Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you take one Year away from your life span if someone said they would give you
(07-28-2015, 12:01 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: an interesting one:

Would you take an extra 10 years if it meant you lost all of your memories up to this moment?

It's taken me 30 years to learn what I know from trials and errors, no way I give that up.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I would prefer my wife answer this one.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Would you give up a year of life to be in the top 1% of beautiful people in the world?
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2015, 06:17 PM)EatonFan Wrote: Would you give up a year of life to be in the top 1% of beautiful people in the world?

No- beauty is in the eye of the beholder
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2015, 06:17 PM)EatonFan Wrote: Would you give up a year of life to be in the top 1% of beautiful people in the world?

Hell yeah.  Good looking people are treated better and get lots of benefits that other people do not.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2015, 02:51 PM)GodFather Wrote: This is a twilight zone question. You answer yes and in 2 days you die!

Submitted for your approval.

(07-28-2015, 07:53 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: No- beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Beer-holder.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2015, 12:02 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes.  In a second.  

I currently spend about 2000 hours a year working.  That is over 1/3rd of my waking hours.  So I would come out way ahead just by eliminating work.  And that does not include the massive upgrade in my quality of life.

Also I could help my children and other family members have better lives.

Wow, that's it??

Most successful attorneys that I know, spend a great many more hours per year working, than that..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Why would I want to be less beautiful? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-28-2015, 10:01 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Wow, that's it??

Most successful attorneys that I know, spend a great many more hours per year working, than that..

Well maybe Fred's not that successful Ninja
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2015, 12:01 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: an interesting one:

Would you take an extra 10 years if it meant you lost all of your memories up to this moment?

No. Not a chance.

Would you do the memory thing like on the episode of Black Mirror. With the implant.
Reply/Quote

I would give up a year to have my wife be in the top 1% of the most beautiful people in the world.

I would make up for it by hittin that non-stop till I died.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2015, 10:01 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Wow, that's it??

I don't live to work. 

There is more to life than working at a job.

Fifty 40 hour weeks is plenty.
Reply/Quote
yes
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2015, 03:06 PM)Nately120 Wrote: That wasn't part of the agreement at all!  I thought the Twilight Zone was a bit more fair than that.

It was. The Twilight Zone episode featured a man who could swap atributes with people, so this old guy literally buys the man's youth for an outrageous sum (like $1,000,000). The man became old, but he didn't die on the spot. Instead he found a young bellboy of 19, paid him a much smaller sum (like $100) to buy a year of life off of him (aging the bellboy to 20), then told the young man to tell his young friends about this deal. In this way, he got his youth back and kept most of the money.

Of course, it didn't work out in the end for him, but for an entirely diferent reason.

Per the original question, I'd say no because I'm worried about a twist where it meant I'd die today instead of a year from now, or worse yet, it takes away one of my exisiting years. Even if it simply meant reducing my ideal potential lifespan, I'd have to decline. Life is priceless.
Because steel is stronger than iron.
Reply/Quote