Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is J. Hill slumping, or is G. Bernard better?
(09-27-2015, 09:20 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: 59 games now.

There ya go.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 09:20 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: 59 games now.

With the way Dalton was playing, the Ravens wouldn't have been able to stack the box and Hill would have run wild on them.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 10:23 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: With the way Dalton was playing, the Ravens wouldn't have been able to stack the box and Hill would have run wild on them.

Hill hasn't run wild on anyone this year. Right now, i'd settle for him running tamely adequate. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Hill will get it rolling eventually.

Think those fumbles have got him hesitant and thinking instead of relying on his instincts.

Normalcy will return for Hill. But Gio is on a mission right now.

What a luxury it is having Gio and Hill.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I really think that teams are daring AD to beat them and stacking the box run heavy and that is the major issue.

I don't think it is Hill or Bernard, frankly.
Reply/Quote
Hill didn't have anywhere to go TODAY. The lines run blocking was awful. LAST WEEK was all on him though.

Reply/Quote
Yes, Bodine did not play well today. I am continuing to lose faith in this guy.
Also, the Raven's defense is not bad, except the secondary.

Reply/Quote
Hill is just hitting a tough patch. Both are good, but realistically we need Hill in there. The Dalton fumble was partially on Gio also. gio couldn't pick up the block, closed space and eiferts man finished the deal. Gio is THE best change of pace back. Teams will prepare for hill. If he isn't doing too hot, enter gio, and he'll put up the performances we've been seeing. This team is blessed to have both at once though.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 12:37 AM)type_stripe Wrote: Hill is just hitting a tough patch. Both are good, but realistically we need Hill in there. The Dalton fumble was partially on Gio also. gio couldn't pick up the block, closed space and eiferts man finished the deal. Gio is THE best change of pace back. Teams will prepare for hill. If he isn't doing too hot, enter gio, and he'll put up the performances we've been seeing. This team is blessed to have both at once though.
Dalton had plenty of time in the pocket to get rid of the ball. Stop deflecting his turnovers to other players.
Reply/Quote
It's ok. Shelf Hill for now for the most part and use Gio while he is hot.

Hill came on like a beast towards the latter end of the season, and maybe part of that was due to the fact that we held him in the stable for the first half of the season.

Gio looks great so keep him out there making plays. Hills plays will come. Just like everyone on this team, when their number is called, make a play.
Reply/Quote
I think once teams have to start covering AJ, MJ, Eifert and Gio receiving it's going to open things up a bit for Hill. Teams are still making Andy beat them in the air and as long as he keeps doing just that Hill's turn will come.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 12:46 AM)Fresno B Wrote: Dalton had plenty of time in the pocket to get rid of the ball. Stop deflecting his turnovers to other players.

1) he had plenty of time throwing to only one receiver watch the replay. He should have tucked it but a blind side hit is difficult to anticipate. The fumble is still on Dalton, but the blocking was the reason he was under pressure within a few seconds.

2) did I deflect? I said part of it was on Gio also because he was a part of the blocking on that play. If you can't say the pocket collapsed because of Eifert and Gio on that right side then you need to get your vision checked. Gio was pushed back with ease, Eifert stood little chance.
Reply/Quote
I think Hill's performance right now is based on trying to "not fumble" instead of running with his usual verve.

But also, today, I think the Ravens were determined to stop the run, and make Andy Dalton beat them, which he did, with a lot of help from his friends.

If Dalton and our receivers, especially the great AJ Green, can keep playing this effectively, teams are going to have to get some people out of the box, and then both Gio and Hill will pile up some yardage. Hill will regain some confidence and we will have a great running game, with a really fine offensive line and two very good running backs.
Reply/Quote
The only way teams can stop Hill, is to let Andy and his receivers beat them. I'll take that. Ask Jeremy which he'd rather have, a rushing title or a ring?
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Half the runs I saw from Hill were him making out with defensive linemen in the backfield, uncontested. That one play, Bodine was completely demolished. Bodine has played pretty well this year, but it definitely didn't show today.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote