his biggest hater on these boards. 

I do think character matters.  That is Why the Patriots win and the Bengals are just...competitive.  Character matters folks.

Patriots in all levels are above everyone in the league not just the Bengals.. but with your comment please explain why the Patriots picked up character issues in Dillon, Moss and Chad ?
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2017, 07:26 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Patriots in all levels are above everyone in the league not just the Bengals.. but with your comment please explain why the Patriots picked up character issues in Dillon, Moss and Chad ?

I can see Dillon and Moss but Chad?  I think New England as an organization can keep certain characters in line, the Bengals cannot.  Did Dillon or Moss display a pattern of unlawful behavior while in Patriots uniform?
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2017, 07:35 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I can see Dillon and Moss but Chad?  I think New England as an organization can keep certain characters in line, the Bengals cannot.  Did Dillon or Moss display a pattern of unlawful behavior while in Patriots uniform?

The put is they have taken character issue players .. all teams have but they have succeed better than us but also most of the rest of the teams in the league...if you are going to pick out the Patriots.. you can;t just include the Bengals in comparison.. you might as well start listing most of the league....
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2017, 07:35 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I can see Dillon and Moss but Chad?  I think New England as an organization can keep certain characters in line, the Bengals cannot.  Did Dillon or Moss display a pattern of unlawful behavior while in Patriots uniform?

They sure kept Aaron Hernandez in line.
Reply/Quote
Packers are bringing Mixon in for a visit....
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2017, 12:52 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I like Reddick.  I do think Taco is the Bengals type of edge player, long, good push.  Foster has rare talent but his combine interview could have turned off some teams.  I think Bengals secretly like Cook and will select Cook over Mixon but Mixon has more talent some would say.  It is close.  Thomas would be great but I think he is Raw.  I would freak if the team picked OJ Howard.  I could live with that pick though because TEs in the NFL seem to get injured.  I would love to see Howard and Eifert I the read zone along  with Green.  But I also see a strong need for RB because Hill simply isn't the answer.  If the team selects Mixon, I will not judge him.  I will be a fan.  But if the dude does something like Adam Jones and has pattern of unlawful behavior, then I will be his biggest hater on these boards. 

That Patriots win because of Tom Brady.

Don't let anything make you think otherwise. The team could be Tom Brady and 52 untrained Chimpanzees and they'd still make the playoffs every year.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2017, 08:30 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: That Patriots win because of Tom Brady.

Don't let anything make you think otherwise. The team could be Tom Brady and 52 untrained Chimpanzees and they'd still make the playoffs every year.

If the Bengals had Tom Brady do you think they would win the superbowl with the same front office that we have now?

I think certain teams at the organizational level have a culture that's conducive to win that is teams set structure and boundries that players need to succeed.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(04-03-2017, 09:43 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: If the Bengals had Tom Brady do you think they would win the superbowl with the same front office that we have now?

I think certain teams at the organizational level have a culture that's conducive to win that is teams set structure and boundries that players need to succeed.

Tom Brady creates a winning culture.

You seem to be underestimating just how elite he is.

Without him, the Patriots are nothing.

With him, I'm 100% sure we'd have at least 2 super bowls.
Reply/Quote
would Mike brown have paid Brady after his first contract?
Reply/Quote