Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Legal Weed From California OK??
Is the legal weed from California ok for me to vape?!

Weed regrows brain cells and makes me think clearly, but this is the first time that I got actual leaves from out there.

Someone just said that the problem was only with the oils and that was because of chemicals in the glasses that the oil came in.

I've been eating edibles from out there which is a whole different kind of high, but I just want to make sure I don't die from vaping it!

Does anyone know!

Links would be great but not exactly necessary.

THANKS!
Reply/Quote
If you just got leaves and you are trying to "vape" them then you will have some problems.
Reply/Quote
BTW jujst because weed is legal where it is purchased that does not mean it is legal to posses it in every other state.

Is weed legal in Kentucky?
Reply/Quote
If you're talking about all of the issues surrounding vaping not to long ago, that all applied to basically vape carts that were being sold on the street. People were mixing in their own accelerate and using stuff like Vitamin E, which was causing a lot of problems. As far as I know, the stuff being sold in the stores was fine.

That said, edibles are still healthier. You can also vape regular flower, and not get it in juice form. I would imagine this would be better as well. You could use something like this: https://www.pax.com/products/pax-3?variant=32037937709167

Pro Tip: If you choose to vape flower (regular weed) you can save up the weed once it's been vaped (It's called AVP, already vaped bud) and make your own edibles out of it. You basically get to use it twice.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2020, 11:08 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: If you're talking about all of the issues surrounding vaping not to long ago, that all applied to basically vape carts that were being sold on the street.  People were mixing in their own accelerate and using stuff like Vitamin E, which was causing a lot of problems.  As far as I know, the stuff being sold in the stores was fine.

That said, edibles are still healthier.  You can also vape regular flower, and not get it in juice form.  I would imagine this would be better as well.  You could use something like this: https://www.pax.com/products/pax-3?variant=32037937709167

Pro Tip: If you choose to vape flower (regular weed) you can save up the weed once it's been vaped (It's called AVP, already vaped bud) and make your own edibles out of it.  You basically get to use it twice.

Like I said, vaping weed is the only time I think clearly.  

I'd strictly do edibles if they did the same but, like I said, it's a whole different high.

It sounds like I should be golden then because the person I get it from gets it from the people that sell to dispensaries, so they wouldn't have mixed it or added anything, right?
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2020, 11:08 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: That said, edibles are still healthier.  You can also vape regular flower, and not get it in juice form.  I would imagine this would be better as well.  You could use something like this: https://www.pax.com/products/pax-3?variant=32037937709167

I thought it had to be in oil form to be vaped.

Does the vaporizer just steam off the oil on the outside of the leaves? 
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2020, 05:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I thought it had to be in oil form to be vaped.

Does the vaporizer just steam off the oil on the outside of the leaves? 

Yeah, pretty much.  The temps are real low on them (like 375-400) and it heats it up enough to release whatever magical weed compounds are in there.  I think weed nerd/scientists call them something like cannibanoids.  But it doesn't burn the bud, it just dries it out.  It goes from looking green to brown.

Best part is you can save up the dried up weed and use it for edibles.  But you need a lot of it.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2020, 05:10 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Like I said, vaping weed is the only time I think clearly.  

I'd strictly do edibles if they did the same but, like I said, it's a whole different high.

It sounds like I should be golden then because the person I get it from gets it from the people that sell to dispensaries, so they wouldn't have mixed it or added anything, right?

You should be fine with the store bought carts.  From what I can recall that entire mess was people making their own oil and mixing it with the wrong stuff.  But I'd still do your research.

Fwiw, I like the carts but they're a little expensive I think.  I just stick with the regular old bud.  Love edibles, but if I eat one I aint moving for a few hours.
Reply/Quote
Here is the best thing to do with the low THC "leaves" that are trimmed off plants.

Boil them in water with melted butter. All the THC will bond with the fat in the butter. Strain the liquid so it is free of any plant material. when the butter rises to the top and cools you have THC laced butter that can be used in cooking or to make pot suppositories. The suppositories get the THC into your bloodstream much faster than edibles.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2020, 06:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Here is the best thing to do with the low THC "leaves" that are trimmed off plants.

Boil them in water with melted butter.  All the THC will bond with the fat in the butter.  Strain the liquid so it is free of any plant material.  when the butter rises to the top and cools you have THC laced butter that can be used in cooking or to make pot suppositories. The suppositories get the THC into your bloodstream much faster than edibles.

Fred, is this your clever way of telling us all to shove it up our asses?
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2020, 06:10 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: You should be fine with the store bought carts.  From what I can recall that entire mess was people making their own oil and mixing it with the wrong stuff.  But I'd still do your research.

Fwiw, I like the carts but they're a little expensive I think.  I just stick with the regular old bud.  Love edibles, but if I eat one I aint moving for a few hours.

My cousin said that he gets it from the actual farms before they send it to the factories (if that's what you call them?) to be processed and everything, so it's just pure weed with no additives.

It's good to have connections!

The other day was the first time I vaped since the whole Rona started, and it was more of just a good high where I thought clearly.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2020, 06:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Here is the best thing to do with the low THC "leaves" that are trimmed off plants.

Boil them in water with melted butter.  All the THC will bond with the fat in the butter.  Strain the liquid so it is free of any plant material.  when the butter rises to the top and cools you have THC laced butter that can be used in cooking or to make pot suppositories. The suppositories get the THC into your bloodstream much faster than edibles.

Bad advice. I did it that way a few times and it was shit compared to what I learned later. Now I take shit leaves and stems that growers throw away, follow these directions and I produce consistently awesome "budder". Many friends gave me the "You can't make good Pot Butter with just shake leaves." line. They changed their tune after I gave them some of my infused cake.

First you need to decarboxylate or "decarb" your pot.

1. Decarb the cannabis. Preheat your oven to 245ºF. Place cannabis buds on a non-stick, oven-safe tray. Cover the tray with parchment paper to prevent sticking. Insert the tray into the oven and set a timer for 30-40 minutes. Older, drier cannabis may require less time.  Low-and-slow is the recommended approach when decarbing to better preserve the cannabinoids. Every 10 minutes, gently mix the buds with a light shake of the tray to expose the surface area of the buds equally.
This process breaks down the cells and lets the THC move out into the butter much easier. Crumble up all of it into mostly powder. Cut or break the stems into inch long pieces to make them easier to be removed later. I usually pass on the stems because I have access to several growers so I have hefty bags of pot leaves sitting in the garage. I give the stems to a neighbor that makes stem butter. My leaf recipe is not far off from the bud growers that use strictly bud in their edibles. Theirs is slightly stronger with a light yellow color, mine is strong with a light green color.

Put 4 cups of water and 4 sticks of butter into a crock pot that has a warm setting, not all crock pots have a warm setting. If you put it on low, it will get too hot and dissipate your THC out of your concoction much like vaping. Boiling it just makes shitty tasting butter with little to no THC. After the butter is melted, put in an ounce to three ounces of leaves and or stems

Leave it on warm for 12 hours, stirring every hour or so. It's best to start this process in the morning when you are going to be home all day. Being lazy and letting it soak all night without stirring it for 8 hours will not produce maximum results. Dispute it all you want, I'm speaking from experience.

Strain it through a cheesecloth into a Cool Whip type of flexible container and place it in the fridge for 3-4 hours. It's going to be HOT. When you squeeze the strained cheese cloth, non-powdered disposable gloves or kitchen gloves are recommended. Also, pulling out as many of the stems as you can. Getting pieces of weed in the strained butter is not the end of the world but it's best to keep as much of it out as possible.

After removing from the fridge, move around the outsides of the flexible bowl and pop the cold hard butter "disc" loose and discard the water.

Use warm water to wash and rub off the dark water residue off of the bottom of the large butter disc. If you don't, you will taste the nasty water in your food.

Pat dry with a paper towel, wrap in cling wrap and freeze. It is a perishable product that you just warmed up for 12 hours and mixed it with organic material. If you leave it in the fridge, it will spoil in days. True story.

Before freezing, I usually cut the large butter disc into six pizza slice shapes and use one at a time for a simple baking pan sixed cake, Betty Crocker Butter Recipe Yellow is the best from my experience. Duncan Hines has poor reviews from my friends when compared to the rest. They rate lower than the store brands(any of you older guys remember before the store brands and they carried GENERIC brand?). Pillsbury has a Sugar Free cake that is outstanding(light blue box) but usually around twice the price. No biggie if you are buying one but the only reason price is an issue is that I usually buy up to 10 at a time so it's a choice of 16-17 dollars or 32-35 dollars. I use 5 pieces for 5 cakes and I re-use the 6th piece to coat the pans with pot butter for each cake.

Cookies are bullshit unless you cut the butter back. They are WAY too strong, I can monitor everything much easier with an average slice of cake which comes out to about 1/5th of a cookie when it comes to amount of THC butter in each. If you are stoned and accidentally eat another cookie by mistake . . . your day is now officially ruined. I've never smoked myself into a stupor like that produced from eating too much THC infused food. It's not super high at all, it's just pass the **** out and feel terrible if you don't. If smoking weed made me feel anything like it is when you have too much infused food, I would have never been a user and probably just stuck with my beer.

I hope you give my directions a try. I got this same advice from several growers, who all in turn took my advice on the Betty Crocker recommendations and now add that in with their teachings.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2020, 11:04 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Is weed legal in Kentucky?

No.  Not even medically.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2020, 03:24 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: No.  Not even medically.

Nope, which is hilarious considering it's a huge cash crop here.

The state would make a fortune off taxing it and then put it towards roads and things like that.  It's so stupid that they don't.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2020, 12:45 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Nope, which is hilarious considering it's a huge cash crop here.

The state would make a fortune off taxing it and then put it towards roads and things like that.  It's so stupid that they don't.

It'll probably be a while in Kentucky.

Comer had been progressive with hemp, but if wasn't for him, we wouldn't even have that crop. The rest of the GOP is pretty hard line against medical marijuana. Recreational is nowhere on their agenda.

And this isn't meant to be political, it just is what it is. A handful of dems have attempted to pass medical in recent years, but the GOP isn't even embracing hemp, which basically is just a fiber as there's no THC.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm really surprised neither candidate this year ran with a position of pro-legalization of marijuana from a federal level.

The left has been getting more, and more progressive (this is simply true, I'm not trying to stir some crazy political talk), while this stance, I think, is almost moderate. I would have thought it might be a feather in their cap in being the party for the younger demographic, and their base.

And Trump, who is obviously on the right, is actually more liberal than many would have you to believe. Despite many's complaints about him, you can't say he's a traditional hard-nosed conservative. I would have thought he might have used this to reach across the aisle, or to appeal to voters that normally wouldn't align with his party.

It all just seems so stupid to me. The amount of tax dollars lost is unbelievable. If it were to be legalized everywhere the prices would conntinue to go further and further down, leaving opprtunity for plenty of taxes from both the state and federal level.

The fact it's illegal is not stopping anyone from using it, and it really hasn't in a long, long time. Enforcement costs money, and fines and costs do not negate this. Couple this with lose tax revenue, and you left with a lot of money lost. To accomplish what exactly? What does marijuana being illegal accomplish? What are the benefits?

Even the majority of most senior citizens aren't against it. They're most likely either pro-legalization, or they're indifferent.

I keep thinking politicians will come to their senses with this, and I keep getting proved wrong. I'm really not sure why someone hasn't been incredibly vocal about this, with all of the talking points we've suffered through in recent years (ex: transgender surgury for US soldiers).
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2020, 10:48 PM)Benton Wrote: It'll probably be a while in Kentucky.

Comer had been progressive with hemp, but if wasn't for him, we wouldn't even have that crop. The rest of the GOP is pretty hard line against medical marijuana. Recreational is nowhere on their agenda.

And this isn't meant to be political, it just is what it is. A handful of dems have attempted to pass medical in recent years, but the GOP isn't even embracing hemp, which basically is just a fiber as there's no THC.

It's complete bullshit and Republicans are against it just because Democrats are for it, which is one of the reasons why I hate both parties on some issues: they're against it just because the other party is for it.

I'd love for someone to ask them logically why it's illegal, especially with all the medical benefits.  

Also, how many people wouldn't drink as much or smoke as much if weed were legal, which would be another medical benefit.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 01:38 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: It's complete bullshit and Republicans are against it just because Democrats are for it, which is one of the reasons why I hate both parties on some issues: they're against it just because the other party is for it.

I'd love for someone to ask them logically why it's illegal, especially with all the medical benefits.  

Also, how many people wouldn't drink as much or smoke as much if weed were legal, which would be another medical benefit.

Party wise, I think Republicans don't want to appear as not tough on crime. Which makes sense with strongwr more addictive drugs.
Reply/Quote