Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Hill back? AJ Green talking shit. Hue Jackson's 1st and 5..
Why were Hill and Gio underutilized this game when it was shown that they were performing very well today?

AJ Green was talking shit when the Steelers were penalized for taunting him. We threw two quick passes to him right after to try and open up the deep ball (which Andy and AJ eventually connected on). But I thought for sure we'd go deep to AJ right after they're talking shit to him. I think we haven't seen what a mad AJ Green can do on the field.

I'm not sure why we weren't running the ball more when it seemed like we were killing it. Lots of mistakes that game, a gritty win, but it probably would have been 14+ win if we noticed we had 2 pro-bowl caliber running backs.

1st and goal on the 5, 3 passes. Are you telling me J. Hill can't get in after 4 tries? I think Andy gave AJ an unannounced audible on the 1st down since he was single covered, though.

Gio with 1 carry by my estimation, 12 yards. 1 carry. Hill with 3 carries by the half. Huh? Stat line looks like Hill got used a lot more in the 2nd half, but I think we can agree the play-calling was strange enough to almost lose the game.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 06:39 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Why were Hill and Gio underutilized this game when it was shown that they were performing very well today?

AJ Green was talking shit when the Steelers were penalized for taunting him. We threw two quick passes to him right after to try and open up the deep ball (which Andy and AJ eventually connected on). But I thought for sure we'd go deep to AJ right after they're talking shit to him. I think we haven't seen what a mad AJ Green can do on the field.

I'm not sure why we weren't running the ball more when it seemed like we were killing it. Lots of mistakes that game, a gritty win, but it probably would have been 14+ win if we noticed we had 2 pro-bowl caliber running backs.

1st and goal on the 5, 3 passes. Are you telling me J. Hill can't get in after 4 tries?

Gio with 1 carry by my estimation, 12 yards. 1 carry. Hill with 3 carries by the half. Huh? Stat line looks like Hill got used a lot more in the 2nd half, but I think we can agree the play-calling was strange enough to almost lose the game.

I hear you there.  Maybe we review, evaluate, and fix some of that stuff!
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 06:39 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Why were Hill and Gio underutilized this game when it was shown that they were performing very well today?

1st and goal on the 5, 3 passes. Are you telling me J. Hill can't get in after 4 tries? I think Andy gave AJ an unannounced audible on the 1st down since he was single covered, though.

The looks the Steelers were giving were likely making Andy stay in pass situations or audible to them.  I also guess that AD and Hue were getting fooled by those looks most of the game which is why they had such a hard time passing because they were run looks that were actually pass defenses.  So we didn;t run into run looks, when we should have.  My guess is the Steelers changed the looks they've bene using all year and we either didn't adapt they changed them again at half time.  We broke through eventually though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
yeah with the blitzes they kept coming with on the outside i was disappointed with the lack of runs between the guards…but they won, so i'm not bitching, just questioning...
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 06:46 PM)Stewy Wrote: The looks the Steelers were giving were likely making Andy stay in pass situations or audible to them.  I also guess that AD and Hue were getting fooled by those looks most of the game which is why they had such a hard time passing because they were run looks that were actually pass defenses.  So we didn;t run into run looks, when we should have.  My guess is the Steelers changed the looks they've bene using all year and we either didn't adapt they changed them again at half time.  We broke through eventually though.

you are probably right on this
Reply/Quote
Didn't Andy spend time with House again over the bye week? His mechanics were bad....mainly due to running for his life or pressure from blitzes....but he was throwing high again today like in past years. I hope he gets on that and gets it fixed. He nearly got MLJ killed....and Eifert too!
Reply/Quote
Loved AJ Jawing, and we need to run more and not make it so obvious, we come out in a jumbo set, they KNOW its a run, I know Hue will address this.

Thank you to your Defense!
Reply/Quote
O-line play left a lot to be desired today.
Reply/Quote

If Hill wad a beast today, why did we go 3 and out with him running three straight times that could have sealed the game
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 06:50 PM)Beaker Wrote: Didn't Andy spend time with House again over the bye week? His mechanics were bad....mainly due to running for his life or pressure from blitzes....but he was throwing high again today like in past years. I hope he gets on that and gets it fixed. He nearly got MLJ killed....and Eifert too!

Commented on this to my Dad too, why is Andy throwing high again? Lol. Why fix something that isn't broken!

I hate to see floating screen passes to Gio, shades of the past where he got blown up 2 games in a row, injuring him. Better to just throw those away or fire it at full force.

Definitely didn't like to see the high passes either getting receivers in trouble, even a couple to AJ he had to stretch. For the most part all year dalton's accuracy has been excellent, this game it was questionable. I wonder when ti gets cold and windy how we're going to perform before we realize it's time to start running. I think we would have won a superbowl by now if NFL took place during 60 degrees no wind all year long, haha.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 06:57 PM)Anderson HOF Wrote: If Hill wad a beast today, why did we go 3 and out with him running three straight times that could have sealed the game

It's a different thing to run the ball when they know you're going to run it. I definitely have not liked Hill most of the year, but he did very well today overall - hit the holes when they were there, stopped worrying as much about fumbling the ball. Seeing Gio rush only once is questionable.

Gio was not able to hold the pass rush, so when he's in the game it has to be a run or dink/dunk pass to him - against the Steelers.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 06:57 PM)Anderson HOF Wrote: If Hill wad a beast today, why did we go 3 and out with him running three straight times that could have sealed the game

Because everyone in the stadium knew what was coming.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 06:58 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Commented on this to my Dad too, why is Andy throwing high again? Lol. Why break something that isn't broken, Andy!

I hate to see floating screen passes to Gio, shades of the past where he got blown up 2 games in a row, injuring him. Better to just throw those away or fire it at full force.

Definitely didn't like to see the high passes either getting receivers in trouble, even a couple to AJ he had to stretch. For the most part all year dalton's accuracy has been excellent, this game it was questionable. I wonder when ti gets cold and windy how we're going to perform before we realize it's time to start running. I think we would have won a superbowl by now if NFL took place during 60 degrees no wind all year long, haha.
Passes were high because the OL was horrible.  When you are running for your life you are going to throw high.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 07:00 PM)Junglejuice Wrote: Passes were high because the OL was horrible.  When you are running for your life you are going to throw high.

Blitzes almost every play my friend.
Reply/Quote
If i wasn't mistaken, Burfict had the first two tackles in the game, minor i know, but it was great to see...
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 07:08 PM)SB50Champs Wrote: If i wasn't mistaken, Burfict had the first two tackles in the game, minor i know, but it was great to see...

Burfict is just a beast, leading tackler in the league, just what the Defense needs.

The cleveland game will be fun, @ home. Browns always fight hard. But @ home, I see no chance.
Reply/Quote
Lets not get it twisted... Giovanni Bernard is the best running back on this team and they're making a mistake not giving him more runs. Hill must be sucking off Hue because its ridiculous this guy is still our first string.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 07:11 PM)Okeana Wrote: Lets not get it twisted... Giovanni Bernard is the best running back on this team and they're making a mistake not giving him more runs.  Hill must be sucking off Hue because its ridiculous this guy is still our first string.

I've been preaching that most of the year too, Hill ran well today. I do question 1 carry for Gio. I think he must have been furious on the sideline regardless of what he says in interviews/etc, lol. Gio is a very good carrier, that is on Hue jackson IMO.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 07:11 PM)Okeana Wrote: Lets not get it twisted... Giovanni Bernard is the best running back on this team and they're making a mistake not giving him more runs.  Hill must be sucking off Hue because its ridiculous this guy is still our first string.

I see why your mood is sassy... Mellow
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 07:16 PM)SB50Champs Wrote: I see why your mood is sassy... Mellow

very.  If i were gio I would go sign with a top tier team and get a shot at first string.  most games this year gio runs the ball all the way down the field.  hill runs for 1 yard and a touchdown.  then the media praises hill.  

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote