Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Foster another burfict?
Not sure how he has played through his career i mainly watch big ten.but in the last 2 games now against Washington and against Clemson he has 2 unnecessary roughness/late hit penalties. Something to watch for.
Reply/Quote
Burfict plays hard, but lacks discipline and is a cheap shot artist.  Foster just plays hard. Saban wouldn't tolerate Burfict's BS the way Marvin Lewis does. But, in Lewis' defense, Saban has more power/control at Alabama than Lewis does at Cincinnati.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 10:58 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Not sure how he has played through his career i mainly watch big ten.but in the last 2 games now against Washington and against Clemson he has 2 unnecessary roughness/late hit penalties. Something to watch for.

He's a similar player.  He probably has more range than Burfict, but isn't as good a pass rusher.  He's less of a head case, and falls more on the side of tough/hardnosed than dirty/cheap.  Like Burfict, he's not great in coverage.

Personally, he's rated higher than he should be.  He's a great run defender, but lack of coverage skills and/or pass rush ability translates to a two down thumper in the NFL.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 01:19 AM)Whatever Wrote: He's a similar player.  He probably has more range than Burfict, but isn't as good a pass rusher.  He's less of a head case, and falls more on the side of tough/hardnosed than dirty/cheap.  Like Burfict, he's not great in coverage.

Personally, he's rated higher than he should be.  He's a great run defender, but lack of coverage skills and/or pass rush ability translates to a two down thumper in the NFL.
see if we're gonna draft someone like that would rather trade down and get McMillan who imo is the best run stopper in the draft and he's good in coverage not elite but good.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 01:30 AM)Jpoore Wrote: see if we're gonna draft someone like that would rather trade down and get McMillan who imo is the best run stopper in the draft and he's good in coverage not elite but good.

McMillan, Jarrad Davis, or Cunningham(if he falls that far), would all be good gets in the 2nd, imo.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 01:57 AM)Whatever Wrote: McMillan, Jarrad Davis, or Cunningham(if he falls that far), would all be good gets in the 2nd, imo.
I agree. I thought Foster was elite in coverage as well. Now that I know he's not if we don't go williams/davis/hooker at 9 I would trade down to 20ish maybe late teens get a second rounder at least so our draft board could look something like this. 1st round Walker 2nd round McMillan/davis 2nd pick 2nd round pat elflien then 3rd 2nd round pick of 2nd round(due to mccarron trade?)  juju Smith Schuster? If not we would be fine with another lb get that core built up with great young lbs. Ik that was confusing so hear you go. 

1st round. Pick 20ish. Demarcus walker
2nd round. McMillan
2nd round. Elflien.
2nd round Shuster/davis 
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 01:19 AM)Whatever Wrote: He's a similar player.  He probably has more range than Burfict, but isn't as good a pass rusher.  He's less of a head case, and falls more on the side of tough/hardnosed than dirty/cheap.  Like Burfict, he's not great in coverage.

Really?  guess PFF and every other draftnik has been fooled by him.  Rolleyes

https://www.profootballfocus.com/college-football-reuben-foster-is-the-best-most-complete-lb-alabama-crimson-tide/

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 02:22 AM)Jpoore Wrote: I agree. I thought Foster was elite in coverage as well. Now that I know he's not if we don't go williams/davis/hooker at 9 I would trade down to 20ish maybe late teens get a second rounder at least so our draft board could look something like this. 1st round Walker 2nd round McMillan/davis 2nd pick 2nd round pat elflien then 3rd 2nd round pick of 2nd round(due to mccarron trade?)  juju Smith Schuster? If not we would be fine with another lb get that core built up with great young lbs. Ik that was confusing so hear you go. 

1st round. Pick 20ish. Demarcus walker
2nd round. McMillan
2nd round. Elflien.
2nd round Shuster/davis 

When did you figure that out?
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 04:54 AM)Burma Wrote: Really?  guess PFF and every other draftnik has been fooled by him.  Rolleyes

https://www.profootballfocus.com/college-football-reuben-foster-is-the-best-most-complete-lb-alabama-crimson-tide/

Every draftnik site had Rey Maualuga, a similar type of player, as a consensus Top 10 pick, too.  Would you take Rey in the Top 10?
Reply/Quote
He looked pretty good in coverage to me. Did you see him cover the slot man on a wheel route? Watson wanted to throw it deep but Foster was stride for stride with him 40 yds. downfield.

And who says Burfict is weak in coverage? Doesn't PFF have him as one of the top rated LB's in the NFL in coverage?

I was watching Foster all night and he is the complete LB package. In addition, he is the unquestioned leader of a defense that will have a half dozen players taken in the first round.

LB is our weakest position. I would be very very happy with Foster or Mike Williams.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 11:26 AM)Whatever Wrote: Every draftnik site had Rey Maualuga, a similar type of player, as a consensus Top 10 pick, too.  Would you take Rey in the Top 10?

So funny when people try to do this. He is similar to Patrick Willis too, would you draft Patrick Willis in the top 10? We can do the fake comparisons all day, trying to match a player to another player is one of the worst things you can do when evaluating players because all of them are different and came from different circumstances. Not saying I want him, but that is a lazy comparison.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 11:58 AM)Au165 Wrote: So funny when people try to do this. He is similar to Patrick Willis too, would you draft Patrick Willis in the top 10? We can do the fake comparisons all day, trying to match a player to another player is one of the worst things you can do when evaluating players because all of them are different and came from different circumstances. Not saying I want him, but that is a lazy comparison.

The underlying point in that post is that the pundits are often wrong in their evaluating.  Just because a bunch of draft sites say a guy is a top 10 pick doesn't mean real NFL personnel people see them that way.  Maualuga was a guy the pundits said was a Top 10 pick, we took him at the top of 2, and he was only really worth a late third.  Or look at Billings.  The pundits slated him as a late 1st and he fell to the end of 4.
Reply/Quote
I'm kinda partial to the Boulware kid that was calling Bama's plays from his position and lining up teammates to snuff them out.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 01:21 PM)Whatever Wrote: The underlying point in that post is that the pundits are often wrong in their evaluating.  Just because a bunch of draft sites say a guy is a top 10 pick doesn't mean real NFL personnel people see them that way.  Maualuga was a guy the pundits said was a Top 10 pick, we took him at the top of 2, and he was only really worth a late third.  Or look at Billings.  The pundits slated him as a late 1st and he fell to the end of 4.

That is literally the whole draft, anyone you name you could say that about. He said he was similar to Maualuga, except he isn't at all in their skill sets or size.
Reply/Quote
Foster is the guy I hope we take in the 1st. He and Burfict would be a great duo.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 11:26 AM)Whatever Wrote: Every draftnik site had Rey Maualuga, a similar type of player, as a consensus Top 10 pick, too.  Would you take Rey in the Top 10?

Ok you clearly have never watched Foster lmao similar to Maualuga?!?!?! Only similarity is they both play LB
Reply/Quote

No, they did not.  Quit making shit up.  Wait, that last question.. an assumption of action calculated to diminish OP credibility and bolster your own point.. you're Fredtoast's alt while he is suspended aren't you? Hmm

Quote:Projected Round: 1  Stock: [Image: same.gif]  High: 12-20  Low: Early 2
Rated number 1 out of 148 ILB's     20 / 2485 TOTAL

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=57021&draftyear=2009&genpos=ILB

Quote:A three-time all-conference selection and 2009 All-American, Maualuga is a difference-maker worthy of a top-20 selection in the 2009 draft.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/rey-maualuga?id=79852

Quote:OVR: 20  Pos. Rank: 1  Name: Rey Maualuga   Pos.  ILB    School:  Southern California   Ht.: 6-2   Wt.:  250  

https://web.archive.org/web/20090428184126/http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/559367

There you go champ.  Mid 1st to early second.

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 01:21 PM)Whatever Wrote: The underlying point in that post is that the pundits are often wrong in their evaluating.  Just because a bunch of draft sites say a guy is a top 10 pick doesn't mean real NFL personnel people see them that way.  Maualuga was a guy the pundits said was a Top 10 pick, we took him at the top of 2, and he was only really worth a late third.  Or look at Billings.  The pundits slated him as a late 1st and he fell to the end of 4.

Again, you double down on your made up stats. You don't gain credit or look knowledgeable when you pull this crap.  You look uneducated and like your talking over your head. 

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 01:31 PM)Au165 Wrote: That is literally the whole draft, anyone you name you could say that about. He said he was similar to Maualuga, except he isn't at all in their skill sets or size.

Exactly, so we can't have a differing opinions from the pundits?

They aren't clones, but they are pretty similar coming out of college.  Maualuga was bigger, and Foster is faster, but people forget that Rey was a sideline to sideline guy and his athleticism was highly touted in college.  Both guys were team leaders and feared hitters.  Both guys displayed good block shedding ability, instincts, and play diagnosis.  Both guys tend to be overaggressive and take bad angles occasionally.  Both guys can get manipulated in coverage by the QB.  The issue is, we tend to mix up the Rey Maualuga we got with what he was touted to be in college
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 08:04 PM)Burma Wrote: No, they did not.  Quit making shit up.  Wait, that last question.. an assumption of action calculated to diminish OP credibility and bolster your own point.. you're Fredtoast's alt while he is suspended aren't you? Hmm

There you go champ.  Mid 1st to early second.

I stand corrected on Maualuga being a Top 10 pick come draft time.  He was a consensus Top 10 pick at this point  in the draft process, but I forgot that he dropped a bit around the combine.

As far as your name calling and other nonsense, we can have different opinions and have a discussion, or you can keep on puffing yourself up like a 13 year old virgin trying to act hard in front some high school girls.

But I find it funny you used NFLDraftscout.com as an example, because they have Foster at 16, which would mean mid-1st, atm.
Reply/Quote