Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Burrow's latest injury FINALLY the impetus to going all out improving the O-line?
(11-17-2023, 06:21 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: we have basically replaced 4 of 5 spots the last 2 years so coaching is the common factor

Yes, it does seem to indicate that.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 06:21 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: we have basically replaced 4 of 5 spots the last 2 years so coaching is the common factor

True, but they replaced them with the least athletic linemen in the league

So this is on Duke as much as it is Pollack

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
OBJ, Karras, Kappa... they've always been above average players and we just paid them. Teams with expensive QBs can't afford an o-line full of stars, they usually have some rookies and young players on cheap contracts in the mix.

I'd rather replace Pollock with other OL coach.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 05:58 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: least athletic o-line in the leaggue, and thats even with OBJr removed

No power either.

I know the total number of sacks have been down, but man it still feels like a lot of pressure.
I dunno if it's technique, athleticism, scheme, or what but it's still not good.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 06:29 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I have absolutely no faith the Bengals put the kind of money out in FA to get a RT that is better than Jonah. I don't disagree about Jonah not wanting to resign. But if we can't sign him a tackle should be the pick in rd 1.

Actually a RT in Free Agency would be cheaper than bringing back Jonah I am sure of it. I just don't trust our FO in Drafting in the
trenches, especially with Pollack here who cannot develop young OL. I find a RT in FA likely honestly once Jonah leaves, have to have
a proven vet at both Tackle spots. A new OL coach might be able to develop Volson or an early pick at LG if we go cheaper there.

(11-17-2023, 06:30 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: That would be a good way to start,in getting this OL fixed. But first, Pollack has to go.
We don’t want him corrupting any of our new recruits.

Agree, Pollack has to go first and foremost.
Reply/Quote
I wont mind drafting 10th and drafting for need.

download

Reply/Quote
ATP let Boyd and Tee go and say screw it

If we still have a bad line with 70-80M in the o line then we are just destined to never have a good line again
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 06:38 PM)ochocincos Wrote: No power either.

I know the total number of sacks have been down, but man it still feels like a lot of pressure.
I dunno if it's technique, athleticism, scheme, or what but it's still not good.

The sacks being down is 80% Joe Burrow saving the line from sacks and 20% the line improved slightly
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Bengals FO and Pollack:
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=9494350]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 06:22 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: If they would have drafted the center over Carman and still brought in the players they did from FA you would have

OBJ
Karras
That crazy good center
Cappa
Williams

Creed Humphrey is who you're thinking of.  I don't think it would make that much difference with Pollack, though.

We've invested a ton of draft capital and FA dollars into this OL.  We've literally seen quality FA's regress.  Pollack never should have lasted this long.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 06:45 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Bengals FO and Pollack:
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=9494350]

Yes sir lol

I think this was the nail in his coffin, sure hope so. And I used to support the guy big time. But all the dudes we brought in 
have gotten worse under him from where they played before and the young guys have not developed at all. That be bad. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 06:48 PM)Whatever Wrote: Creed Humphrey is who you're thinking of.  I don't think it would make that much difference with Pollack, though.

We've invested a ton of draft capital and FA dollars into this OL.  We've literally seen quality FA's regress.  Pollack never should have lasted this long.

Yep, Creed Humphrey or Quinn Meinerz have been playing great in the NFL and would of rather had them looking 
back but who knows how they would look with Pollack coaching them?
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 06:48 PM)Whatever Wrote: Creed Humphrey is who you're thinking of.  I don't think it would make that much difference with Pollack, though.

It would make a big difference even with pollack. Humphrey was always light years ahead of Volson

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 06:51 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: It would make a big difference even with pollack. Humphrey was always light years ahead of Volson

There's alot of Creed Humphrey in my guy out of WVU this year Zach Frazier including the wrestling background that shows up in the hands, leverage, and core strength on tape.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 07:00 PM)Synric Wrote: There's alot of Creed Humphrey in my guy out of WVU this year Zach Frazier including the wrestling background that shows up in the hands, leverage, and core strength on tape.

I don’t want glass eaters. I want ass eaters. Period.

Reply/Quote
The offensive scheme is mismatched with the line's strong suits - fix that and everything looks different. Also run - pass is way out of whack. Add in our long standing problems telegraphing the play by formation and such and the OL is set up to fail no matter who is up front.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 07:08 PM)Joelist Wrote: The offensive scheme is mismatched with the line's strong suits - fix that and everything looks different. Also run - pass is way out of whack. Add in our long standing problems telegraphing the play by formation and such and the OL is set up to fail no matter who is up front.

they addressed that problem last year when they switched midseason from zone to power

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 06:45 PM)Housh Wrote: The sacks being down is 80% Joe Burrow saving the line from sacks and 20% the line improved slightly

…and the run blocking is only slightly better. Rush production in the Red Zone is still terrible.
Reply/Quote
I want top notch OL coaches to go with top notch talent. I don’t care how they get there. As mentioned above the coaching is the common factor to go with the mediocrity. Players regress under Pollack. But I’ve had enough of Volson as a starter. Get the best C in F A. Move our C to LG. If there is another upgrade available, take it. Enough with the experiments and projects being looked to to start (looking at you Jackson Carman).
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
[Image: 2fc5491b-20df-4e5b-956c-e2e226261348_text.gif]
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote