Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Dalton Hurt Or Tanking?
(12-08-2019, 06:38 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: He was practicing his slider.

I'm officially ready for baseball season, plus it signals the end of winter..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Andy's bad throws tend to be overthrows not one hoppers hard into the ground like he was throwing today. He was either consistently releasing the ball to late in his motion or something was preventing a complete follow-through

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 07:24 PM)grampahol Wrote: Play calling isn't helping either. On the 2 with 1st down with Joe running wild they throw it.. over and over and FG it in..
That spells 1st round pick. This game was most definitely winnable, but between piss poor play calling, penalties galore and ol noodle arm.. Well...let's just say they'll get the first pick and pretend it's someone who can play or even wants to play for the bungles..

I agree. Less passing will help Andy look better. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Remember when we were afraid ZT might bring im Tannehill? We are dumb.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 07:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I agree. Less passing will help Andy look better. 

I think this means we are in more need of a better QB than a different play caller. Preferably I want both, at the very least ZT give up playcalling duty. But when you have to hide your 9 year vet to make him look better, you need a new QB more. 
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 07:34 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I think this means we are in more need of a better QB than a different play caller. Preferably I want both, at the very least ZT give up playcalling duty. But when you have to hide your 9 year vet to make him look better, you need a new QB more. 

That may be a toss up. There's a good chance Andy is a better QB than Zac is a HC and Andy is terrible. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 07:34 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I think this means we are in more need of a better QB than a different play caller. Preferably I want both, at the very least ZT give up playcalling duty. But when you have to hide your 9 year vet to make him look better, you need a new QB more. 

Would be nice if they had Wide Receivers that could get open too. Right now with Tate hurt Boyd is the only receiver that can actually beat defensive backs and catch the ball consistently.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 07:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: That may be a toss up. There's a good chance Andy is a better QB than Zac is a HC and Andy is terrible. 

We've seen Andy do something at some point...ZT not so much. 

Still, I'll go with Boe Jurrow next year. 
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 07:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: That may be a toss up. There's a good chance Andy is a better QB than Zac is a HC and Andy is terrible. 
I guess if we had to choose ONLY one I would go with new QB. I trust a new QB to overcome poor playcalling than Andy to succeed with good playcalling at this point in his career. 
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 07:40 PM)Nately120 Wrote: We've seen Andy do something at some point...ZT not so much. 

Still, I'll go with Boe Jurrow next year. 

Oh yeah that's right, 4 years go Andy had a good year. Feels like ages ago. 
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 07:42 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Oh yeah that's right, 4 years go Andy had a good year. Feels like ages ago. 

Even an average year would be golden right about now. 
Reply/Quote
When Andy has a Good game one week, then a mediocre game the next week...and people start threads questioning it...

My reaction is - Haven't you seen the last 9 years? This is who Andy is.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 07:42 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Oh yeah that's right, 4 years go Andy had a good year. Feels like ages ago. 

That's 100% more good seasons than Zac Taylor has had...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 07:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I agree. Less passing will help Andy look better. 

Funny how Hue Jackson and Jay Gruden had him looking better than this though huh?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 11:06 PM)jason Wrote: Funny how Hue Jackson and Jay Gruden had him looking better than this though huh?

Remember the narrative before the season of how Taylor and his modern offense would breathe life into Andy's career?
Reply/Quote
Andy has been damaged goods for quite some time now unfortunately. He throws too high (see pick 6) or too low like he did at the end of the game. Andy has been pretty lucky to have guys who have gone all out (AJ, Marvin Jones, Eifert, now Tate) to get the ball for him throughout his career.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 11:13 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Remember the narrative before the season of how Taylor and his modern offense would breathe life into Andy's career?

I admit that was my hope... I'd never heard of the guy til his name popped up as a candidate here. He's part of a successful offensive coaching staff? Cool... I'm not a UC fan, and don't follow the Dolphins, so I had no idea of his track record... But it's not my job to either. So once I heard about how bad he'd been before the Rams (mostly from you), I was still hopeful. You learn a lot from failure... But damned if this guy hasn't been a huge disappointment.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Maybe he's just a mediocre QB.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 01:13 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Maybe he's just a mediocre QB.

That certainly wasn’t the case in 2011-2015, especially 2015. That was the year AJ McCarron pushed Andy to improve in training camp and Andy responded with greatness. I was at the games. I heard the “MVP!” chants.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 06:01 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Alright, some of these throws that Dalton has made today make me believe that he's either hurt or is just trying to suck so we get pissed and cut him.

That doesn't make sense though because what kind of team would sign a QB that has looked like he can't throw a ball?

It's almost like he's short-arming it or something.

Am I seeing this wrong?

Nope just Dalton being Dalton. Not sure what everyone’s expectations were with Andy coming back.
Reply/Quote