Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Is Carman a bust?
I mean is this guy even active? If he is, has he even played 1 snap?
Reply/Quote
Yes.

/thread
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Again?
Reply/Quote
Could be one of Zac's flops.
Reply/Quote
It certainly looks that way. Volson isn't very good, and Carman can't beat him out. On top of that, his third on the depth chart behind Max Scharping. It's a pretty bleak outlook.
Reply/Quote
Trending that way. But maybe still too soon to give up on him completely.
Reply/Quote
Carmen and Drew Sample were bad 2nd round picks. We might still get something out of the latter but the former a liability every time he is on the field.

Reply/Quote
Too soon to tell. Is he where he should be as a 2nd round pick? Obviously not…

I have an idea.

Ready?

How about we stop drafting injured players?
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
Carman would have been a Fine draft pick for the XFL
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2022, 09:31 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Again?

Can he bust more than once? That’s a harsh indictment , man.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
When Clemson fans were questioning the pick, I knew the writing was on the wall day one.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2022, 09:36 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: It certainly looks that way. Volson isn't very good, and Carman can't beat him out. On top of that, his third on the depth chart behind Max Scharping. It's a pretty bleak outlook.

In our first 4 games Volson has been arguably our 3rd best lineman behind Karras and Cappa. Since his rough start against Heyward, he has been fine.
Reply/Quote
Sure seems to be heading that way.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2022, 09:43 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Trending that way. But maybe still too soon to give up on him completely.

I thought he played ok in a few games last year. Esp. The first Pittsburgh game. Maybe his work ethic is bad? It's crazy, he all but disappeared...
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2022, 09:57 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: In our first 4 games Volson has been arguably our 3rd best lineman behind Karras and Cappa. Since his rough start against Heyward, he has been fine.

He's a rookie too.  Gotta believe he's only gonna keep getting better..
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2022, 09:51 AM)SladeX Wrote: Too soon to tell. Is he where he should be as a 2nd round pick? Obviously not…

I have an idea.

Ready?

How about we stop drafting injured players?

I hated this pick because of that. I think Carman would've been a reach even without the injury..
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2022, 09:57 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: In our first 4 games Volson has been arguably our 3rd best lineman behind Karras and Cappa. Since his rough start against Heyward, he has been fine.

Well, that doesn't say what you think it says lol. The line hasn't been very good. Volson is part of that problem. I'm not sure where I'd place him, but I wouldn't categorize him as fine. Below average. He is a weak link. The bookends are playing poorly as well but that doesn't make Volson any better. He has flashed some positive things, which make me optimistic but he isn't there yet. Jaelan Phillips blew him up against Miami. Three pressures, a sack, and a penalty. That's not a great day.

He was great against Dallas, and okay against New York. Putrid against Pittsburgh and bad against Miami. 
Reply/Quote
Too young to tell but he is certainly trending toward being a bust.

Hope he somehow proves us all wrong though, but just don't see it happening.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2022, 09:32 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Could be one of Zac's flops.

So far, Taylor has really only hit on one 2nd rounder - Higgins.
And Higgins was pick 33, so basically a late 1st.

I knew Carman would have his challenges moving to OG, but I didn't think he'd be a weekly inactive in his 2nd season.

I didn't think he was so bad that a 4th round rookie would get the nod over him, but I also didn't think Adeniji deserved to get the start over him last year either.
We know how Adeniji performed last year (arguably worse than Carman did), and we see how Volson is this year (not good yet, but maybe/hopefully getting better as time goes by).

It's not a good sign that Carman will be a Bengal beyond this season.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2022, 10:36 AM)ochocincos Wrote: So far, Taylor has really only hit on one 2nd rounder - Higgins.
And Higgins was pick 33, so basically a late 1st.

I knew Carman would have his challenges moving to OG, but I didn't think he'd be a weekly inactive in his 2nd season.

I didn't think he was so bad that a 4th round rookie would get the nod over him, but I also didn't think Adeniji deserved to get the start over him last year either.
We know how Adeniji performed last year (arguably worse than Carman did), and we see how Volson is this year (not good yet, but maybe/hopefully getting better as time goes by).

It's not a good sign that Carman will be a Bengal beyond this season.

time to cut and absorb the loss and move on. He obviously has not worked out.
I hope this team hires some experienced O Line talent evaluators because they dont know what they are doing in this regard
Look at the pile of trash they have selected HIGH in last several yrs? Ogbuie, Fisher, Price, Carman etc....   
Reply/Quote