Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Pouncey an option at Center?
I wouldnt be against it, but I am in favor of either getting someone like him or drafting a top center in the draft.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I am pretty sure he was rated like the 27th Center in the league last year. Big time name, but low level production.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 02:59 PM)NKYRob Wrote: Here's what Jim O has to say about the Bengals approach to the center position.

Can Jim O possibly expand on why this team has such a hard on for the worst starting center in football?
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 04:36 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Can Jim O possibly expand on why this team has such a hard on for the worst starting center in football?

PFF rated Bodine better than Pouncey last year...
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 03:53 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: His major hip issue was two yrs ago and since has played in every game.  Ur right...entertaining indeed.

And bone spurs being removed means there are no more bone spurs.....
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 04:37 PM)Au165 Wrote: PFF rated Bodine better than Pouncey last year...

How many games did each guy play in?
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 04:42 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: How many games did each guy play in?

Both 16 last season. 
Reply/Quote
I could be wrong, but it seems like the longer RB remains unsigned the least likely it is he's going to get much of an offer in free agency which could mean him returning here with a real lowball contract and us drafting his eventual replacement .  Hell, I really shouldn't be trying to read Mikey's tea leaves. They're probably dandilion leaves anyway . 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 04:36 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Can Jim O possibly expand on why this team has such a hard on for the worst starting center in football?

Familarity in case draft plans don't go thru is my guess I still expect to see a Center draft day 1 or 2 even if bodine is retained
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 04:42 PM)Au165 Wrote: Both 16 last season. 

Well I'll be, Pouncey made it through a whole season haha.

Eh, PFF be damned, I'd still take him over Bodine. Although I'd rather have Johnson start over both of them  Mellow 

And I'd still like the team explain what they see in Bodine...
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 04:44 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Familarity in case draft plans don't go thru is my guess I still expect to see a Center draft day 1 or 2 even if bodine is retained

God I hope so
Reply/Quote
I would take Pouncey over Bodine without hesitation. Hip problems or not, he'd be an upgrade over ol' turnstile. Hell, just let Dalton walk up to the line holding the football in his hand like backyard football and he'd have just as much protection in the middle as he does with Bodine playing. Plus, Pouncey has played more games than Burfict since 2014 and people don't want Burfict gone.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 04:46 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Well I'll be, Pouncey made it through a whole season haha.

Eh, PFF be damned, I'd still take him over Bodine. Although I'd rather have Johnson start over both of them  Mellow 

And I'd still like the team explain what they see in Bodine...

Well, if you want to go back to the year before Pouncey was out all year injured so Bodine was better then too lol.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 03:30 PM)Bryan Wrote: Why does Mike Brown hate this fanbase?

It's the lightening rod approach.  MB keeps Bodine for the same reason Mauluaga was here for so long - to draw the fans anger away from other players. 
Reply/Quote
Nah, he isn't much better than Bodine. He is not his brother and he is hurt all the time.

Want us to draft one of the top Centers instead.
Reply/Quote

Have you seen the dude lift weights? He's soooooooooooooooooooo stroooooooooooooooooooooooong.  Whatever
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 05:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nah, he isn't much better than Bodine. He is not his brother and he is hurt all the time.

Want us to draft one of the top Centers instead.

I want to draft a center as well, but Pouncey is a huge upgrade over Bodine. While I know it's different positions and not an apples to apples comparison, Pouncey has played in 83% of the games in his career as opposed to Burfict's career 70% and Eifert's career 49%.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 05:43 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: I want to draft a center as well, but Pouncey is a huge upgrade over Bodine. While I know it's different positions and not an apples to apples comparison, Pouncey has played in 83% of the games in his career as opposed to Burfict's career 70% and Eifert's career 49%.

I don't put much stock in PFF as you know but as Au165 alluded to, Pouncey was rated worse than Bodine last season.

Doesn't sound like a huge upgrade to me. I already think Westerman can be a huge upgrade at Center over Bodine and he is
on the team. He was compared to Alex Mack coming out. Draft Ragnow, Price or Daniels and we will be much better off IMO.
Reply/Quote
Why do they want garbage bodine back ?
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 02:59 PM)NKYRob Wrote: Here's what Jim O has to say about the Bengals approach to the center position.

Yeah, they seem stuck on him for some reason. We can only hope some other team forgets to watch film on him decides to sign him.

Reply/Quote