Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Hue a media junkie, too hungry for the spotlight?
Something I've noticed whenever I go onto NFL.com is that there's always multiple Hue stories/pieces on there (Johnny F, Goff's Pro Day, Interview with Mike Silver, RGIII acquisition, Cutting the roster)

I appreciate he's a new Head coach but he's not the only one out there so why all the focus? The Browns press since Hue has joined way outweighs their recent success/ position yet he's always there with a quote or a viewpoint.

I think he's close with some of the media (e.g. Michael Silver) so maybe its just that but it just seems he's way too visible at this point when actually he's not done anything with the Browns.

Just get the feel he's maybe a bit too comfortable with the spotlight being on him...
Reply/Quote
For good or ill the Browns are doing "stuff" and NFL.com is supposed to tell people when stuff is happening.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
are Doug Pederson, Adam Gase, and Ben McAdoo not doing 'stuff' too...
Reply/Quote
The media chooses what stories to cover, not the subject
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2016, 12:53 AM)Nately120 Wrote: For good or ill the Browns are doing "stuff" and NFL.com is supposed to tell people when stuff is happening.

(04-07-2016, 11:07 AM)Sabretooth Wrote: The media chooses what stories to cover, not the subject

Yup and yup.

Even when the Browns were stinking last year, the Browns made headlines. When will Manziel play? Will he play drunk? Is he wearing a wig under his helmet? How long until their coach is fired? What player is going to be suspended today?

When you're a 24 hour news service, you've got to fill the time with something, and the Browns always have something going on. lus, for the media, it's impossible to cover a Browns story wrong.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2016, 11:11 AM)Benton Wrote: Yup and yup.

Even when the Browns were stinking last year, the Browns made headlines. When will Manziel play? Will he play drunk? Is he wearing a wig under his helmet? How long until their coach is fired? What player is going to be suspended today?

When you're a 24 hour news service, you've got to fill the time with something, and the Browns always have something going on. lus, for the media, it's impossible to cover a Browns story wrong.

True ....I guess as its soap opera over there it lends itself to more media coverage especially in the offseason.
Reply/Quote
Heck the Browns can be win less on the season and they would still show Cleveland games over Cincinnati games on TV in Columbus.

No matter how much the Browns suck, the fans still watch/support the team.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
The media seeks Hue out. He doesn't go looking for them.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2016, 04:10 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: The media seeks Hue out. He doesn't go looking for them.

True.  But you probably won't see him flee from it either.  He likes him some attention.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
He is not a media junkie.

He is a media *****, twerking on the microphone!

J/K
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2016, 11:35 PM)magikod Wrote: Heck the Browns can be win less on the season and they would still show Cleveland games over Cincinnati games on TV in Columbus.

No matter how much the Browns suck, the fans still watch/support the team.

Not true.  Over the last 5 years they have aired way more Bengals games vs Browns game when they are in the same time slot and same network.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2016, 04:44 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: Not true.  Over the last 5 years they have aired way more Bengals games vs Browns game when they are in the same time slot and same network.

in the Columbus area? i beg to differ
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote