Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Is Biden A Hypocrite Or Did He Just Forget?
(05-03-2021, 06:08 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Biden and a bunch of other libs called Trump racist for restricting travel from China during the outbreak.

Now, India is seeing a huge surge in coronavirus cases, so Biden is limiting travel from India.

My question is: Is he a hypocrite or did he just forget?

Are all the libs calling him racist, too?

Trumps ban on travel wad considered xenophobic because he was trying to blame the damage from the virus on Chinese people instead of his failures. He looked like a complete dumbass for saying the virus would "just go away" so he had to deflect blame.

If Trump was really trying to mitigate the damage from Covid he would have supported other steps like wearing masks an social distancing. But his travel ban was just a publicity stunt to cast the blame on China.

Biden, on the other hand, has supported a wide range of plans to try and control the damage from Covid. So it is clear that any travel ban he supports would be in the name of public safety instead of an attack on another country.

So when you look at the context it is cleat that Biden is neither a hypocrit or racist.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2021, 12:45 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote:  I don't remember ever posting anything in those threads mentioning Biden having dementia, comparisons to Hitler or using the n-word other than to say they were wrong if I posted in them at all.... just saying...

OK, fair. But you do know where the OP is coming from, that these are the threads that user fritz creates, and what these threads are out to prove.

And I also have a hunch that you grasp full well why this particular line of critizism in this very thread wasn't exactly fair either. Blaming the board for that take, imho, is a weird way to look at it.

(05-04-2021, 12:45 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote:  Do I think he's a crooked old bastard that's been in Washingon way too long, portrayed himself as a moderate to get elected & then caved too his far left. You bet I do.

Wink and that is and should be perfectly fine. You will earn contradiction with this stance for sure, but that does not mean that "this is the wrong board to critizise Biden"; and it also should not mean that you endorse fritzy threads and, as Americans say, choose this particular hill to die on.
Eg. I also do not support pamphlets of the most outlandish ultra-left college students just because I do not like conservative policies.

I'm not particularly good in following through with my own suggestion :) - so I won't engage further in this conversation and hope you don't take it personal. I of course have zero issues with you or your postings, other than that I often disagree.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2021, 08:13 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: When the virus first came out and no one knew anything about it, Trump did say that it wasn't a threat because (1) The didn't want to create panic and (2) not much was known about it.

Are you still in support of the government lying to the people?
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2021, 11:05 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: If you came to this forum looking for a criticism of Biden you came to the wrong place.

Well based on this.  .  .  

(05-04-2021, 12:45 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote:  I think he's a crooked old bastard that's been in Washingon way too long, portrayed himself as a moderate to get elected & then caved too his far left. 

I think what you really meant to say was

"If you came to this forum looking for an echo chamber where every one believes every criticism of Biden no matter how far removed from reality then you came to the wrong place."
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2021, 12:45 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote:  Do I think he's a crooked old bastard that's been in Washingon way too long, portrayed himself as a moderate to get elected & then caved too his far left. You bet I do.

[Image: tenor.gif]

I mean, I get that this is the GOP talking point, almost verbatim, but still. It's far from reality.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2021, 12:59 PM)hollodero Wrote: OK, fair. But you do know where the OP is coming from, that these are the threads that user fritz creates, and what these threads are out to prove.

And I also have a hunch that you grasp full well why this particular line of critizism in this very thread wasn't exactly fair either. Blaming the board for that take, imho, is a weird way to look at it.

Wink and that is and should be perfectly fine. You will earn contradiction with this stance for sure, but that does not mean that "this is the wrong board to critizise Biden"; and it also should not mean that you endorse fritzy threads and, as Americans say, choose this particular hill to die on.
Eg. I also do not support pamphlets of the most outlandish ultra-left college students just because I do not like conservative policies.

I'm not particularly good in following through with my own suggestion :) - so I won't engage further in this conversation and hope you don't take it personal. I of course have zero issues with you or your postings, other than that I often disagree.

Fair enough my friend. We are good. 
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2021, 12:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: There are tapes of Trump admitting that he lied to American cititzens about how dangerous  and deadly the virus was even after he knew.

"Not causing a panic" is total BS. If your house was on fire would you want people not to tell you because it might make you panic?

Trump lied becausr he did not want the econmy to suffer. The US economy was the basis for his support. It was more important to him than human lives. Bevause of Trumps lies his followers refused to take safety prevautions that would have saved thousands of lives.

I’m not convinced he was telling the truth when he said he lied.To him I think being thought a liar is preferable to being thought to not know everything about everything.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2021, 07:33 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Actually, Biden calls him xenophobic, which is basically the same thing in this instance, but here you go:

Your example is simply Biden's response to Trump's xenophobic behavior--but not specifically related to the ban on travel from China.

Biden frequently referred to Trump's past xenophobic behavior, like his demand that Obama shut down travel from Africa during the Ebola outbreak (no worry about "panic" then), asserting that it should not influence his coronavirus policy. There is no direct link from Biden's comments to the China travel ban. https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/oct/23/donald-trump/trump-repeats-flawed-claim-biden-opposed-trumps-co/

If a new virulent strain of the virus comes to the US from India, and Biden starts calling it "the India virus," then he'll be guilty of hypocrisy

--and xenophobia.

Until then, Biden is not "doing the same thing" as Trump.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2021, 10:40 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I love personal attacks with nothing to back it up because it makes me know that I'm right.

Whether you want to call it racist or xenophobic, I'm pointing out that Biden's wrong for pretty much doing the same thing that Trump was criticized for and no one is calling him out on it.

These sorts of "personal attacks" are perhaps not the best indicator of whether you are right.

I have on a number of occasions offered fact checks and counterarguments to posts you have made,
and rather than address or even acknowledge them, as you demand others do when you post anti-Biden claims,
you have simply ignored them.

If you were sincerely interested in dialogue, or in really knowing that you are "right," you would not ignore posts
which offer counter arguments/evidence the way that you do.

And you would acknowledge when claims like your present one that Biden is now doing "the same thing" he accused Trump of doing have been refuted. Or perhaps that IS what you are doing, back handedly, when you just move on to start another thread with another unsustainable claim.

It's because you do that that Hollo and AU165 see responding to your threads as pointless. So their posts do have something to "back it up."
They are not personal attacks but references to your past behavior, which continues on this thread.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2021, 09:06 AM)hollodero Wrote: For one last instance I renew my suggestion to leave these threads be. Nothing good comes out of them.

But well, who am I to tell others what I think is reasonable to do. So, carry on, I guess  Rock On

I've been doing my part.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote