Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BLM unveils list of demands to White people
(08-22-2017, 08:39 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Granted, not quite the same as a sitting US Senator tweeting that she wished someone would assassinate the President.  But, still much more significant than a "lone fringe supporter", as another poster alluded to.

Love ya man, but not a great example, as everyone under the sun has denounced that batshit crazy woman.  She'll likely be expelled by her colleagues when they reconvene.  It is indicative of the level of discourse that some are becoming comfortable with, of which this woman is by no means the lone example.
(08-22-2017, 08:40 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: IIRC, it was a state senator, not a US senator.

Yes, my mistake.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(08-22-2017, 08:44 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Love ya man, but not a great example, as everyone under the sun has denounced that batshit crazy woman.  She'll likely be expelled by her colleagues when they reconvene.  It is indicative of the level of discourse that some are becoming comfortable with, of which this woman is by no means the lone example.

Maybe not the greatest example, but still applicable.  Wasn't BLM the group that marched through the streets chanting demands for police to be killed?

Edit: And I don't bring that up simply to sling mud on BLM, because they say they're a peaceful cause. I've also seen quotes from Klan leaders claiming that they are non-violent. Now, we really don't believe the Klan to be a bunch of peace loving guys, do we? BLM can put out a National platform saying that they only represent peaceful actions all they want. But, they already have a history of demanding violence that has been all over TV. If we're going to condemn groups that represent hate, we need to condemn all groups with a racist agenda, and all groups that look to achieve their goals through violence and intimidation.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Does anyone here think that so called actress married Steven Mnuchin for his looks?
(08-22-2017, 08:50 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Maybe not the greatest example, but still applicable.  Wasn't BLM the group that marched through the streets chanting demands for police to be killed?

Edit: And I don't bring that up simply to sling mud on BLM, because they say they're a peaceful cause. I've also seen quotes from Klan leaders claiming that they are non-violent. Now, we really don't believe the Klan to be a bunch of peace loving guys, do we? BLM can put out a National platform saying that they only represent peaceful actions all they want. But, they already have a history of demanding violence that has been all over TV. If we're going to condemn groups that represent hate, we need to condemn all groups with a racist agenda, and all groups that look to achieve their goals through violence and intimidation.

Interestingly enough, I don't consider the contemporary KKK to be a violent organization (or organizations, really, there are several different iterations). They are racist pieces of shit, but they I would not consider them violent. That role has been taken on by the new, younger white supremacist movements.
I feel like dumb shit like this gets far more viewers from the conservative website reporting it than the blogs they're originally posted on.

No one gives a **** what the cofounder of the Nashville branch of BLM posts on a blog.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(08-22-2017, 09:38 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I feel like dumb shit like this gets far more viewers from the conservative website reporting it than the blogs they're originally posted on.

No one gives a **** what the cofounder of the Nashville branch of BLM posts on a blog.

They shouldn't.  Nor should they care what some neonazi douchebag posts on their internet site of choice.  We should ignore and condemn all racism equally.  I'd point out that Huffpo is hardly an unknown, fringe, site.  Call this bullshit out everywhere or your opinion on it is worthless IMO.
(08-22-2017, 09:47 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: They shouldn't.  Nor should they care what some neonazi douchebag posts on their internet site of choice.  We should ignore and condemn all racism equally.  I'd point out that Huffpo is hardly an unknown, fringe, site.  Call this bullshit out everywhere or your opinion on it is worthless IMO.

I haven't read your link from Huffpo, but the further you get from their straight "news" page, the less credible the content is. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(08-22-2017, 08:38 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Indeed.  However, I suppose we'll all wait for the rest of BLM to denounce this list of demands as the racist drivel it is.  

Personally I found the article to he racist in tone because they assumed that a black or brown person from generational poverty can't achieve any if that on their own. Maybe the deck is stacked against someone like that, but it's possible. To me it sounded like a self righteous panhandler wrote that.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(08-22-2017, 09:38 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I feel like dumb shit like this gets far more viewers from the conservative website reporting it than the blogs they're originally posted on.

Louisville... Louisville. Don't slander the co founder of the Nashville chapter. That person probably thought this was bullshit too.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(08-22-2017, 08:39 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Granted, not quite the same as a sitting US Senator tweeting that she wished someone would assassinate the President.  But, still much more significant than a "lone fringe supporter", as another poster alluded to.

She's garbage too. All of that needs to stop.

How organized is BLM nationally? I ask because I don't know.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(08-22-2017, 10:32 PM)jason Wrote: She's garbage too. All of that needs to stop.

How organized is BLM nationally? I ask because I don't know.

I've never actually researched them.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(08-22-2017, 10:50 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I've never actually researched them.

Neither have I. I get the feeling they are no more organized than a motorcycle club... I could be wrong.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(08-22-2017, 10:59 PM)jason Wrote: Neither have I. I get the feeling they are no more organized than a motorcycle club... I could be wrong.

That's my feeling as well. Groups like BLM and Indivisible seem to have a national name to stand behind, but that is about the only thing really unifying the large number of groups across the country.
(08-23-2017, 09:07 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: That's my feeling as well. Groups like BLM and Indivisible seem to have a national name to stand behind, but that is about the only thing really unifying the large number of groups across the country.

It makes it kind of hard to defend BLM if that's the case, don't you think? If you've got a few groups claiming to be BLM chanting death to cops and/or rioting in the streets, then you can't really argue that BLM is NOT a violent hate group if there's no national group or heirarchy.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(08-22-2017, 07:16 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote:
Quote:Rethink what “racism” means by understanding that it is the combination of race and power, not just race. Blacks expressing anger toward or distrust of whites (as a generalization) is grounded in evidence that these generalizations are valid, but whites expressing white nationalism and white superiority are baseless and hate-filled ideologies that lack merit (race is a social construct and there is no biological differences that could be traced to one identifiable group being superior to the other).

Does the idiot that wrote that not see that within one sentence, he or she just stated and then dismantled his or her own argument? What a maroon. Rolleyes
[Image: giphy.gif]
(08-23-2017, 03:20 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Does the idiot that wrote that not see that within one sentence, he or she just stated and then dismantled his or her own argument? What a maroon. Rolleyes

I see where you're going, but he doesn't actually contradict himself.  He states that the generalizations against white people are based in objective truth and thus, cannot  be considered racism.  He then states that generalization by whites against minorities are based in subjective beliefs of racial superiority are are therefore invalid.  Essentially, he is saying only white people can be racist and that behavior towards whites that would normally be considered as racist is both valid, excusable and, more importantly, not racism.