Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Is Biden A Hypocrite Or Did He Just Forget?
Biden and a bunch of other libs called Trump racist for restricting travel from China during the outbreak.

Now, India is seeing a huge surge in coronavirus cases, so Biden is limiting travel from India.

My question is: Is he a hypocrite or did he just forget?

Are all the libs calling him racist, too?
Reply/Quote
First, link to Biden calling Trump racist for the travel ban if you're going to make that claim. Second, it's tough to really answer. Biden had some comments around the time of Trump's travel bans calling Trump xenophobic that the Trump admin/campaign said were about the travel bans but the Biden camp was saying were about Trump's history as a xenophobic reactionary and not about the bans. So it depends on which color glasses you choose to wear as to whether Biden is being hypocritical or not.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2021, 06:31 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: First, link to Biden calling Trump racist for the travel ban if you're going to make that claim. Second, it's tough to really answer. Biden had some comments around the time of Trump's travel bans calling Trump xenophobic that the Trump admin/campaign said were about the travel bans but the Biden camp was saying were about Trump's history as a xenophobic reactionary and not about the bans. So it depends on which color glasses you choose to wear as to whether Biden is being hypocritical or not.

Actually, Biden calls him xenophobic, which is basically the same thing in this instance, but here you go:

Quote:This is no time for Donald Trump’s record of hysterical xenophobia and fear mongering to lead the way instead of science.”
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2021, 07:33 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Actually, Biden calls him xenophobic, which is basically the same thing in this instance, but here you go:

Thanks for pointing out the same thing I discussed in my post. That link says pretty much the same thing I did. And no, calling someone xenophobic is not the same as racist.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2021, 07:43 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Thanks for pointing out the same thing I discussed in my post. That link says pretty much the same thing I did. And no, calling someone xenophobic is not the same as racist.

Right.

You admitted he's being a hypocrite, whether you want to argue over the language or not.
Reply/Quote
Well let's see - Trump didn't believe the virus was a credible threat, so you can't say he banned travel from China for the good of public health without undermining everything Sweet Potato Hitler did for the next 11 months.

On the other hand, Biden has acknowledged the virus as a credible public health crisis since the beginning, so him denying travel to country being decimated by the virus smacks as doing something for the good of the country.

Tough call.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2021, 08:03 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Well let's see - Trump didn't believe the virus was a credible threat, so you can't say he banned travel from China for the good of public health without undermining everything Sweet Potato Hitler did for the next 11 months.

On the other hand, Biden has acknowledged the virus as a credible public health crisis since the beginning, so him denying travel to country being decimated by the virus smacks as doing something for the good of the country.

Tough call.

When the virus first came out and no one knew anything about it, Trump did say that it wasn't a threat because (1) The didn't want to create panic and (2) not much was known about it.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2021, 08:13 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: When the virus first came out and no one knew anything about it, Trump did say that it wasn't a threat because (1) The didn't want to create panic and (2) not much was known about it.

If that's what the echo chamber says it must be true, amiright? 

While those might be fair points in a vacuum, one has to wonder why he stuck with point 1 once point 2 was washed away.
Reply/Quote
Biden is gonna have to win more Bible belt states than just Georgia before I believe he's a racist.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2021, 07:46 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Right.

You admitted he's being a hypocrite, whether you want to argue over the language or not.

Man, you really are bad at reading comprehension, aren't you? Also, I am happy to call Biden a hypocrite on things where he is one. I don't like Biden. I just think him being a hypocrite on this one is subjective from the point of view of the individual's biases making the inference.

Reply/Quote
For one last instance I renew my suggestion to leave these threads be. Nothing good comes out of them.

But well, who am I to tell others what I think is reasonable to do. So, carry on, I guess Rock On
Reply/Quote
[Image: tenor.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2021, 09:06 AM)hollodero Wrote: For one last instance I renew my suggestion to leave these threads be. Nothing good comes out of them.

But well, who am I to tell others what I think is reasonable to do. So, carry on, I guess  Rock On

(05-04-2021, 10:01 AM)Au165 Wrote: [Image: tenor.gif]

I love personal attacks with nothing to back it up because it makes me know that I'm right.

Whether you want to call it racist or xenophobic, I'm pointing out that Biden's wrong for pretty much doing the same thing that Trump was criticized for and no one is calling him out on it.
Reply/Quote
As long as I don't hear Biden calling it "Curry virus" and making real bad word racist bad jokes on press conference, the move is rationnal.

The racism wasn't in the move, it was on the communication within.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
If you came to this forum looking for a criticism of Biden you came to the wrong place.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2021, 11:05 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: If you came to this forum looking for a criticism of Biden you came to the wrong place.

I just think that criticism of an elected official should be rooted in facts. I said the same about criticism against Trump. In this case, it's not entirely clear Biden is being hypocritical from an objective standpoint.

Reply/Quote
(05-04-2021, 10:40 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I love personal attacks with nothing to back it up because it makes me know that I'm right.

To be fair though, everything anyone could ever say makes you know that. This sentence refers to your particular reality-proof stubbornness and hence can be seen as personal attack if you wish; my former response was not an attack. It just reflected my opinion that your threads are particularly vile and go nowhere but down. And I have multiple examples to back that opinion up.

As for your own sake, you are in the wrong board to discuss politics if you only seek affirmation and acclaim for your extreme views. No sarcasm, you'd be better served on the Breitbart forum really. There you can describe anyone who isn't 100% Trump and does not detest Biden as being wrong, awful or mentally ill, and you'd get the applause for that you're seeking here to no avail. 

Btw. @masonbengalsfan this is not about rejecting any critizism of Biden. It is about rejecting critizism of Biden that is based on faulty interpretation (eg. equating travel restrictions and leaving out the words sourrounding that action, which were the whole issue with Trump's China attitude to begin with), selective perception or pure partisanship and prejudice. Eg. it is about rejecting critizism of Biden that claims Biden has dementia, is mentally gone or is a racist using the n-word and whatnot. And I know that you know that full well and still pour gasoline on that fire... just saying.

I am aware though that I might just break my own suggestion, I rather regard it as a clarification though. For anyone responding here, have fun in this programmed desaster of a thread.
Reply/Quote
Many people are calling it the India virus. Many people.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2021, 12:00 PM)hollodero Wrote: To be fair though, everything anyone could ever say makes you know that. This sentence refers to your particular reality-proof stubbornness and hence can be seen as personal attack if you wish; my former response was not an attack. It just reflected my opinion that your threads are particularly vile and go nowhere but down. And I have multiple examples to back that opinion up.

As for your own sake, you are in the wrong board to discuss politics if you only seek affirmation and acclaim for your extreme views. No sarcasm, you'd be better served on the Breitbart forum really. There you can describe anyone who isn't 100% Trump and does not detest Biden as being wrong, awful or mentally ill, and you'd get the applause for that you're seeking here to no avail. 

Btw. @masonbengalsfan this is not about rejecting any critizism of Biden. It is about rejecting critizism of Biden that is based on faulty interpretation (eg. equating travel restrictions and leaving out the words sourrounding that action, which were the whole issue with Trump's China attitude to begin with), selective perception or pure partisanship and prejudice. Eg. it is about rejecting critizism of Biden that claims Biden has dementia, is mentally gone or is a racist using the n-word and whatnot. And I know that you know that full well and still pour gasoline on that fire... just saying.

I am aware though that I might just break my own suggestion, I rather regard it as a clarification though. For anyone responding here, have fun in this programmed desaster of a thread.

I don't remember ever posting anything in those threads mentioning Biden having dementia, comparisons to Hitler or using the n-word other than to say they were wrong if I posted in them at all.... just saying...

Do I think he's a crooked old bastard that's been in Washingon way too long, portrayed himself as a moderate to get elected & then caved too his far left. You bet I do.

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2021, 08:13 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: When the virus first came out and no one knew anything about it, Trump did say that it wasn't a threat because (1) The didn't want to create panic and (2) not much was known about it.

There are tapes of Trump admitting that he lied to American cititzens about how dangerous  and deadly the virus was even after he knew.

"Not causing a panic" is total BS. If your house was on fire would you want people not to tell you because it might make you panic?

Trump lied becausr he did not want the econmy to suffer. The US economy was the basis for his support. It was more important to him than human lives. Bevause of Trumps lies his followers refused to take safety prevautions that would have saved thousands of lives.
Reply/Quote