Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Marvin really gone?
Like I've said in other threads, I think Marvin put the story out that he was looking to keep coaching. I think he did it because he hadn't heard anything from the FO. But I think Marvin and Mike will work things out and we will have 2018 much the same as the rest of the Marvin years. We'll probably improve to nine wins next year by sheer accident and we'll keep rolling along.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2017, 01:43 AM)Benton Wrote: Like I've said in other threads, I think Marvin put the story out that he was looking to keep coaching. I think he did it because he hadn't heard anything from the FO. But I think Marvin and Mike will work things out and we will have 2018 much the same as the rest of the Marvin years. We'll probably improve to nine wins next year by sheer accident and we'll keep rolling along.

Double edged sword for me if that's the case.  On one hand, that will push me over the edge, and I'll quit the team......no more misery!  On the other hand, it'll be kinda sad for it go down that way after 30 plus years on "the bandwagon."

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Even if Marvin is out of the building he still might not be gone.

Just about all of the HC candidates people think are likely are still Marvin guys. Hue, Gruden, Guenther and Simmons all come from the same tree.

Zimmer is the only Marvin guy I have any interest in.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2017, 01:47 PM)grampahol Wrote: I'm actually ok with Marvin because I don't think he's the problem with the franchise. The business model is what's wrong. It's run by a lawyer.. Paul Brown understood the need for a good lawyer who could keep the dogs out of the business end of the family business. You really have to wonder if PB knew his lil sonny boy would be such a slouch as GM and the every day running of the team. Maybe he did and his only concern after his death was that his family would be provided for for years to come. To that end Mikey has succeeded well beyond pops wildest dreams. That's the thing about people dying. We don't usually know exactly what they were thinking, but we do know that having an ivy league educated lawyer in the family you probably weren't going to go broke any time soon and the league back then was rife with crooks and mobsters.. Paul understood that much.    

great resect for your views but how can we blame Mike Brown and all of his issues for Marvin being 0-7 in playoffs , his record against Steelers, the chargers ;loss, the Texan losses, the 2015 playoff meltdown, prime time record. etc.

Mike and management some how gave Marvin a roster to make the playoffs but he cannot win a playoff game or beat our main rival. Players lack discipline, implode, we get crushed in second half, etc.

It is time for him to go- completely. Do not hire as GM.
Reply/Quote
I don't think there is any mistaking the fact Marvin wants to come back. The question is, will MB let him. I think Mike Borwn is waiting to see if Jay Gruden gets fired. If he does, I suspect he will get the offer, if not, then I am afraid Merv might be back.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2017, 04:30 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't think there is any mistaking the fact Marvin wants to come back. The question is, will MB let him. I think Mike Borwn is waiting to see if Jay Gruden gets fired. If he does, I suspect he will get the offer, if not, then I am afraid Merv might be back.

Jay Gruden was retained by the Redskins. Hue Jackson was retained by the Browns. If Jon Gruden was interested...

...I would still call Jim Tressel instead.
Reply/Quote
Nothing would surprise me.

I wouldn’t be disappointed if Marvin returns as long as they hire all new offensive coaches. I do think we need a new coach but I also believe that Marvin just may be the right guy here.

Either way, I’ll remain a die hard fan of this team & support them to the (bitter) end.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote