Poll: Gio the starter now?
Yes
NO
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Gio the starter now?
Since Gio got a payday, now being paid as a top 10 running back...

Do you think he is the starter right now? (By starter I mean, does he get most of the carries/workload)

He's getting paid an average around $5.1m/yr with his new extension.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
I think the work load will be close to even with some weeks one out pacing the other, but eventually evening out.
Reply/Quote
I don't think anything will change between the two.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Gio is so good in the backfield that he will never be labeled as the starting running back, but in my book he already is. I haven't hid that im not a fan of Hill, but I hope he corrects some of his issues.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Gio is a playmaker and has great hands for a RB, but if anyone is expecting him to start and carry the load as a runner, it's probably never going to happen. He's more of a Pierre Thomas type of player as far as what we can expect out of him, production-wise. Nothing wrong with that at all, either. Thomas was a great player for a long time. He just wasn't a "bell cow" or whatever Hobspin calls it.

For that reason, we'll always need a guy like Hill or Green-Ellis to take a huge chunk of the carries.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
As last year, it'll depend on the game plan or situation.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2016, 05:39 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Since Gio got a payday, now being paid as a top 10 running back...

Do you think he is the starter right now? (By starter I mean, does he get most of the carries/workload)

Jeremy Hill will forever live in Bengal infamy.
Reply/Quote
Nope and I say that with zero hesitation. Gio is not a 3 down back and to use him that way would be a waste of his talents. Guy needs to used in space.

Hill just needs to his shit together and be the man. We know he can do it, now he needs to figure that out.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-08-2016, 11:49 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Nope and I say that with zero hesitation. Gio is not a 3 down back and to use him that way would be a waste of his talents. Guy needs to used in space.

Hill just needs to his shit together and be the man. We know he can do it, now he needs to figure that out.

We know he fumbles
Reply/Quote
Does it matter who starts?

Both will play a ton.
Reply/Quote
I would argue he always was.

If Gio isn't cheap shotted by that Steelers LB in the playoff game, you know he's on the field during that last possession, not Hill.

And Gio wouldn't have fumbled.
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2016, 07:43 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I would argue he always was.

If Gio isn't cheap shotted by that Steelers LB in the playoff game, you know he's on the field during that last possession, not Hill.

And Gio wouldn't have fumbled.

Speculation.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
Locking up 1 while they can... and the other one isn't available for extending yet.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2016, 11:48 PM)tlotharw Wrote: Jeremy Hill will forever live in Bengal infamy.

Not if he rushes for 130 and 2 TDs in the playoffs this year.... and doesn't fumble when they are killing clock of course.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2016, 07:43 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: And Gio wouldn't have fumbled.

Gio has 2 fumbles in only 38 post season touches, and one of them was on the Chargers 2 yard line when we were set to score a huge td.
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2016, 11:55 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Gio has 2 fumbles in only 38 post season touches, and one of them was on the Chargers 2 yard line when we were set to score a huge td.

Ya, hopefully Gio and Hill can bond on their similar historys of destroying playoff momentum... Atleast Gios was in the first half so he wasn't blamed the whole off season lol.
Reply/Quote
Still a 1A and 1B situation imho.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2016, 11:49 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Nope and I say that with zero hesitation. Gio is not a 3 down back and to use him that way would be a waste of his talents. Guy needs to used in space.

I don't think Hill is a 3 down back either... not strong in the pass game
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2016, 05:39 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Since Gio got a payday, now being paid as a top 10 running back...

I voted no cause there really isn't such a thing as a starter at this position. We should use them pretty much
equally depending on how they play and if Hill keeps fumbling. It depends really. If Hill gets back to what he
was doing late his rookie year i am for him getting more of the workload and carries.

But if it is like last year Gio should get more especially if Hill turns the ball over.

Both are extremely talented and if both are playing great they could be the best tandem in the NFL honestly.
Reply/Quote
Unless Hill really struggles I think it'll still be about a 50/50 split between the two. Gio's versatility might have him on the field more than Hill, but I don't know that it'll always be at HB.

Yeah, he did get top 10 HB money. However if you noticed, he's #10, and his deal is the newest. Usually the newly signed contracts skew more to the top, not the bottom of the top 10, the Bengals got a deal. It is a good payday for Gio, but they're not exactly breaking the bank. The three year extension is worth about a million more than Adrian Peterson will cost just for this season. Granted, Peterson is stupidly overpaid, but my point is this isn't like the Demarco Murray contract the Eagles gave out last year. I haven't seen the guaranteed number yet, but considering the Bengals paid Antonio Bryant 8 million+ to hang out with them for the spring and training camp one year, at 15.5 mil/3 I'm cool with the cost regardless of if Gio starts or comes in off the bench.
Reply/Quote