Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Erickson undervalued?
I can't help but feel like this guy could be a really solid NFL player, and I worry that we are just going to bury him on the depth chart over and over again. Every time he steps on the field, he produces.

Do you guys think Erickson is undervalued (in terms of WR) on this team?
Reply/Quote
Undervalued? Maybe. I think better talent is around him though. I'd be okay with trading him for a RG/RT.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
I really like Erickson. He will be our kr guy and likely our pr guys as well. I trust him back there more than ross. I think ross is capable, but Erickson is a smooth operator back there. Another steal the bengals got that was a 7th round pick was Clayton Fejedelem. The guys is a special teams stud and can play safety if need be at times
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2018, 07:29 PM)thillan Wrote: I can't help but feel like this guy could be a really solid NFL player, and I worry that we are just going to bury him on the depth chart over and over again. Every time he steps on the field, he produces.

Short answer? No. 

Long Answer? Noooo.
Reply/Quote
Erickson is what he is, a backup that looks great against reserve defenses. If he went to a team that was starving for receivers? He'd probably have some nice stats, until he got hurt..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I'm with you dude.  He is a producer.  He's the kind of guy the Patriots would make into a household name.  He's tough, smart and versatile.  He's clutch.

He's got the misfortune of being on a team that boasts Green and now Boyd, with Malone and Ross rising.

But he's the kind of guy who just gets you the tough first downs.  When you get into the real wars he'll just produce when everyone else is flagging.   I love players like him.

I'm glad every time they go to him.  I wish it was a little more.
Reply/Quote
I think he has a place and a role on this team.

Cody Core picked a bad time to be injured.

Is it just me or have our ST's looked pretty good so far? Good coverage and sure tackling.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2018, 07:51 PM)3wt Wrote: I'm with you dude.  He is a producer.  He's the kind of guy the Patriots would make into a household name.  He's tough, smart and versatile.  He's clutch.

He's got the misfortune of being on a team that boasts Green and now Boyd, with Malone and Ross rising.

But he's the kind of guy who just gets you the tough first downs.  When you get into the real wars he'll just produce when everyone else is flagging.   I love players like him.

Erickson's "super power" is that when a play breaks down, he goes to an area where the QB can see him.  Against good coverage, he's pretty mortal.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2018, 07:51 PM)3wt Wrote: I'm with you dude.  He is a producer.  He's the kind of guy the Patriots would make into a household name.  He's tough, smart and versatile.  .He's clutch

Boom. 

He is smart, tough, and clutch. Good characteristics to have in a WR corps going through a major transition.

Philips is coming for his job as the returner though. 
Reply/Quote
Can’t believe we are talking about Erickson? He’s not clutch. He’s mistake prone. He looks decent in preseason, but he’s fighting for a job like many others. In regular season, his judgement is off and he makes bad decisions. He’s less than avg on KR’s.

WTS, he has played somewhat better this year and hopefully has turned a corner. He does have a lot of talent. Yet I think he is a little overrated by some. I once thought he turned a corner on KR’s, then he started sucking again. Not falling for that disappointment again until he proves solid.

Reply/Quote
I think he could start at Slot if Boyd got hurt and I also think he will be a star in New England in two years.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2018, 11:16 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I think he could start at Slot if Boyd got hurt and I also think he will be a star in New England in two years.

Will Brady still be there in two years though ?

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2018, 07:45 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Erickson is what he is, a backup that looks great against reserve defenses. If he went to a team that was starving for receivers? He'd probably have some nice stats, until he got hurt..

(08-28-2018, 09:59 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Erickson's "super power" is that when a play breaks down, he goes to an area where the QB can see him.  Against good coverage, he's pretty mortal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4R5hJNNqR40

2:59.

I'm on a roll today Wink
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2018, 12:13 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4R5hJNNqR40

2:59.

I'm on a roll today Wink

Roby got caught flat footed thought Erickson was gonna cut toward the sideline at the sticks.

Erickson looks like a solid backup slot and return guy.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Something about Erickson is that he's usually a good safe pick on returns. He's not the type who's going to break many runs, but he doesn't often commit the unforgivable sin of turning the ball over. Ball security is probably the most important attribute overlooked by fans. Sure, a few TDs on returns would be great, but how many of you would make the trade off of turnovers for the occasional td? I'd much rather keep the ball every time if that's the choice. It's also why Tate stuck around so long until Erickson came along with his rookie contract.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2018, 11:24 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Will Brady still be there in two years though ?

Would it matter? Every back up they played looks like an all pro till they change teams.
Reply/Quote
Sucks as a return man but OK in the slot. Just too slow making decisions on when to cut and when to go. Something that made Adam Jones great.
Reply/Quote
I see Erickson as a solid KR and backup slot WR. He's like another Quan Cosby or 2005 Kevin Walter.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
He's a no frills #4, good backup for the slot, and decent returner. There's a place for someone like him on every team. It's that particular roster spot that seems to be undervalued here. I think Erickson fills that spot well, but I'm not expecting him to supplant AJ, Ross, or Boyd.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2018, 07:29 PM)thillan Wrote: I can't help but feel like this guy could be a really solid NFL player, and I worry that we are just going to bury him on the depth chart over and over again. Every time he steps on the field, he produces.

He's a good returner and is clutch when the team needs a play.

Is he going to wow anyone? Not really. But he's consistent and reliable and that fits the bill for Marvin Lewis.

Reply/Quote