Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Reiff eligible if healthy?
Was Riley Reiff placed on season ending IR or could he play if he was able to? Originally said good chance to make it back for playoffs then said he’s done for the season. Maybe they didn’t think about us making it to the AFC Championship and maybe he is healthy enough to play.
Reply/Quote
I thought he was done no matter what, but I’m not positive.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This reports he can return from IR after 3 weeks if healthy.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2021/12/17/bengals-riley-reiff-injury-out-for-season/
Reply/Quote
I hope he can play next week!!
Reply/Quote
He is on IR. If he becomes healthy enough to return and play, he will be activated. If not, he stays on IR. He was eligible to return after his third week on IR, which I believe was after the KC game.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 05:28 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: He is on IR.  If he becomes healthy enough to return and play, he will be activated.  If not, he stays on IR.   He was eligible to return after his third week on IR, which I believe was after the KC game.

I thought ZT already said he was out for the season even if we make the superbowl. Or was that for someone else?
Reply/Quote
Yeah I asked this in the GD thread. I believe Zac said he was done for the year. But I never heard the exact injury he sustained other than ankle. I don't remember hearing anything about surgery. Does anyone have specifics?
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 05:35 PM)TheFan Wrote: I thought ZT already said he was out for the season even if we make the superbowl. Or was that for someone else?

He may have.  I have no idea.  The question was posed as to if he is eligible to come back.  The answer is yes, if he is healthy.  If he isn't healthy enough to play, it doesn't matter if he is eligible to return.
Reply/Quote
Yep Zac said he’s not going to be back this season no matter how far we go.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 05:47 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Yeah I asked this in the GD thread. I believe Zac said he was done for the year. But I never heard the exact injury he sustained other than ankle. I don't remember hearing anything about surgery. Does anyone have specifics?

If it required surgery, the odds are that ligaments and/or tendons were torn.  That is a 4-6 month recovery.  Zac confirmed he would not be healthy for the playoffs

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Zac said he was done for the year even if we go to the Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 05:53 PM)GAWhoDey Wrote: Yep Zac said he’s not going to be back this season no matter how far we go.

Yeah, its a bummer but he is out for the season.  Mellow
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
I thought he would be back by now,all he had was a high ankle injury..wondering if there's any updates on this guy we could really use this week..
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 12:07 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: I thought he would be back by now,all he had was a high ankle injury..wondering if there's any updates on this guy we could really use this week..

I think Zac had ruled him out for the remainder of the season back in December. He said the ankle wasn't improve, but instead getting worse. 
Reply/Quote
He had to have surgery which almost always means a ligament tear. That is a 4-6 month recovery

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 12:08 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I think Zac had ruled him out for the remainder of the season back in December. He said the ankle wasn't improve, but instead getting worse. 

Yeah I know he was declared out for the season I assumed regular season, but the thinking was he'll have a chance to get back for the post season..anyway if he's not back then fred Johnson should be the right tackle and Jackson Carman should be the right guard..
Reply/Quote
I've seen enough of prince and Adeniji to know that they have physical limitations and that's fine everyone's not blessed with god given talent;but with that said it's no denying that both Carman and Johnson have far more upside than the other 2 guys..
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 12:12 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: Yeah I know he was declared out for the season I assumed regular season, but the thinking was he'll have a chance to get back for the post season..anyway if he's not back then fred Johnson should be the right tackle and Jackson Carman should be the right guard..

1000% agree
can it be any worse then Adeniji and Prince on that side? Although Prince is getting decent PFF numbers....?? its not passing my eye test
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 12:17 PM)kalibengal Wrote: 1000% agree
can it be any worse then Adeniji and Prince on that side? Although Prince is getting decent PFF numbers....?? its not passing my eye test

He struggled and fought at the end of the season but the game against the Titans he was very good. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 12:17 PM)kalibengal Wrote: 1000% agree

I started rewatching the game last night but i was focusing on the left side of the line first time though to figure out why Spain was so upset with his tweets. PFF must have determined that it was Adeniji's fault on one of the first few where adeniji blocked down with hopkins and Prince turned out letting a free runner in. to me only the bengals know who made the wrong call.
Reply/Quote