Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Burfict in the Steelers heads?
[Image: vJccNyB.jpg]

Read this and thought he is living in their heads if they are even giving this any thought.
Reply/Quote
He's going to make a calculated hit on Heaf Miller
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
And Mike Mitchell is not calculated in head shots?

Knocked Eifert out for three games and after nailing Marvin Jones in the first game, he said to AJ Green: "you're next". It's only newsworthy when it happens to a steeler, I guess.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He's a boundary pusher. A talented player that straddles the boarder of gamesmanship and legality. He's not the first. We've seen it in Suh, Haynesworth, Incognito, Rodney and James Harrison, Hines Ward, can even go back to Deacon Jones and his head slaps. Though I don't think Burfict is quite on the level of some of the guys I have listed, he does try his best to wind up and get in the heads of the opposition. A lot of very good championship teams have had these types of guys on their roster. The guy who can disrupt gameplans by going off piste. You hate it when your team is on the receiving end of it (as the Bengals have a lot) but ultimately it can be effective.

I think the minute Burfict gave Cam's recovering ankle a blatant little twist after making a tackle we realised he was not the cleanest. You know what, for decades it has been us as fans, moaning at the Steelers playing cheap and using dirty tactics to get an edge. Now it seems we are hearing just as much whining from the Steelers. From my perspective, that must be a good sign. A changing of the guard.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 09:55 AM)BritishBengal Wrote: He's a boundary pusher. A talented player that straddles the boarder of gamesmanship and legality. He's not the first. We've seen it in Suh, Haynesworth, Incognito, Rodney and James Harrison, Hines Ward, can even go back to Deacon Jones and his head slaps. Though I don't think Burfict is quite on the level of some of the guys I have listed, he does try his best to wind up and get in the heads of the opposition. A lot of very good championship teams have had these types of guys on their roster. The guy who can disrupt gameplans by going off piste. You hate it when your team is on the receiving end of it (as the Bengals have a lot) but ultimately it can be effective.

I think the minute Burfict gave Cam's recovering ankle a blatant little twist after making a tackle we realised he was not the cleanest. You know what, for decades it has been us as fans, moaning at the Steelers playing cheap and using dirty tactics to get an edge. Now it seems we are hearing just as much whining from the Steelers. From my perspective, that must be a good sign. A changing of the guard.

My sentiments exactly.  If we're gonna play in their division, we need an enforcer type guy or guys.  Burfict is just what the doctor ordered.  The thing about Vontaze, he is rather edgy on the field, but doesn't seem to be a distraction off of it.  You couple that with his desire, and the way he worked his tail off to get back on the field.....well, I'm glad he's on this team.

OP, yes, I think he is starting to get in their heads....and they don't like it. ThumbsUp

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 10:46 AM)Wyche Wrote: My sentiments exactly.  If we're gonna play in their division, we need an enforcer type guy or guys.  Burfict is just what the doctor ordered.  The thing about Vontaze, he is rather edgy on the field, but doesn't seem to be a distraction off of it.  You couple that with his desire, and the way he worked his tail off to get back on the field.....well, I'm glad he's on this team.

OP, yes, I think he is starting to get in their heads....and they don't like it. ThumbsUp
Hell yes....  He is in their heads.  They literally sent out a bench warming TE (NHL goon style) to try and take him out the last time they played...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
The way the Steelers mauled the Bengals in the last game I hope not. The Bengals got beat up and battered. The Steelers came ready for war. If they do so again then the outcome will be similar. The Bengals have come a long way, but they aren't mentally tough and tested like the Steelers.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
He's only in their heads if he can coax them into penalties without accruing them himself. He was out of control last game. I'd like to see him play smart, and con them into a late shove.
Reply/Quote
As long as Burfict isn't committing costly penalties, I don't mind if he plays aggressive and gets in their heads, which like others, I think he is. He makes this defense so much better and we really need him out there. He just needs to make sure he doesn't take things too far when playing chippy. It's a fine line, but I think he is learning to walk it pretty good. At least I hope he is and that he keeps getting better at it.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 09:25 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: And Mike Mitchell is not calculated in head shots?

Knocked Eifert out for three games and after nailing Marvin Jones in the first game, he said to AJ Green:  "you're next".  It's only newsworthy when it happens to a steeler, I guess.

Exactly!!!  Why aren't we seeing reports about Mitchell and how dirty he is?  Maybe they are out there and I have just missed them, but I hate how Burfict gets the attention for this when Mitchell seems to go for guys heads often.

Reply/Quote
I just hope we put in them in their place . Some of our guys have been here for all the playoff losses . I hope we come out and just punk their players show them . We ain't scared of ur dirty players
Reply/Quote
Unfortunately, I think they are also in his head.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 11:03 AM)PApinhead Wrote: Exactly!!!  Why aren't we seeing reports about Mitchell and how dirty he is?  Maybe they are out there and I have just missed them, but I hate how Burfict gets the attention for this when Mitchell seems to go for guys heads often.
Because he isn't any good....  Nobody cares.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 11:26 AM)jason Wrote: Because he isn't any good....  Nobody cares.

Haha!!!!  That could be why. ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
I sure hope he is in their heads, along with Adam Jones, Reggie Nelson, and the whole gang. I hope Dunlap is in Marcus Gilbert's head, and he gives up 3 or 4 sacks, leading to the most epic beatdown that Ben has ever experienced.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 11:26 AM)jason Wrote: Because he isn't any good....  Nobody cares.

That's part of my point....he's a turd targeting our top players.
Reply/Quote
You guys are crazy. We saw what happened the last time the Bengals players got in the Steelers heads (game 2), vs the game they weren't (game 1). We need the Steelers to treat this like any other game if we want a shot.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Burfict is that player you can't stand if he plays on any other team, but are damned glad to have on the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
If you're out on the field and you have a weakness, it's going to get attacked, or you shouldn't be on the field. Even if healthy, it's weakest link in the chain. If they know you can't run the ball, they're going to defend the pass.

So now, if a mobile QB is playing with a sprainked ankle, is it wrong to hit him in the ankle or not...football is a contact sport.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 12:11 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: If you're out on the field and you have a weakness, it's going to get attacked, or you shouldn't be on the field. Even if healthy, it's weakest link in the chain. If they know you can't run the ball, they're going to defend the pass.

So now, if a mobile QB is playing with a sprainked ankle, is it wrong to hit him in the ankle or not...football is a contact sport.

It's wrong if it's an illegal hit. It's totally legit if you're blowing up a QB that can no longer get out of the way.
Reply/Quote