Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you take one Year away from your life span if someone said they would give you
25 Million dollars?  
Reply/Quote
Yes. In a second.

I currently spend about 2000 hours a year working. That is over 1/3rd of my waking hours. So I would come out way ahead just by eliminating work. And that does not include the massive upgrade in my quality of life.

Also I could help my children and other family members have better lives.
Reply/Quote
In a hearbeat.

You'd have to get up to 15-20 years for me to have to seriously consider taking the years, but then again I'm still in my 20s.
Reply/Quote
Yes. As others have said...the upgrade in quality of life is worth it. With 25 million dollars, you'll never have to work again and you can live an extremely comfortable life. If you wisely invest, you can live a pretty lavish life with that kind of cash. I'm currently away from my family for about 150 days a year....giving up the final year of my life would allow me to see them daily and increase the amount of life that I spend with the people that I love.

I think I'd actually do it for much less.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Absolutely. No explanation necessary.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Swing and a miss......

Maybe the questions is, What is the least amount one would take to lose a year of their life?
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2015, 09:59 AM)Au165 Wrote: Swing and a miss......

Maybe the questions is, What is the least amount one would take to lose a year of their life?

I'd do it for 1 mil.  

If i maintained the exact lifestyle i have right now, I could survive with a job, with far less pressure/responsibility/commute with that million in the bank. The hours would be a lot less and I can do something much more mundane and spend more time casting my rod.
Reply/Quote
Make that 13 years off my lifespan based on what I'd spend much of the $25 million on.

[Image: ac88389f09103ba9c5b54c12f0462d96.jpg]
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Everyone is saying yes, but since you don't know when you are going to die, the kicker is....what if you just have a year left? What if you are going to die in an accident, get murdered, or have a heart attack next year? Personally, I want every available second I have to spend with my wife and daughter. I have a job I love, and am not rich, but we live comfortably within our means. You only get one go round, I don't want it cut any shorter.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2015, 10:47 AM)Beaker Wrote: Everyone is saying yes, but since you don't know when you are going to die, the kicker is....what if you just have a year left? What if you are going to die in an accident, get murdered, or have a heart attack next year? Personally, I want every available second I have to spend with my wife and daughter. I have a job I love, and am not rich, but we live comfortably within our means. You only get one go round, I don't want it cut any shorter.

Agreed, but the way I see it, you're just extending it. With that much money, if you want to spend more time with your family, you can. As Fred mentioned, if you work an average American work week, you're spending 1/3rd to 1/2 your life working and not with your loved ones. If I could cut that down and still give them the opportunities and life they have, I'd save more than a year.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2015, 11:51 AM)Benton Wrote: Agreed, but the way I see it, you're just extending it. With that much money, if you want to spend more time with your family, you can. As Fred mentioned, if you work an average American work week, you're spending 1/3rd to 1/2 your life working and not with your loved ones. If I could cut that down and still give them the opportunities and life they have, I'd save more than a year.

That may be true for someone who doesn't want to be at their job. But I enjoy my job, and I get summers to spend lots of extra time with my family. So for me, I don't want to shorten my life at all.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2015, 11:17 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: 25 Million dollars?  

considering any second could be your last as long as my timer wasnt under a year already YES
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2015, 10:47 AM)Beaker Wrote: Everyone is saying yes, but since you don't know when you are going to die, the kicker is....what if you just have a year left? What if you are going to die in an accident, get murdered, or have a heart attack next year? Personally, I want every available second I have to spend with my wife and daughter. I have a job I love, and am not rich, but we live comfortably within our means. You only get one go round, I don't want it cut any shorter.

Look at you bragging about having a life you wouldn't trade for money, ooooh la la Mr. Fancypants.
Reply/Quote
This is a twilight zone question. You answer yes and in 2 days you die!
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2015, 02:51 PM)GodFather Wrote: This is a twilight zone question. You answer yes and in 2 days you die!

That wasn't part of the agreement at all!  I thought the Twilight Zone was a bit more fair than that.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2015, 11:17 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: 25 Million dollars?  

Sure.  I just hope I'm not dying next year  :)
Reply/Quote
Yes. Even if I die tomorrow, my family would be then set up for life.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2015, 04:18 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Yes. Even if I die tomorrow, my family would be then set up for life.

True, but at the same time I bet they would pay that 25 million just to have you back for that one year....

If you had 25 million dollars would you pay that to have 1 more year with a loved one that you have lost?
Reply/Quote
Yea, as Fred said, this eliminates the need for work and means I will enjoy more than an extra year in my life.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
an interesting one:

Would you take an extra 10 years if it meant you lost all of your memories up to this moment?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote