Poll: Gio the starter now?
Yes
NO
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Gio the starter now?
(06-12-2016, 07:27 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I don't think 2014 was an aberration. We are better off with Gio as our leadoff man. We are less predictable in play calling with Gio back there. Gio is the better outside runner and bigger threat in the pass game. He opens more of the field. And makes defenses cover more ground. Once the Gio gets the defense a little worn down Hill comes in like a hot knife through butter.

Coming out firing with Gio. Get the lead and put Hill to work as the closer.

agree with this strategy 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I voted no only because I think the point is irrelevant. He, Hill, and Burkhead should be used in a rotation to keep them all healthy and give them all the opportunity to make big plays down the stretch and in to the post season.
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2016, 11:55 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Gio has 2 fumbles in only 38 post season touches, and one of them was on the Chargers 2 yard line when we were set to score a huge td.

A good point, but thanks for bringing up one of the most frustrating losses of Bengal History...but that fumble was a big part of the loss.  My emotions went from "He's going to score!" to "He just lost the game" in the blink of an eye.  
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2016, 03:02 PM)Nately120 Wrote: [Image: 2510986_orig.png]

But seriously, it's interesting how some think we'll NEVER get over Hill fumbling in 2015 while we are citing that a RB who fumbled in 2013 would NEVER fumble in a crucial playoff spot!   

Good point.  Against SD it was Dalton's fault...according to the masses.  He wasn't on the field to blame the putzburg loss on, I guess. 
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2016, 05:11 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Hill is going to have a great year.    Just watch.

I agree with this.  It should serve as a great source of motivation for Hill.  I remember how he faced the press and handled everything (instead of ducking out as many others would have) and how he has seemingly matured since he has arrived here.

If he has a Pro Bowl caliber season (even if it is in Orlando), and we are able to keep Eifert and Green healthy, watch out.  
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2016, 12:36 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah just because Gio > Hill as a receiver, that doesn't mean Hill = BJGE in that deoartment. Hill has done just fine when called upon to do that.

Exactly, and Gio showed last year that he can hit the hole hard and run between the tackles.  You can't allow the defense to scheme on the player too easily.  I thought Hill needed to have more targets in the passing game.  As does Burkhead.  

Checkdowns may not be sexy, but it moves the chains, is low-risk, and that is how a guy like Brady has lived so long in the NFL.  It isn't his down the field game.  
Reply/Quote