Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Pouncey an option at Center?
What do you guys think? Too much?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22775721/mike-pouncey-asks-miami-dolphins-release
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 02:17 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: What do you guys think? Too much?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22775721/mike-pouncey-asks-miami-dolphins-release

Why not? Can't have too many oft-injured players - especially on the offensive line. Right?  ThumbsUp

Seriously, though, as Shia Lebeouf so eloquently put it, "Just DO IT"
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Nope
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't mind if he fits in the books. that would almost completely open the draft for playmakers instead of trench players early. could play Center or OG

Don't know what his salary demands are probly ends up next to his brother if I had to fuess
Reply/Quote
Is it an option? I can probably speak for the Bengals and say "not a chance in hell". Is it a good idea? Yes.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
Nope. He cant stay healthy and will command a big pay day.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
He's always been better than his brother, but has never been given the praise, due to the teams they play with and because he spent another year in college.

I'd be for it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Versatile vet and comp pick friendly, if the numbers work I'm fine with his history.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 02:32 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Nope. He cant stay healthy and will command a big pay day.

He's played in 14 or more games 5 of his 7 seasons, 12 or more in 6 of 7. The only season he was hurt an extended period was 2 years ago when he played in 5 games and last year started all 16 (3rd season with 16 games played). That largely is staying healthy. I'm not advocating one way or another, but we're not talking the OL version of Chris Perry here.
Reply/Quote
Given the Bengals already said they only planned to spend $15 mill in FA before they made the trade for Glenn, I don't think they'll consider any interior OL that costs more than like $5 mill a year. And Pouncey was making ~$8 mill a year with Miami.

But if he would take a discount to come to Cincinnati, I'd be on board.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 02:32 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Nope. He cant stay healthy and will command a big pay day.

He can’t stay healthy!? bro u need to go back and look at his seasons played. Ur shooting blanks man. He’s had a hip issues yes but he’s played in 80% of his career games each season crept for 1. So quiet down with the injury bs. We have bigger problems...like bodine at center
Reply/Quote
Here's what Jim O has to say about the Bengals approach to the center position.

Reply/Quote
So we want to sign a guy coming off of "major hip surgery", all the while wringing hands over the tackle we signed having bone spurs taken off his foot..... this board is nothing if not entertaining.....
Reply/Quote
NKYRob Wrote:Here's what Jim O has to say about the Bengals approach to the center position.

If Bodine is the focus, it's a 1998 Ford Focus. I'd be happy with something that doesn't break down once it starts.
Reply/Quote
Well, if Bodine comes back, I will look forward to that pocket falling apart instantly. Never seen a center get bullrushed and lose as much as Bodine did.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
Telling that the Fins would rather trade for Kilgore than pursue FA Bodine ...

I'd love to see Pouncey here, but don't see it happening.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 02:59 PM)NKYRob Wrote: Here's what Jim O has to say about the Bengals approach to the center position.

Why does Mike Brown hate this fanbase?

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 03:30 PM)Bryan Wrote: Why does Mike Brown hate this fanbase?

[Image: bane4.gif]

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 03:02 PM)Sled21 Wrote: So we want to sign a guy coming off of "major hip surgery", all the while wringing hands over the tackle we signed having bone spurs taken off his foot..... this board is nothing if not entertaining.....

His major hip issue was two yrs ago and since has played in every game. Ur right...entertaining indeed.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 02:59 PM)NKYRob Wrote: Here's what Jim O has to say about the Bengals approach to the center position.

My God.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote