Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Is Pouncey an option at Center? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Is Pouncey an option at Center? (/Thread-Is-Pouncey-an-option-at-Center)

Pages: 1 2 3

Is Pouncey an option at Center? - Chezaugie - 03-15-2018

What do you guys think? Too much?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22775721/mike-pouncey-asks-miami-dolphins-release

RE: Is Pouncey an option at Center? - PhilHos - 03-15-2018

(03-15-2018, 02:17 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: What do you guys think? Too much?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22775721/mike-pouncey-asks-miami-dolphins-release

Why not? Can't have too many oft-injured players - especially on the offensive line. Right?  ThumbsUp

Seriously, though, as Shia Lebeouf so eloquently put it, "Just DO IT"

RE: Is Pouncey an option at Center? - NATI BENGALS - 03-15-2018

Nope

RE: Is Pouncey an option at Center? - XenoMorph - 03-15-2018

I wouldn't mind if he fits in the books. that would almost completely open the draft for playmakers instead of trench players early. could play Center or OG

Don't know what his salary demands are probly ends up next to his brother if I had to fuess

RE: Is Pouncey an option at Center? - Bengalpool - 03-15-2018

Is it an option? I can probably speak for the Bengals and say "not a chance in hell". Is it a good idea? Yes.

RE: Is Pouncey an option at Center? - yellowxdiscipline - 03-15-2018

Nope. He cant stay healthy and will command a big pay day.

RE: Is Pouncey an option at Center? - Truck_1_0_1_ - 03-15-2018

He's always been better than his brother, but has never been given the praise, due to the teams they play with and because he spent another year in college.

I'd be for it.

RE: Is Pouncey an option at Center? - phil413 - 03-15-2018

Versatile vet and comp pick friendly, if the numbers work I'm fine with his history.

RE: Is Pouncey an option at Center? - Ravage - 03-15-2018

(03-15-2018, 02:32 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Nope. He cant stay healthy and will command a big pay day.

He's played in 14 or more games 5 of his 7 seasons, 12 or more in 6 of 7. The only season he was hurt an extended period was 2 years ago when he played in 5 games and last year started all 16 (3rd season with 16 games played). That largely is staying healthy. I'm not advocating one way or another, but we're not talking the OL version of Chris Perry here.

RE: Is Pouncey an option at Center? - ochocincos - 03-15-2018

Given the Bengals already said they only planned to spend $15 mill in FA before they made the trade for Glenn, I don't think they'll consider any interior OL that costs more than like $5 mill a year. And Pouncey was making ~$8 mill a year with Miami.

But if he would take a discount to come to Cincinnati, I'd be on board.

RE: Is Pouncey an option at Center? - SadFaceBengal15 - 03-15-2018

(03-15-2018, 02:32 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Nope. He cant stay healthy and will command a big pay day.

He can’t stay healthy!? bro u need to go back and look at his seasons played. Ur shooting blanks man. He’s had a hip issues yes but he’s played in 80% of his career games each season crept for 1. So quiet down with the injury bs. We have bigger problems...like bodine at center

RE: Is Pouncey an option at Center? - NKYRob - 03-15-2018

Here's what Jim O has to say about the Bengals approach to the center position.

RE: Is Pouncey an option at Center? - Sled21 - 03-15-2018

So we want to sign a guy coming off of "major hip surgery", all the while wringing hands over the tackle we signed having bone spurs taken off his foot..... this board is nothing if not entertaining.....

RE: Is Pouncey an option at Center? - phil413 - 03-15-2018

NKYRob Wrote:Here's what Jim O has to say about the Bengals approach to the center position.

If Bodine is the focus, it's a 1998 Ford Focus. I'd be happy with something that doesn't break down once it starts.

RE: Is Pouncey an option at Center? - The Caped Crusader - 03-15-2018

Well, if Bodine comes back, I will look forward to that pocket falling apart instantly. Never seen a center get bullrushed and lose as much as Bodine did.

RE: Is Pouncey an option at Center? - shanebo - 03-15-2018

Telling that the Fins would rather trade for Kilgore than pursue FA Bodine ...

I'd love to see Pouncey here, but don't see it happening.

RE: Is Pouncey an option at Center? - Bryan - 03-15-2018

(03-15-2018, 02:59 PM)NKYRob Wrote: Here's what Jim O has to say about the Bengals approach to the center position.

Why does Mike Brown hate this fanbase?

RE: Is Pouncey an option at Center? - The Caped Crusader - 03-15-2018

(03-15-2018, 03:30 PM)Bryan Wrote: Why does Mike Brown hate this fanbase?

[Image: bane4.gif]

RE: Is Pouncey an option at Center? - SadFaceBengal15 - 03-15-2018

(03-15-2018, 03:02 PM)Sled21 Wrote: So we want to sign a guy coming off of "major hip surgery", all the while wringing hands over the tackle we signed having bone spurs taken off his foot..... this board is nothing if not entertaining.....

His major hip issue was two yrs ago and since has played in every game. Ur right...entertaining indeed.

RE: Is Pouncey an option at Center? - Big Boss - 03-15-2018

(03-15-2018, 02:59 PM)NKYRob Wrote: Here's what Jim O has to say about the Bengals approach to the center position.

My God.