Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Is Jamar due for a HUGE game at some point ?
I haven't seen talked about is about Jamar Chase
Lack of explosive plays and mega production games
As compared to his rookie year.

I understand he was defensed differently this season
Which plays Into his drops in big plays etc.

I think we got so used to his games vs the Chiefs Ravens
Last year that maybe that would be the norm.

Chase only had 4 games with 100 yds plus recieving
I get it he missed 4 games too.

But I think with Tee nursing that hip Injury
This offense will another game where Jamar simply
Takes over like he did in that Chiefs game last year.
This offense will need it going foward. I don't think
A stat line of 6 89 1 TD will be enough
Chase needs to take over like all the great WRs
In the past have done come playoff time.
Owen's, Rice, Moss, etc
Reply/Quote
The whole offense took a step back in the explosive category. The offense matured into an efficient clock eating machine

Of course, they’re still very capable of the big play, but teams are gameplanning to prevent that. As long as they move the ball downfield, the explosive plays don’t have to be relied on
Reply/Quote
Yeah, the big plays are really fun to watch, but I'm glad we aren't just relying on the 50-50 balls way down the field "F it, Jamar's done there somewhere" gameplan anymore.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 12:04 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: The whole offense took a step back in the explosive category. The offense matured into an efficient clock eating machine

Of course, they’re still very capable of the big play, but teams are gameplanning to prevent that. As long as they move the ball downfield, the explosive plays don’t have to be relied on

(01-11-2023, 12:10 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, the big plays are really fun to watch, but I'm glad we aren't just relying on the 50-50 balls way down the field "F it, Jamar's done there somewhere" gameplan anymore.

Ditto 

Just win.  I don't care how.
Reply/Quote
Between his drops and Joe missing him a bit, Jamar very easily could have had a big game last Sunday.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 12:10 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, the big plays are really fun to watch, but I'm glad we aren't just relying on the 50-50 balls way down the field "F it, Jamar's done there somewhere" gameplan anymore.

I think they realized this after about the second game of the season. 

Oh ****, they are completely taking away the deep ball...now what do we do? 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 12:04 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: The whole offense took a step back in the explosive category. The offense matured into an efficient clock eating machine

Agree with this.  I think it shows the evolution/maturation of the offense.  The offense was forced into playing differently this year based on how opposing defenses were playing them, and with injuries.  I think those were both positive things for the growth of the team.  The big plays are fun to watch and still an option, but I'm really glad they're not relying on that as the only way to move the ball.  Last year was fun, but felt like backyard football more than a well-controlled offensive scheme. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

and i like it.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 12:46 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: Agree with this.  I think it shows the evolution/maturation of the offense.  The offense was forced into playing differently this year based on how opposing defenses were playing them, and with injuries.  I think those were both positive things for the growth of the team.  The big plays are fun to watch and still an option, but I'm really glad they're not relying on that as the only way to move the ball.  Last year was fun, but felt like backyard football more than a well-controlled offensive scheme. 

.....and the offensive line improvement has allowed for a more diverse play selection.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Chase having a huge game is more of a possibility if we can run the ball.

Most teams go 2 deep safeties because of him. We play 3 WRs most downs. So you are looking at 6 DL/LB types in the box, 3 corners, and 2 deep safeties. AND WE STILL SUCK AT RUNNING IT.

If Tee is gimpy, I do not foresee a big Chase game. Though I must say, he could have had 3 TDs easily last game. Burrow underthrew a bomb, he dropped one in the end zone, and the one he caught.
Reply/Quote
Was interesting at the game to see when I was paying attention to it that the Ravens actually stacked triangle coverage over Tee/Tyler side and stacked one safety over Jamar so a lot of looks were 3 on 2 / 2 on 1. They really left the middle wide open and the Bengals never seemed to try to take advantage of it. That’s what made me think they were holding something back
Reply/Quote
Ideally, the offense will be more explosive out the gate and jump up by several scores. Take the Ravens' run game away and force Huntley/Brown to throw in the second half.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I’ve been thinking the same thing about Chase going off in a game.I mean something like approaching 200yds.He is a phenomenal athlete.There were a couple big missed opportunities in the last game against the Ravens where Chase done his job,and was in position,but Burrow just couldn’t deliver.Those two would have put him well over 100yds.That last game wasn’t one of Burrow’s better performances this year.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 01:45 PM)LebanonFan Wrote: Was interesting at the game to see when I was paying attention to it that the Ravens actually stacked triangle coverage over Tee/Tyler side and stacked one safety over Jamar so a lot of looks were 3 on 2 / 2 on 1.  They really left the middle wide open and the Bengals never seemed to try to take advantage of it.  That’s what made me think they were holding something back

We never throw downfield to the TE. Always checkdowns or screens. It is criminal. Hurst should be eating that up. 
Reply/Quote
Its Ja'Marr not Jamar. Come on.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 04:05 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: Its Ja'Marr not Jamar.  Come on.

Yeah, Burrows doesn't like it when you misspell his friend's name..... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
I blame Irwin.
Reply/Quote
I feel like he’s been doing just fine. The NFL as a whole decided he’s not gonna beat them so he’s turned into more a a possession guy and he’s excelled. To me he’s just as dangerous as ever even tho his projected stats were probably much higher.

Can’t get 15 TDS if ppl are just triple teaming you.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 04:09 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, Burrows doesn't like it when you misspell his friend's name..... Hilarious

But Jackson Carmen doesn't mind.   Tongue

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 04:13 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: But Jackson Carmen doesn't mind.   Tongue

Or Ted Kappa.... Cool
Reply/Quote